LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by servegmo:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Looks like I am late to the party. Hope all has gone well in the webzone since the last time I was here.

Looking forward to sunday. I am pretty sure that the vikings will mop the floor with the cards so the outcome of this game could be very interesting. If we get this one then it puts us in a tie for second place and keeps the hawks hopes alive. Then the cards would go on to play you in your home which is no easy task. If you win then in all likelyhood you would be playing the cards for a first place tie in the division. Which if I am not mistaken you would own the tiebreaker in. Pretty sure the 49ers already beat zona in zona. So this should be a game that both teams are pumped up for. There is a lot riding on it. I think its going to be a physical, fun game to watch. Probably pretty close on the scoreboard too. Should be awesome!

hey hawkfan nice to have you back here in the zone.... its gonna be a very difficult game... we change our offense philosophy more of a spreed look and with the 12 man in quest field its gonna test us intensively... it going to be close and for us a must win like we haven't have in 6 years... huge huge game for us, especially if Arizona loses....

great to have u back...

go nieners

Thanks, glad to be back! I have been casually watching the changes to the 49ers. I am really curious to see crabtree. Our defense gives him potential to have a big game. When we get pressure on the QB our secondary can hold their own very well. But when our pass rush disappears, which it has done a lot this year, then our secondary gets lit up. We don't have the size and haven't had the health in our defensive backfield. Plus the refs have been calling PI penalities left and right on trufant since he came back. Most are pretty questionable calls too. So he has been struggling. I think he leads the league in PI calls and he missed the first six games. I don't know whats going on there but its really frustrating. I am also curious to see Alex smith back under center. He seems to be making the most of his opportunity this time around.
I wonder if Matt Hasslebeck is thinking about his last meeting with the 49ers or Patrick Willis to be more specific?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by cNiner:
anyone knows how good/bad Seattle pass D? cuz i know no matter what Gore loves to Gore them all the time !

Seahawks have:
20th ranked overall defense
25th ranked pass defense
18th ranked run defense

-9fA

with crabtree now in the mix i expect alex to shred that secondary, IF given time which always worries me
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Somebody better tell Matt Hasselbeck that Patrick Willis is coming.

Seahawks team meeting

Coach Mora: Alright Matt we are playing Patrick Willis and the 49ers this week

Hasselb***h
So what's up with Aaron Curry?

Is it the rookie blues? I expected him to have more of an impact.

One time he's being compared to Patrick Willis and now he's been called out by Steven Jackson for being a dirty player.

-9fA

He is having trouble adjusting to coverages in the nfl game. I have heard him being compared to a hitter in baseball on the radio here. The comparison is with a guy that can hit a fast ball and knock it out of the park all day long. But if you throw him an offspeed pitch he just can't connect. He is really good at see the ball, hit the ball. He is explosive and violent in those situations. But if he has to drop back in coverage, especially a zone and rely on thinking as opposed to instincts then he struggles. Apparently his learning curve is bigger than was anticipated. So they have basically taken him off the field in a lot of third down situations. Especially third and long. Brett farve made him look like a fool in the vikings game on a bootleg. He pumped and curry left his spot in the zone instantly to go get hit farve. It was kinda like when you wave a stick in front of a dog to get his attention when your playing fetch. Then he just lobbed the ball over curry to chester taylor I believe for a big gain. He is still in there on first and second down though and he is playing more special teams. Hopefully something clicks sometime before the year is over or in the offseason. If it doesn't then we may be looking at a guy that just can't understand certain aspects of his job and thus would be a semi bust with a big price tag attached to him.

I don't think he is a bust ... you guys have to give him time.. I remember Julian Peterson when we draft him in the first round, the first three year he was injured and when he played he wasn't a playmaker he didn't look the part always misplaced, then in the forth year he became an all pro... look a mario williams it took him two year to get really comfotable with what he was doing, P Willies is an exception to the norm, most rookies take time to develop and understand their positions... what I have seen of him make me believe he is going to be a really good solid player, a superstar I don't know only time will tell, but not all players have to be superstars to contribute in a team...
when the Niners come off a Loss, I don't get excited for the next game until maybe Thursday. But with a Win, I get excited on Monday!

I can't wait to crush the seahawks!

I wonder who want's more revenge: Both starting QBs were injured facing each other
I think people are taking notice of Justin Forsett. He has looked better but I was watching NFL real time Hawks and Rams and he put the ball on the ground. You better wrap that puppy up Justin because you can be assured our Defense has taken notice.
Originally posted by servegmo:
So what's up with Aaron Curry?

Is it the rookie blues? I expected him to have more of an impact.

One time he's being compared to Patrick Willis and now he's been called out by Steven Jackson for being a dirty player.

-9fA

He is having trouble adjusting to coverages in the nfl game. I have heard him being compared to a hitter in baseball on the radio here. The comparison is with a guy that can hit a fast ball and knock it out of the park all day long. But if you throw him an offspeed pitch he just can't connect. He is really good at see the ball, hit the ball. He is explosive and violent in those situations. But if he has to drop back in coverage, especially a zone and rely on thinking as opposed to instincts then he struggles. Apparently his learning curve is bigger than was anticipated. So they have basically taken him off the field in a lot of third down situations. Especially third and long. Brett farve made him look like a fool in the vikings game on a bootleg. He pumped and curry left his spot in the zone instantly to go get hit farve. It was kinda like when you wave a stick in front of a dog to get his attention when your playing fetch. Then he just lobbed the ball over curry to chester taylor I believe for a big gain. He is still in there on first and second down though and he is playing more special teams. Hopefully something clicks sometime before the year is over or in the offseason. If it doesn't then we may be looking at a guy that just can't understand certain aspects of his job and thus would be a semi bust with a big price tag attached to him.

I don't think he is a bust ... you guys have to give him time.. I remember Julian Peterson when we draft him in the first round, the first three year he was injured and when he played he wasn't a playmaker he didn't look the part always misplaced, then in the forth year he became an all pro... look a mario williams it took him two year to get really comfotable with what he was doing, P Willies is an exception to the norm, most rookies take time to develop and understand their positions... what I have seen of him make me believe he is going to be a really good solid player, a superstar I don't know only time will tell, but not all players have to be superstars to contribute in a team...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a bust. But I can see where things could swing that way if that light switch never gets turned on. I remembered Peterson taking time to develope but I didn't realize it took him four years to get it. Rookie contract is almost over at that point. I just hope curry can get his act together sooner rather than later.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career. Yea we had faith and confidence before, but he never looked this good or confident. Now it's like we know what he can do, so he just has to do it. Before we were on that "potential" and "upside" pipe dream.

I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter). You may think i'm rash because of how good he played last week, but he set himself up for this. Win and he's our QB no doubt. Win against AZ then no more searching. Lose this game and beat AZ next week then we will all shun him and never trust him because of his inconsistency.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career. Yea we had faith and confidence before, but he never looked this good or confident. Now it's like we know what he can do, so he just has to do it. Before we were on that "potential" and "upside" pipe dream.

I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter). You may think i'm rash because of how good he played last week, but he set himself up for this. Win and he's our QB no doubt. Win against AZ then no more searching. Lose this game and beat AZ next week then we will all shun him and never trust him because of his inconsistency.

i like how you blame Alex already and the game hasnt even been played yet

what if the niners lose because of a fumble by frank gore or a special teams f**k up, assuming that if the niners lose its already Alex Smiths fault is just plain stupid

what if the niners lose because of a fumble by frank gore or a special teams f**k up, assuming that if the niners lose its already Alex Smiths fault is just plain stupid

thank you, could not said it better...
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Wow did you read what I said?

I said IF HE fumbles and throws interceptions, not because of the receiver running a bad route but because he made a bad read.

Obviously if Gore fumbles then the game is not on him. If he has one of those meltdown games like Tennessee, maybe I should have said I won't trust him anymore.

At what point was I already blaming him for the loss? It was a bunch of speculation. I think most fans will have this feeling IF IF IF it happens. I am the biggest AS supporter, just check my resume (if you can). I want nothing but the best for him. I hope he lights it up on Sunday.

But what if he throws 3 or 4 interceptions and consensus shows the loss was on him? How will YOU feel?
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Dec 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM ]

Wow did you read what I said?

I said IF HE fumbles and throws interceptions, not because of the receiver running a bad route but because he made a bad read.

Obviously if Gore fumbles then the game is not on him. If he has one of those meltdown games like Tennessee, maybe I should have said I won't trust him anymore.

At what point was I already blaming him for the loss? It was a bunch of speculation. I think most fans will have this feeling IF IF IF it happens. I am the biggest AS supporter, just check my resume (if you can). I want nothing but the best for him. I hope he lights it up on Sunday.

But what if he throws 3 or 4 interceptions and consensus shows the loss was on him? How will YOU feel?

Did you read what you said? Your First paragraph
If we lose to Seattle, I think it would be the biggest letdown/disappointment in Alex Smith's career

you then say
I hate to say it, if Alex Smith loses this game, especially because of interceptions and fumbles, I think his career is over (at least as a starter).

to me this implies that if Alex loses the game you dont have faith in him and if its cuz of turnovers then his career is over
[ Edited by valrod33 on Dec 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM ]
Niners will have to play well to beat the seachickens at their home, I believe the niners are up to the task and will finally get back .500 on the season! Go NINERS!!
Let me throw in my analysis of what could happen in this game.

Mora Jr. has always been an attacking defensive coach that implemented blitzes and bump and run. So far, our receivers and our passing game has had trouble with bump and run. In the GB game, they played a lot of bump and run in the first half which gave us major issues. In the second half, they still blitzed but didn't bump our receivers as often.

It will be up to the receivers to be able to handle this. With the Shotgun, there isn't much time for the DL to get to Alex before he throws the ball similar to how Peyton Manning always gets the ball out early. Therefore, the key is to disrupt the timing and by bumping the WRs and exposing the weak offensive line for what it is. Believe me, Manning hides an OL that is not very strong.

Now, SEA doesn't want anything to do with Gore so our new style may help SEA more than hurt. However, if we begin to pop 5 per run for Gore, then they will need to stack the box again and if we can toss a few fades and complete them, then SEA will be on its heals.
Share 49ersWebzone