LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want to run the "Tazer?" (Our Wildcat)

Originally posted by wailers15:
I would rather Have VICK run it if we ever ran that type of offense, and you a fool to say no. Vick would be much better suited for that type of offense than anyone on this team. Hell Vick would be better than our current #3 & 4 QB's!!!

Yes, at running a play out of a gimmick offense. At being a quarterback? Not so much.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If you want Battle to get hurt even faster, just put him behind center.

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw just as much as Battle does.

Better than Battle does.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
could this be a sign that the niners will sign vick?

Not before they take a hammer and punch out his teeth, tie him up to be raped, soak him and then electrocute him and then throw him off the top of a building like he did to his dogs.

He hasn't paid his debt to society until all of that occurs. If he lives then he can be someone's water boy. Otherwise, McDonals is always hiring
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
could this be a sign that the niners will sign vick?

Not before they take a hammer and punch out his teeth, tie him up to be raped, soak him and then electrocute him and then throw him off the top of a building like he did to his dogs.

He hasn't paid his debt to society until all of that occurs. If he lives then he can be someone's water boy. Otherwise, McDonals is always hiring

I don't think he'd be very useful after all that.
I like what I am hearing about Spurlock so far. He still has to prove it on the field on game day, but he sounds like a potential keeper as the #5 WR with return ability.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope we are good enough to not have to run that bulls**t.

well said
I have yet to see Michael Robinson show us break away ability, let alone the quickness, that was mentioned by Jimmy Raye.
That would be cool if 10 years from now, we are seeing short clips of one of our QBs saying this:

"59 Taser!" "59 Taser!"

ala Joe Montana call out at the LOS.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
I have yet to see Michael Robinson show us break away ability, let alone the quickness, that was mentioned by Jimmy Raye.

I believe he was referring to Spurlock.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I would rather Have VICK run it if we ever ran that type of offense, and you a fool to say no. Vick would be much better suited for that type of offense than anyone on this team. Hell Vick would be better than our current #3 & 4 QB's!!!

Yes, at running a play out of a gimmick offense. At being a quarterback? Not so much.

people don't realize we have a Mike Vick prototype player in Michael Spurlok. Who is much cheaper and less of a distraction than Vick woudl be.

If we happen to showcase this offense (and only when the d-fence is on the their heels), i feel it should be Robinson; he would be a natural. Otherwise i could really care less how much this sneaks into the game plan. To me- this Tazer is nothing more than trickery to mix things up.

I'm looking forward to seeing us move the chains w/ the running game to establish a passing game and not getting into so many 3rd 'n longs.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
If you want Battle to get hurt even faster, just put him behind center.

Robinson has the toughness, the breakaway ability (tackle-breaking, that is), and the skill to throw.

He also lacks the vision to find a hole and the speed to get around the corner. And if he were any good throwing the ball he probably wouldn't be a 3rd string RB playing special teams right now.

I thought we were discussing special packages in which a player comes in situationally for a different role occasionally?

Your post would make it seem like you feel someone's advocating him being a full-time quarterback or running back. If we're talking about a utility or gadget player, speaking in honest, I have to argue that Robinson makes the most sense for the package.

He's a player that has the ability to throw, who plays running back, and is less injury prone than Battle. No one said he has amazing vision, that's for sure. But being a RB, he'd be better suited than Battle would be.

This is the argument. A simple one. For the package -- Robinson > Battle.

What I'm getting at is Robinson will not be successful in the wildcat formation. Everyone just assumes he would be a threat because he used to be a QB and is currently a runningback, but he lacks the skills needed to execute that offense. Period. We saw him take the snap from the wildcat last year, what did he do? He ran up the gut, never found a hole and gained about 2 yards every time. If they give him the option to throw, he would need to be a ground threat for the secondary to leave coverage and come up in run support in order for him to get a receiver open enough to take the risk of throwing. He is not a threat, they will not leave coverage, he will have to run and he will gain 2-3 yards max.

If Gore can throw the football at all (and last year I read he has a pretty good arm), he would be a MUCH better option than anyone listed because he is actually a threat.

I think a lot of people who think Robinson would be successful in the wildcat formation don't know how and WHY that package is effective (when it's actually effective like it was for Miami).
[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM ]

I would agree and I don't even want Vick. He is much better suited to run that type of offense than anyone we have. Luckily this gimmick offense will probably disappear after this season since defenses have had a full offseason to prepare for that package.

And Vick as a QB = garbage.
For one or two plays per game . . . if that . . . no clear preference . . . Robinson I guess.
This guy!

Share 49ersWebzone