LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD**

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it.

All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:
http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO:

When? December 20, 2009

Where? Philadelphia (Game being broadcast locally on FOX)

When? 10:00 am PST

This thread will be merged with the Gameday thread once we hit the date. For now, use this thread for your musing re the game...

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
weather update
38 deg 30% chance of rain/snow showers
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Last year 49ers had this same team on the Ropes but blew it in the 4th quarter. JT was playing QB he threw 2 picks and lost 1 fumble. Gore had over 100 yards rushing on only 19 carries. Vernon Davis had a big game. 49ers had 10 pentaties to the Eagles 2. This year there record seems to be a little inflated, 7 of there games are versus teams with 5 or less wins.(6-1) While the 49ers only have 3 games against teams with 5 or less wins (2-1).

The team they beat up on, the Falcons, who beat up the 49ers doesn't really tell anything. Against the Eagles the Falcons were missing Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. When the 49ers played the Falcons, Shaun Hills worse game, Gore out, Crabtree wasn't signed. Philly can be a tough place to play but if the 49ers play with discipline and high intensity this is a very winnable game.

Keys for the 49ers
--------------------
Defense
1. Pass Rush - can not give McNabb time or he will tear you apart.
2. Key DeSean Jackson (He will be trying to take it out on the 49ers for not drafting him) no big touchdowns.
3. Key Celek in the redzone.
4. Discipline in assignments, McNabb often tries to extend plays, can't give Jackson punt return lanes, staying aware of screens
5. Continue to be physical

Offense
1 .Run Gore, Consistent and Discipline running the ball - In all of there losses teams have had some success running the ball, and ran the ball around 30 times
2. No Turnovers - They're secondary makes plays and there offense feed off of turnovers.
3. Block there DE - They get a lot of pressure from there ends, (27.5 sacks of there 36 come from there DEs) They Rotate in a lot of ends and they are key to there defense.
Any given Sunday.
If 49ers can win this game will this end the doubts about if they can make the playoff still??
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
weather update

lets hope it rains, they we can give them some gore all game long
weather update

49ers seem to play well on slow surfaces, 6-4 on grass. One of Alex Smith's best games before this season was a bad weather game in Seattle. I don't think the weather will have a negative effect on most of the 49ers.

I hope, that these Niners have learned something from the past 2 meetings.

Everybody knows that the Eagles LOVE to air it out early, and will be vultures on defense, especially in the first half. We have to play a conservative 1st half, imo. Don't give Philly any momentum, make them worried going into half time, and they will cave.

We can bully them with our defense.
weather update

I hope it snows maybe it will keep there passing game under wraps, our D would be licking their chops because philly has no run game.
Hey Philly and surrounding regions -

Weaa gonna knock ya block off. Weaa gonna trashes youz. Weaa gonna trow youz in da ovenz an den eat youz up like a grinder. Ya'mean?

Translated for the rest of the (Literate) world: We (The 49ers) are going to win this football game. Do you all know what I mean?

I hope that this was not too difficult for all you Philly fans to understand. I hope you all get well soon. Ya'mean?

[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Dec 16, 2009 at 18:00:50 ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I hope, that these Niners have learned something from the past 2 meetings.

Everybody knows that the Eagles LOVE to air it out early, and will be vultures on defense, especially in the first half. We have to play a conservative 1st half, imo. Don't give Philly any momentum, make them worried going into half time, and they will cave.

We can bully them with our defense.

Agreed, Philly likes to jump out early on teams, the 49ers need to survive that first punch.

This is another opportunity for the 49ers as a young team to get more big game experience. They have gotten more big game experience this year than they have in the last 7
Pack your bags, kiddos. You'll be moving soon.
Share 49ersWebzone