LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
I shouldnt of thrown away my Alex Smith jersey!!! Oh well, it gives me an excuse to buy a new one.

i was thinking about it , but luckly did not !
Seahawks plan to blitz more to close the season

Quote:
Coach Jim Mora said his defense played more man-to-man coverage against St. Louis last week and blitzed more, which resulted in four sacks against Rams quarterback Kyle Boller.

And Mora plans to keep the pressure up in Sunday’s game against San Francisco.

“Going into last week, we just felt like we needed to – regardless of who we were playing – play more tight man-to-man coverage,” Mora said. “We felt like we needed to bring Aaron Curry a little bit more in a rushing-type of role. We needed to bring Leroy (Hill) a little bit more in a rushing-type of a role.

“Specifically to Aaron Curry, because we’ve talked a lot about him lately being a rookie and where he is at this point in the season, and how he’s feeling. Sometimes, if you bring him, if you rush him, if you put him on a straight-line course, that is another thing that helps him play well and play fast and play with certainty. So we just felt like doing that would help us as a defense, and that involved playing more man-to-man so we could bring those guys.”
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k the seahawks
Originally posted by pelos21:
I shouldnt of thrown away my Alex Smith jersey!!! Oh well, it gives me an excuse to buy a new one.

my brother just bought me an Alex Smith jersey for my Birthday
This game has a lot of meaning for several reasons. The most important is a win would keep us in the hunt for a plyoff spot, especially if Zona looses. The game would also help to cement our dominence over our division. And last for Alex this game not only is a chance that he can produce for more than one game, it is also a chance for pay back because the last time he faced the Seachickens he was hurt and missed almost two years. So the motivating factors to win this game certainly are in the niners favor, they just need to go out and act on it. PEACE FROM THE FAN
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Quote:
Coach Jim Mora said his defense played more man-to-man coverage against St. Louis last week and blitzed more, which resulted in four sacks against Rams quarterback Kyle Boller.

“Going into last week, we just felt like we needed to – regardless of who we were playing – play more tight man-to-man coverage,” Mora said. “We felt like we needed to bring Aaron Curry a little bit more in a rushing-type of role. We needed to bring Leroy (Hill) a little bit more in a rushing-type of a role.

“Specifically to Aaron Curry, because we’ve talked a lot about him lately being a rookie and where he is at this point in the season, and how he’s feeling. Sometimes, if you bring him, if you rush him, if you put him on a straight-line course, that is another thing that helps him play well and play fast and play with certainty. So we just felt like doing that would help us as a defense, and that involved playing more man-to-man so we could bring those guys.”

Excellent!

Let's see what Raye and Co. can do to exploit it! I am sure the film will tell especially now that we can extend them from the middle so Alex can see it coming and use, oh I don't know, "hot reads".

Our next opponents will start to attack the spread...go ahead, we dare you!

It is time to put up or shut up! Right here, right now!!! One game at a time!

Seachickens up next...let them Blitz! We hope they do!

Originally posted by cNiner:
anyone knows how good/bad Seattle pass D? cuz i know no matter what Gore loves to Gore them all the time !

Seahawks have:
20th ranked overall defense
25th ranked pass defense
18th ranked run defense

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by cNiner:
anyone knows how good/bad Seattle pass D? cuz i know no matter what Gore loves to Gore them all the time !

Seahawks have:
20th ranked overall defense
25th ranked pass defense
18th ranked run defense

-9fA

Seachickens pass rush is much better than Jax. I hope the oline holds up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Quote:

Screen pass all day....and once again Gore will destroy them.

Looks like I am late to the party. Hope all has gone well in the webzone since the last time I was here.

Looking forward to sunday. I am pretty sure that the vikings will mop the floor with the cards so the outcome of this game could be very interesting. If we get this one then it puts us in a tie for second place and keeps the hawks hopes alive. Then the cards would go on to play you in your home which is no easy task. If you win then in all likelyhood you would be playing the cards for a first place tie in the division. Which if I am not mistaken you would own the tiebreaker in. Pretty sure the 49ers already beat zona in zona. So this should be a game that both teams are pumped up for. There is a lot riding on it. I think its going to be a physical, fun game to watch. Probably pretty close on the scoreboard too. Should be awesome!
So what's up with Aaron Curry?

Is it the rookie blues? I expected him to have more of an impact.

One time he's being compared to Patrick Willis and now he's been called out by Steven Jackson for being a dirty player.

-9fA
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Looks like I am late to the party. Hope all has gone well in the webzone since the last time I was here.

Looking forward to sunday. I am pretty sure that the vikings will mop the floor with the cards so the outcome of this game could be very interesting. If we get this one then it puts us in a tie for second place and keeps the hawks hopes alive. Then the cards would go on to play you in your home which is no easy task. If you win then in all likelyhood you would be playing the cards for a first place tie in the division. Which if I am not mistaken you would own the tiebreaker in. Pretty sure the 49ers already beat zona in zona. So this should be a game that both teams are pumped up for. There is a lot riding on it. I think its going to be a physical, fun game to watch. Probably pretty close on the scoreboard too. Should be awesome!

I agree its a big game and that the score will be very close.

good luck
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

hey hawkfan nice to have you back here in the zone.... its gonna be a very difficult game... we change our offense philosophy more of a spreed look and with the 12 man in quest field its gonna test us intensively... it going to be close and for us a must win like we haven't have in 6 years... huge huge game for us, especially if Arizona loses....

great to have u back...

go nieners
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
So what's up with Aaron Curry?

Is it the rookie blues? I expected him to have more of an impact.

One time he's being compared to Patrick Willis and now he's been called out by Steven Jackson for being a dirty player.

-9fA

He is having trouble adjusting to coverages in the nfl game. I have heard him being compared to a hitter in baseball on the radio here. The comparison is with a guy that can hit a fast ball and knock it out of the park all day long. But if you throw him an offspeed pitch he just can't connect. He is really good at see the ball, hit the ball. He is explosive and violent in those situations. But if he has to drop back in coverage, especially a zone and rely on thinking as opposed to instincts then he struggles. Apparently his learning curve is bigger than was anticipated. So they have basically taken him off the field in a lot of third down situations. Especially third and long. Brett farve made him look like a fool in the vikings game on a bootleg. He pumped and curry left his spot in the zone instantly to go get hit farve. It was kinda like when you wave a stick in front of a dog to get his attention when your playing fetch. Then he just lobbed the ball over curry to chester taylor I believe for a big gain. He is still in there on first and second down though and he is playing more special teams. Hopefully something clicks sometime before the year is over or in the offseason. If it doesn't then we may be looking at a guy that just can't understand certain aspects of his job and thus would be a semi bust with a big price tag attached to him.
Share 49ersWebzone