There are 270 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm not saying the Colts aren't good, but the combined record of their opposition so far this year is 11-26. The first three games were the toughest. The last three were against tomato cans with a combined 2-17.

Manning has been sacked 2 times all season. Even more impressive is that he's only been touched 12 times all season. Seems like Hill was getting sacked 12 times a game.

No way we even make it competitive if this trend continues. We have to protect Alex and get to Peyton. The game will be won or lost in the trenches, no matter how well Crabtree and Davis do. We have to figure out a way to consistently pressure Manning. We have to mix it up too and confuse him. We give him too much time and obviously he'll pick you apart.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
It is all up to the O-Line: They have to play the best game of their young lives & protect the QB as well as open holes for Gore. The rest will take care of itself.

Im excited but also anxious. Alex Smith's first start in what 2+ years. I pray that he can build on his play in Houston & continue to grow. As well as the team. They seemed to have matured as well.
[ Edited by Nes49 on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm not saying the Colts aren't good, but the combined record of their opposition so far this year is 11-26. The first three games were the toughest. The last three were against tomato cans with a combined 2-17.

Manning has been sacked 2 times all season. Even more impressive is that he's only been touched 12 times all season. Seems like Hill was getting sacked 12 times a game.

No way we even make it competitive if this trend continues. We have to protect Alex and get to Peyton. The game will be won or lost in the trenches, no matter how well Crabtree and Davis do. We have to figure out a way to consistently pressure Manning. We have to mix it up too and confuse him. We give him too much time and obviously he'll pick you apart.

Peyton plays Jedi Mind Tricks on opposing defenses at the line of scrimmage. He yells so much different crap we have to stay focused on the play called and his potential to call and audible and who he is targeting on defense.

Pure Field General.....
I don't think we will win, but I feel like we can.

I'm actually really f**king excited for Sunday... GO NINERS!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
I don't think we will win, but I feel like we can.

I'm actually really f**king excited for Sunday... GO NINERS!!!

Feels good to know that we might be able to put up some points and help our defense out. No more sitting around, waiting for the defense to score.
I remember the last time we SPANKED the Colts...

I think in order to have a real chance, we're going to need our defense to get some turnovers at least 2 and we need to capitalize on them.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think in order to have a real chance, we're going to need our defense to get some turnovers at least 2 and we need to capitalize on them.

Yeah, that Field Goal we're gonna kick better be for an extra point because of the TD we scored, not a stupid 3 pointer!!!!!

Originally posted by teeohh:

Unless our pass rush shows up or Manusky pulls a scheme that works out his bag we're totally boned.
We're really 14 point dogs in this game??? The Colts were favored by 13 against the rams. The right side of the Colts line is weak and we can exploit that. I've seen Manning make some very stupid decisions under pressure so it isn't like he's a pig skin Jesus. As for our offense we'll be fine if we run right at Mathis and Freeney. If we get the running game going it's going to neutralize that pass rush.

Two weeks ago everyone was crowning the Giants and arguing that they were the best in the NFL. What they didn't look at is the quality of teams they had played. I would point to that with the Colts. The Cards are starting to gel but when the Colts played them they were clearly at their worst. The Dolphins chewed them up but made way too many mistakes on defense that opened up big plays.

This could be such a huge statement game for the 49ers.

Alex will have 300 yards

BANK ON IT
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
We're really 14 point dogs in this game??? The Colts were favored by 13 against the rams. The right side of the Colts line is weak and we can exploit that. I've seen Manning make some very stupid decisions under pressure so it isn't like he's a pig skin Jesus. As for our offense we'll be fine if we run right at Mathis and Freeney. If we get the running game going it's going to neutralize that pass rush.

Two weeks ago everyone was crowning the Giants and arguing that they were the best in the NFL. What they didn't look at is the quality of teams they had played. I would point to that with the Colts. The Cards are starting to gel but when the Colts played them they were clearly at their worst. The Dolphins chewed them up but made way too many mistakes on defense that opened up big plays.

This could be such a huge statement game for the 49ers.

Yes it could. We need to get Gore going in this one.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Alex will have 300 yards

BANK ON IT

He probably will have to if we have any Hope of winning this game. He has to complete at least 60-65% of his passes and throw 4 TDs to keep up. Can Alex do it? I really really hope so. We really can't lose anymore with Arizona a game ahead.

What worries me more is Freeney! With our oline he's probably licking his chops right now.
All I can say is win or lose, I want us to look like we belong on that same field as the Colts. They already know what they are doing, they do it well every week. We have to find a way to change it up for every team we face. We might have a chance to actually win this game, if our coaching staff game plans a little more, to take advantage of what the Colts dont do well. Things that are certain, ball control to keep Peyton away, tight special teams play to win field position, and much better coverage that we showed againt the Cards in week 1, to buy a little time for our struggling pass rush. If Gore gets 100 yards, that means our passing game is already working. If Alex gets 300 yards, AND Gore gets 100 yards, that means we have an offense. If our defense feeds off the fact that their effort isnt being wasted, and makes plays, then we will be there at the end of the game with a chance. Go niners, see you next Sunday!
Share 49ersWebzone