There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith needs to really DOMINATE the Titans game. I wanna see Smith put up big numbers and destroy them early. Frankly, I think this is Smith's "coming out" game. The Colts was a freebie and most people expected a WORSE game than what we put up.

Smith has no excuse this game. 32nd ranked pass defense, etc etc. He needs to stamp his name all over the Titans. Even if he doesnt blow it up, I wanna see, 60% or better, 200 yards or more and 1 TD. NO INTS.

I agree with this fair expectation.

But I want to add, that I also expect the defense to score in this game, I don't know who will step up, but I can already see Vince Young getting totally owned by the defense.

Agreed. I hope Raye opens up the playbook EARLY. Why cant we be up 21-0 at the half???? We can. We have the guys to do it finally. Its like we DONT want to win.

Our coaches, as "smash mouth, punch them in the face" as they are...seem to lack a killer instinct. Just go out there and madden their a$$es up.

Everyone is all on about Raye and why cant he open it up and making sure Smith has a statistical big game. Noone mentions that our two starting Ts are out for 6 weeks or longer. the fact that taking away the three 60+ yard runs, we avg 2.7 yards per carry, the fact that our QBs have been dropped 22 times through 7 games. You guys are dreaming if you think well be opening it up like that. Coach sees that and he alluded as much in his presser.

If you guys are hoping to see a much more open passing attack you guys are going to be sorely sorely dissapointed...unless Snyder and Sims turn into pretty good tackles, Rachal finally wakes up and Baas can get his head out his ass. I dont have that confidence...do you?

I actually thought the O-line did a decent job pass blocking against the Colts. (decent for us anyway)

I was surprised we didn't see more hurry-up in the 2nd half. Worked pretty good in the 2 min drill before halftime.
And your reason for not having a more wide open passing game is legit. But having a sub-par O-line hurts the running game too, yet Raye hasn't stopped running up the gut for little to no gain. Most of us just want to try something different.

Running up the gut for little to no gain isnt nearly as costly as letting Rocky Bernard rip through and land on ur QBs shoulder. Thats my whole point. I dont think that Raye doesnt call the spread offense just because him and Coach dont like it. I think its because they have little to no confidence in our Oline to protect our guy back there.

People keep pointing to Rodgers and Big Ben but those guys have 4000 yard seasons under their belt. their confidence levels are high their rapport with their recievers is there. With Smith throw him in the spread. our rookie reciever messes up, our makeshift Oline misses blocks and next thing you know.."ALEX SMITH IS BUST #1!^@ AARGGGHH".

I am hoping Vernon Davis has another multiple TD day. He is capable. I am also hoping crabtree gets his first.

• NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fister30:
I am hoping Vernon Davis has another multiple TD day. He is capable. I am also hoping crabtree gets his first.

I hope Crabtree gets one on a bomb from Smith.
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:

I hope all of this happens -- in one of my fantasy leagues I have all three of these players starting (it's a for fun league lol)
  • B650
  • Veteran
Must-win game.
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:

Raye does not have a play for that...
f**k the titans
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k the titans

Newbie hates you
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by verb1der:
This game will be the start of the Niners win streak to the playoffs!

Book it.

that's what I'm thinking.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

Very possible if we use our passing game wisely. Also we have to push people of the line of scrimage
you guys can call it lame "moral victory" type thinking, but between the way we played in the Metrodome, and in Indy, against teams with a combined record of 14-1, we played right there with them. could have won both games.

this leads me to have confidence against anybody. i thought we would get picked apart in Indy, but we had the best defensive day against Manning anyone has had all season.

a loss is a loss, but unlike the falcons game, where we came in sleepwalking, our other losses have all been encouraging, although very heart breaking. i dont fear a single team on our upcoming schedule, and its because of the way we played 2 of the best teams in the NFL, on the road.

this team has made such leaps and bounds in the last year and a half, i cannot beleive how many people are so near-sighted about our losses, calling for Sing's job? really? were competing for the first time in years and years, and you want Sing gone? come on.
Originally posted by Niners99:
you guys can call it lame "moral victory" type thinking, but between the way we played in the Metrodome, and in Indy, against teams with a combined record of 14-1, we played right there with them. could have won both games.

this leads me to have confidence against anybody. i thought we would get picked apart in Indy, but we had the best defensive day against Manning anyone has had all season.

a loss is a loss, but unlike the falcons game, where we came in sleepwalking, our other losses have all been encouraging, although very heart breaking. i dont fear a single team on our upcoming schedule, and its because of the way we played 2 of the best teams in the NFL, on the road.

this team has made such leaps and bounds in the last year and a half, i cannot beleive how many people are so near-sighted about our losses, calling for Sing's job? really? were competing for the first time in years and years, and you want Sing gone? come on.

I hear you, we need to put these tough hard fought losses behind us and get down to finding ways to win. And we have to start here and now against the Titans. We need a winning streak in a big way to take this "up for grabs" NFC west. Our defense can hold their own, and we must answer them with the most successful style of offense we can play. Singletary's biggest flaw so far this season is trusting these players on offense. Let them them play their game, and let our fate ride on their talent. Dont try to make them what their not. I see more success with finesse than smashmouth, with the guys we drafted, and we have to take what we have. We cant sit on 5 point leads in the second quarter either, we have to keep going, and punch them in the mouth with a big score...if we want winners. Go niners!

[ Edited by TheCatch on Nov 3, 2009 at 05:26:44 ]
we need to go deep at least once a half. I don't think we did at all against the colts. I'm talking, fly pattern, shoot the ball 50 yards in the air deep. IF it's a jump ball, advantage Crabtree. Do it!
Why is this thread so far down. No new posts? Come on now. There are a lot more stupid threads being started up this week than I've seen in a while.

Bring back Nolan
Fire Singletary
Fire McCloughan
Alex this Alex that

Concentrate on the next game. Tired of all this if you were the coach, if Nolan was here crap. My thoughts on this game coming up right after these messages.
Nothing is certain, but this game should end the three game losing streak.