There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Originally posted by global_nomad:
"I think they're totally different players," Raye said. "Micheal is a sudden, quick, initial quickness type of guy. Arnaz Battle is a bigger, stronger, more physical receiver, probably in the line of his true qualities are as a receiver from the transformation that he's made from college to being a receiver. He's played it longer. I see them differently. They have some similar traits, but they are very dissimilar in their physical abilities.
-Spurlock is a very intriguing player. The coaching staff seems to be very high on him. He's put himself in the conversation for a roster spot. Spurlock seems to be having a better camp than Jason Hill. We'll see how these things shake out during the exhibition season,
--Spurlock attempted one pass out of the "Taser" formation, and he completed it to Isaac Bruce."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/day-16-practice-21-taser-is-unveiled.html

Sounds like we have a Michael Vick in Spurlock, he was a college QB too who started one year after Eli Manning turned pro.

Spurlock also brings return skills to the team. In 2007, he became the first player to return a kickoff for a touchdown in Buccaneers history.
I voted arnaz because hes actually practicing right now but mrob is probably the best choice and i always wanted to see if he can still throw the ball. spurlock is interesting too though because he can be a jack of all trades type of guy. he can return, he can play wr, he can run, he can be a wild cat qb too. i dunno honestly.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Say F#&k NO 2 vick!
so i was watching Chronicle Live today and it was talking about how Jimmy raye came up with a the "taser" offense..
can someone explain to me what this is?
i heard something about how theyre gonna use MRob as quarterback because he played qb in college..
sorry if this was already posted
taser = wildcat
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128055
If you want Battle to get hurt even faster, just put him behind center.

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw just as much as Battle does.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 12, 2009 at 23:48:09 ]
we need more tazer threads

along with crabtree ones
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Say F#&k NO 2 vick!

say f**k no to another losing season.

If we're going to have a losing season, we'd have it with Vick too.

Stop watching the highlight reel and open your damn eyes.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw.

He also lacks the vision to find a hole and the speed to get around the corner. And if he were any good throwing the ball he probably wouldn't be a 3rd string RB playing special teams right now.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 12, 2009 at 22:44:02 ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw.

He also lacks the vision to find a hole and the speed to get around the corner. And if he were any good throwing the ball he probably wouldn't be a 3rd string RB playing special teams right now.

I thought we were discussing special packages in which a player comes in situationally for a different role occasionally?

Your post would make it seem like you feel someone's advocating him being a full-time quarterback or running back. If we're talking about a utility or gadget player, speaking in honest, I have to argue that Robinson makes the most sense for the package.

He's a player that has the ability to throw, who plays running back, and is less injury prone than Battle. No one said he has amazing vision, that's for sure. But being a RB, he'd be better suited than Battle would be.

This is the argument. A simple one. For the package -- Robinson > Battle.
I still think that in my opinion Arnaz Battle should be cut or traded if the 49ers can get value for him.
Michael Crabtree is who I wan to run it
I would rather Have VICK run it if we ever ran that type of offense, and you a fool to say no. Vick would be much better suited for that type of offense than anyone on this team. Hell Vick would be better than our current #3 & 4 QB's!!!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope we are good enough to not have to run that bulls**t.

This x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000