There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

  • carl
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,754
49ers favored by 1.5
Originally posted by carl:
49ers favored by 1.5

i thought it would be a 3 point spread. well at least we are favored.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Well, looks like there was a reason that I had not heard that about us before. Glad to hear that from the 49ers fan base we are not at the bottom of the knowledge pool here. I really can't believe that a broncos fan thought orton was playing some type of matrix brand football. That story about the raiders fan was pretty funny too. Because I too feel that the amount of sucking a team does is directly related to the win column. The less wins you have, the more your team is sucking. Very funny stuff.


Hey good to see a hawks fan here. I saw a little of the beginning of your game on sunday and notice that the Rams have a better defense then last year, but you guys still put the beating on them. Good luck to you on sunday.


Dont get all prissy, show some class unlike the raider fans. or dare i say, Bills fans.

Not sure that was being prissy. Might just be all in good fun.

i was just messing with him, he obviously needs a hug
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Well, looks like there was a reason that I had not heard that about us before. Glad to hear that from the 49ers fan base we are not at the bottom of the knowledge pool here. I really can't believe that a broncos fan thought orton was playing some type of matrix brand football. That story about the raiders fan was pretty funny too. Because I too feel that the amount of sucking a team does is directly related to the win column. The less wins you have, the more your team is sucking. Very funny stuff.


Hey good to see a hawks fan here. I saw a little of the beginning of your game on sunday and notice that the Rams have a better defense then last year, but you guys still put the beating on them. Good luck to you on sunday.


Dont get all prissy, show some class unlike the raider fans. or dare i say, Bills fans.

Not sure that was being prissy. Might just be all in good fun.

i was just messing with him, he obviously needs a hug

well i mean the dude comes here and shows us respect by not talkin s**t, so i encourage with a lil respect. then you get all "why do you have to wish them good luck in beating us?" so if your intentions were to play around, you would have not came out with that comment.

Im just sayin show some respect to fans of other teams, no need to put them down even if we play them this sunday. The better team will prevail. we will just have to wait and see.
I didn't take that comment to mean he was wishing us luck in beating you guys this weekend. No fan would honestly do that. Not on purpose at least. I thought he was just being a good host. Nothing more, nothing less.
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Well, looks like there was a reason that I had not heard that about us before. Glad to hear that from the 49ers fan base we are not at the bottom of the knowledge pool here. I really can't believe that a broncos fan thought orton was playing some type of matrix brand football. That story about the raiders fan was pretty funny too. Because I too feel that the amount of sucking a team does is directly related to the win column. The less wins you have, the more your team is sucking. Very funny stuff.


Hey good to see a hawks fan here. I saw a little of the beginning of your game on sunday and notice that the Rams have a better defense then last year, but you guys still put the beating on them. Good luck to you on sunday.


Dont get all prissy, show some class unlike the raider fans. or dare i say, Bills fans.

Not sure that was being prissy. Might just be all in good fun.

i was just messing with him, he obviously needs a hug

well i mean the dude comes here and shows us respect by not talkin s**t, so i encourage with a lil respect. then you get all "why do you have to wish them good luck in beating us?" so if your intentions were to play around, you would have not came out with that comment.

Im just sayin show some respect to fans of other teams, no need to put them down even if we play them this sunday. The better team will prevail. we will just have to wait and see.

dude seriously i was messing around. Anyway you are obviously wound up a litlle to tight today so peace..













and dont be wishing other teams good luck anymore




Just found our hill's injury was worse than they were leading on. He tore the muscle and might need surgery. I guess he could be out until we play the cowboys. That could have some meaning for you guys past our game on sunday. It sucks for us. The backups are going to have to really step up and do it for an extended period of time.

Leroy Hill
  • anamvar
  • Info N/A
Seahawks lose starting LB Hill for at least six weeks
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Just found our hill's injury was worse than they were leading on. He tore the muscle and might need surgery. I guess he could be out until we play the cowboys. That could have some meaning for you guys past our game on sunday. It sucks for us. The backups are going to have to really step up and do it for an extended period of time.

Leroy Hill

Yeah, this is not a good one for you guys. Bummer. Hill's a good player. Losing him is a hit on your blitz packages, especially against the run.

If Mora was planning on copy catting Zona's game plan against our run, it just got a little harder to do it.

Move Curry inside! He may not be worth a s**t this week, but he'll be be alright after that I'm sure.
Losing Hill for the Hawks is a significant loss. No question. But we all know injuries are part of the game. Can't do nothing about it but have the next guy step up. San Francisco has to take advantage of this.
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by carl:
49ers favored by 1.5

i thought it would be a 3 point spread. well at least we are favored.

Usually home field is an automatic +3 points for the home team. Too many factors and too early in the season too expect more. Basically a pick em game. I would personally like to be the underdog.
Hill went out early last week. I am not sure when it happened but I noticed herring on the field in the first quarter. Then hawthorne was in the game in the third quarter for lofa. Mora said that he did not notice a dropoff in play from that position when the backups came in and I think the maintaining the shutout is proof of that. Backups playing in a game or two doesn't bother me because it happens at multiple positions every year. Its having to replace a guy long term that bothers me. Those guys are backups for a reason.
im predicting niners 28 hawks 17

defense will play better at home, not that they played bad on the road lol. niner D will have atleast 1 pick and 2 sacs on hasslebeck.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Hill went out early last week. I am not sure when it happened but I noticed herring on the field in the first quarter. Then hawthorne was in the game in the third quarter for lofa. Mora said that he did not notice a dropoff in play from that position when the backups came in and I think the maintaining the shutout is proof of that. Backups playing in a game or two doesn't bother me because it happens at multiple positions every year. Its having to replace a guy long term that bothers me. Those guys are backups for a reason.

Your backups beat the Rams?
They did. But it was a home opener and the place was electric. Playing on the road is a whole different deal. Thankfully lofa will be back, but herring is getting only his 2nd nfl start I believe. But on the flip side so is curry and I am more than comfortable with him playing the whole game.