-
tohara3
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 30,819
Originally posted by Nuns:
It's been my impression that as Johnson uses him less, the offense performs better.
Agree
-
Chico
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,546
waste of roster space - bring back Rath-man!
-
binary2nd
- Member
-
- Posts: 1,345
utilizing him less is key.
-
keeferr75
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 850
-
SybErkRimInAL
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 59,185
Originally posted by keeferr75:
Did I or did I not see him split out at WR against the Saints??
-
matt49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,613
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Did I or did I not see him split out at WR against the Saints??
u did, wtf was that?
-
HessianDud
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 22,995
Bruce Miller has looked good. Think Moran's time here might be limited.
He's been a decent player for us, despite several cringe-inducing lowlights. But Miller is so much more versatile and seems like he actually could contribute with the ball in his hands. Not sure that Norris can stick as an aging one-dimensional player.
-
SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 17,610
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Raise your hand if you think Moran Norris can wipe his own ass.
Oh, I'm sorry, Moran... your hand needs to be lifted over your shoulder to be considered "raised".
Moran Norris is so damn stiff. 
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Raise your hand if you think Moran Norris can wipe his own ass.
Oh, I'm sorry, Moran... your hand needs to be lifted over your shoulder to be considered "raised".
Moran Norris is so damn stiff. 

LOL this pic says it all !!
-
Paul_Hofer
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,080
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Bruce Miller has looked good. Think Moran's time here might be limited.
He's been a decent player for us, despite several cringe-inducing lowlights. But Miller is so much more versatile and seems like he actually could contribute with the ball in his hands. Not sure that Norris can stick as an aging one-dimensional player.
I believe it was Barrows who wrote that Bruce Miller saw the field last night before Moran. I agree that Miller looked ready as a fullback. He'll also be a good special teams player while Moran is so one dimensional that he doesn't even play STs that I remember. Also, Delainie Walker played FB last night as well. Too, Anthony Dixon could play FB, although the coaches don't seem to be using him that way. Having Dixon and Gore in at the same time could be approaching the Craig/Rathman days. Still, Miller appears to be a good pass and run blocker as well as a pass catcher. The only play I saw Moran on last night was as a lead blocker and he ended up not blocking anyone.
-
tohara3
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 30,819
I think Norris could and should be let go. We need to get younger, faster and more athletic at this position in Harbaughs offense
-
jreff22
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 67,409
a relic from the past, time to cut the guy
-
SnakePlissken
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 15,028
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Bruce Miller has looked good. Think Moran's time here might be limited.
He's been a decent player for us, despite several cringe-inducing lowlights. But Miller is so much more versatile and seems like he actually could contribute with the ball in his hands. Not sure that Norris can stick as an aging one-dimensional player.
I believe it was Barrows who wrote that Bruce Miller saw the field last night before Moran. I agree that Miller looked ready as a fullback. He'll also be a good special teams player while Moran is so one dimensional that he doesn't even play STs that I remember. Also, Delainie Walker played FB last night as well. Too, Anthony Dixon could play FB, although the coaches don't seem to be using him that way. Having Dixon and Gore in at the same time could be approaching the Craig/Rathman days. Still, Miller appears to be a good pass and run blocker as well as a pass catcher. The only play I saw Moran on last night was as a lead blocker and he ended up not blocking anyone.
Yeah, Miller took at least 6 of the opening snaps with the 1st team offense last night; which there were also points in the game (around the end of the middle of the 1st, and beginning of the 2nd quarter) where Harbaugh switched Norris out with Miller, yet again. -Miller played almost the entire effing game after that!
Yeah though, Miller looks more ready to start in this offense at FB than Norris (that guy is just washed up right now).
-
Allx9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 11,690
the best chance norris has of staying is that if that 21 guys new contract has some sort of provision for keeping him
-
oldninerdude
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,330
Harbaugh's all about football and competition, not locker room politics or front office concerns. Two questions: can you play, and can you play better than the other guys at your position.
Miller showed last night that he can play fullback, and that he can play it better--with more versatility than Norris. He can catch out of the backfield, He even did a better job of blocking than Norris. IMHO.
So even tho he's tight with Gore, I think he's gonna get a visit from the Turk. He's been a solid 49er, and a team player. No disrepect to him, but time to move on.