There are 301 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you cannot EVER underestimate a team in this league. even players on the worst team in the league are still world class athletes with the potential to do great things.

if we go into this game thinking it's a win in the bag we're going to get our asses kicked plain and simple. now, i don't think that will happen, but it's ridiculous for US to be saying things like we're going to just roll over the rams without issue. we need to focus, not look ahead to atlanta
I had to watch the Rams Packers game this weekend, and the Rams definitely looked a lot better than I was lead to believe. The 9ers should win this game, but they can't overlook the Rams. And always keep in mind that division games are always tougher than team records would otherwise suggest.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
you cannot EVER underestimate a team in this league. even players on the worst team in the league are still world class athletes with the potential to do great things.

if we go into this game thinking it's a win in the bag we're going to get our asses kicked plain and simple. now, i don't think that will happen, but it's ridiculous for US to be saying things like we're going to just roll over the rams without issue. we need to focus, not look ahead to atlanta

I don't think anyone is overlooking the Rams. I think most here are not looking past the Rams, just intent on beating them by a large margin.

By all accounts this should be in the bag. The Rams are among the 3 weakest teams in the NFL, and most of their starters, which could not be starters on 30 other teams, are dropping like flies.

It is true that weak teams can be dangerous. But if the 49ers are not a fluke, then we should beat them by 3 or 4 touchdowns, and I bet our defense chimes in at least another touchdown. If Raye calls 60% run plays, then I don't know. But I would use this game to get the passing game in sync. It's pretty obvious that Raye did not trust the passing game late in the 4th quarter against the Vikings.

49ers-35
Rams-6

PS-I don't want Nedney to see the field except for extra points.
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Well I'm headed to Reno on vacation in about 30 minutes, Wifey is putting 20 down on the Niners to win the Division, and I am putting 20 down the Niners to win the Super Bowl Baby!

i live in Reno...my boss at work put $87.45 on the niners winning the NFC champonship...he bought it for me as a gift (nice guy). if the ticket hits...it pays exactly one thousand and 49 dollars
[ Edited by GORE-ILLA on Sep 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM ]
Oh how I love the Rams sucking. Remember them walking around talking all that "Max Q" BS? How they talked of having a dynasty. Give me a break.
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Well I'm headed to Reno on vacation in about 30 minutes, Wifey is putting 20 down on the Niners to win the Division, and I am putting 20 down the Niners to win the Super Bowl Baby!

i live in Reno...my boss at work put $87.45 on the niners winning the NFC champonship...he bought it for me as a gift (nice guy). if the ticket hits...it pays exactly one thousand and 49 dollars

I was at the Peppermill before the season started and dropped $200 on the over 7 win total.
I can't hate their enthusiasm and hope. It is no different than Niner Talk.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/win-vs-whiners-38024/

Some are realistic, but most of them seem to think they have an actual chance of beating us or keeping the game close...

kinda feel bad for them

ha ha. I am absolutely sure they must have had this same exact post about this forum the better part of the decade.

oh the irony.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/win-vs-whiners-38024/

Some are realistic, but most of them seem to think they have an actual chance of beating us or keeping the game close...

kinda feel bad for them

Lets not forget it took a furious rally, including 2 scores in the last 5 minutes, for the 49ers to beat the Rams in the 2nd Ram-49er game just last year. Granted, the 49ers are probably better than last year, the Rams might be a little worse than last year and its in SF but still, a slow start, 49ers kick FGs instead of scoring TDs, a couple of early turnovers giving the Rams an short fields and greater chances to score early, maybe a special teams breakdown along the way and a good day by Stephen Jackson...and, there you go...its a game either team can win...
The Rams have a player that is as good as any player on our team -- Steven Jackson. If healthy, this guy can single handedly take over a game.

Leonard Little on D can cause fits for us given our pass blocking deficiencies.

They have a lot of young high draft picks in their front seven on D, and some speed at wideout.

Where they really seem to be falling apart, and where we can really take advantage, is their offensive line. Both banged up and not very effective overall.

The way we've been playing we should win this game, but anything can happen!

We are just a few years removed from a 1 win season, so can't get cocky now...

ANY given Sunday
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Rams starting LB David Vobora got suspended today for testing positive for PEDs.

This might mean that former 49ers 7th rd pick, Larry Grant will get the start.

very interesting

here's a quote
Quote:
Teams know that if they shut down SJ, we won't win. Until someone else steps up and begins to play out of their mind, we'll be this. Because right now we're not playing as a team.

our run defense ranks 4th, I think we can handle SJ
f**k all this "the rams can beat us talk". we pimp smacked the seahawks who shut the rams out. dont get me wrong, im not looking past them. after the favre debacle i want to see us beat them by 40.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Rams starting LB David Vobora got suspended today for testing positive for PEDs.

This might mean that former 49ers 7th rd pick, Larry Grant will get the start.

I also heard an asteroid was heading toward the Ram's training facility. Must suck to be a Ram's fan this year.
if we lose to the rams all the credibility of us being for real is out the door and we will be laughing stocks after the skins. what a huge embarrassment this will be if we lose to a team with practically 1 man on offense capable of scoring and we cant move the ball on this joke of a d and i can care less if they got otogwe who i havent heard of at all this yr or any so called promising young player they have on that d's of theirs. we shouldnt overlook these guys but still losing to the damn rams the worst team in the nfl is not a f**king option
Share 49ersWebzone