There are 132 users in the forums

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Originally posted by global_nomad:
"I think they're totally different players," Raye said. "Micheal is a sudden, quick, initial quickness type of guy. Arnaz Battle is a bigger, stronger, more physical receiver, probably in the line of his true qualities are as a receiver from the transformation that he's made from college to being a receiver. He's played it longer. I see them differently. They have some similar traits, but they are very dissimilar in their physical abilities.
-Spurlock is a very intriguing player. The coaching staff seems to be very high on him. He's put himself in the conversation for a roster spot. Spurlock seems to be having a better camp than Jason Hill. We'll see how these things shake out during the exhibition season,
--Spurlock attempted one pass out of the "Taser" formation, and he completed it to Isaac Bruce."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/day-16-practice-21-taser-is-unveiled.html

Sounds like we have a Michael Vick in Spurlock, he was a college QB too who started one year after Eli Manning turned pro.

Spurlock also brings return skills to the team. In 2007, he became the first player to return a kickoff for a touchdown in Buccaneers history.
I voted arnaz because hes actually practicing right now but mrob is probably the best choice and i always wanted to see if he can still throw the ball. spurlock is interesting too though because he can be a jack of all trades type of guy. he can return, he can play wr, he can run, he can be a wild cat qb too. i dunno honestly.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Say F#&k NO 2 vick!
so i was watching Chronicle Live today and it was talking about how Jimmy raye came up with a the "taser" offense..
can someone explain to me what this is?
i heard something about how theyre gonna use MRob as quarterback because he played qb in college..
sorry if this was already posted
taser = wildcat
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128055
If you want Battle to get hurt even faster, just put him behind center.

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw just as much as Battle does.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 12, 2009 at 23:48:09 ]
we need more tazer threads

along with crabtree ones
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Say F#&k NO 2 vick!

say f**k no to another losing season.

If we're going to have a losing season, we'd have it with Vick too.

Stop watching the highlight reel and open your damn eyes.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw.

He also lacks the vision to find a hole and the speed to get around the corner. And if he were any good throwing the ball he probably wouldn't be a 3rd string RB playing special teams right now.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 12, 2009 at 22:44:02 ]

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw.

He also lacks the vision to find a hole and the speed to get around the corner. And if he were any good throwing the ball he probably wouldn't be a 3rd string RB playing special teams right now.

I thought we were discussing special packages in which a player comes in situationally for a different role occasionally?

Your post would make it seem like you feel someone's advocating him being a full-time quarterback or running back. If we're talking about a utility or gadget player, speaking in honest, I have to argue that Robinson makes the most sense for the package.

He's a player that has the ability to throw, who plays running back, and is less injury prone than Battle. No one said he has amazing vision, that's for sure. But being a RB, he'd be better suited than Battle would be.

This is the argument. A simple one. For the package -- Robinson > Battle.
I still think that in my opinion Arnaz Battle should be cut or traded if the 49ers can get value for him.
Michael Crabtree is who I wan to run it
I would rather Have VICK run it if we ever ran that type of offense, and you a fool to say no. Vick would be much better suited for that type of offense than anyone on this team. Hell Vick would be better than our current #3 & 4 QB's!!!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope we are good enough to not have to run that bulls**t.

This x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Share 49ersWebzone