Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by wailers15:
easy. pass catching machine? only way he makes the team is if we trade crabtree

yeah....the dude had 5 catches last year....

look how low the standards for a " pass catching machine" have become for the 49er fans.

I really hate to break the news to you... but Zeigler has some of the best pass catching hands on the team, period.

Ummm....and what proof do you base that off of? His 5 catches and 1 drop against the Bills last year?

Wow, expectations and standards have really been lowered for the fans.....

Where have you been since last season?

Zeigler was the BEST pass catcher on our pratice squad last season. towards the end of last season the 9ers rewarded him by bringing him up from the practice squad to the real games. In the games it was clear Why the 9ers brought him up as anyone with good eye vision could see the dude has a great pair of hands.

Now in traing camp this season Zeigler is continuing to show the same thing and.... even the defensive players are on record saying they are impressed with Zeiglers pass catching skills..... Come on, wake up!

Son I think that you should A) read more articles that our own beat writers are putting out there for the fans because if you did you would see that during both this camp and last season's too Zeigler has caught the ball very well and several writers have commented on his hands. Yeah you can point to Hill having more catches last season and I will point to the fact that Hill was on the active roster for way way more games. I could add that Zeiglers YPC were greater using those same 5 catches. I don't just take what someone did last season and use that in my arguement because it is wise to also look during camp and practices and pre-season games to see who has improved and who has not. So far this year Hill has been quiet and here is what one writer has said recently. And I believe it or not have been rooting for Hill because he is a local product and because of his size which might be something that may unfortunately hurt Zeigler's chances even though he has stayed reletively injury free thru two camps and as you have pointed out very limited time on the active roster.

Jason Hill. While Brandon Jones, Josh Morgan, Isaac Bruce, Arnaz Battle, Dominique Zeigler and even Micheal Spurlock have jumped out at times early in training camp, Hill has been lost in the shuffle. Perhaps he's still working his way back from the hamstring injuries that slowed him this spring. The bottom line is that with Jones out for perhaps two months, Hill will get an opportunity to prove to Jimmy Raye that he is deserving of a bigger role.

I mean this last advice in a very sincere way ------ you should read more and use less of the highlighted types of statements without first giving it some thought. When I suggest reading more I mean both the beat writers and what others on the Zone have put out there. There have been many good points shared with you by posters. I find if I try and keep an open mind on here in theis ZONE that I sometimes will a new and better approach or idea. Good luck.
  • FreaKWilly52
  • Info N/A
http://media.photobucket.com/image/anchorman/Athensblur/ron-burgandy-anchorman.jpg

YAY!

[ Edited by FreaKWilly52 on Aug 9, 2009 at 13:02:04 ]
But by all reports, Zeigler has had an impressive camp. He carries a little attitude with him, a pair of tattoos on the backs of his calves, a D and a Z, his initials. "So the DBs can watch it ... when you're going into the end zone," he said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/09/SP621963K3.DTL#ixzz0Nl9qj4Oe
Zeigler has shown some promise of becoming a solid reciever. I hope he makes the roster and gets some playing time which would definatly help his development. It'll be interesting to watch how he performs this preseason.

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Aug 10, 2009 at 01:22:26 ]
he's the next jerry rice
I like the "Z" as well. I actually like the Wideouts we have. I hate we lost B.Jones for a while. I'm definitely a Morgan fan. Hill too for that matter even though he's not getting a lot of talk. There is a good article from Gwen Knapp about "Putting pressure on Crabtree". Maybe if our current WR's play well this up coming preseason game, Crabtree and his PEOPLE will get there act together and agree to a deal, before he gets left far...far behind. I think Crabtree is good and will be a good player, but if he's not with us, then we have to move on. I like Coach Singletary's approach about this whole thing.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I like the "Z" as well. I actually like the Wideouts we have. I hate we lost B.Jones for a while. I'm definitely a Morgan fan. Hill too for that matter even though he's not getting a lot of talk. There is a good article from Gwen Knapp about "Putting pressure on Crabtree". Maybe if our current WR's play well this up coming preseason game, Crabtree and his PEOPLE will get there act together and agree to a deal, before he gets left far...far behind. I think Crabtree is good and will be a good player, but if he's not with us, then we have to move on. I like Coach Singletary's approach about this whole thing.

Very very strange with WR Hill. The dude has all the physical tools including speed. Don't understand why he is not standing out in camp? Maybe its his mentall frame of mind, how bad does he want it, or maybe his confidence?

Very very strange with WR Hill. The dude has all the physical tools including speed. Don't understand why he is not standing out in camp? Maybe its his mentall frame of mind, how bad does he want it, or maybe his confidence?

He had a hamstring issue during OTA's ------ just a guess.

so did JJ Stokes and R. Woods. Damn I wish Woods would have liked playing football more than fishing

so did JJ Stokes and R. Woods. Damn I wish Woods would have liked playing football more than fishing

Zeigler continues to impress

I spent practice Monday chatting with Gil Brandt, the longtime Cowboys executive who now works for NFL.com. He’s a master storyteller, but he had to interrupt himself several times to gush over two players: Frank Gore and Dominique Zeigler.

Gore kept blazing by in regular-season form. No surprise there.

But Zeigler really jumped out by making catch after catch. Brandt isn’t the only one to notice the receiver’s game. Today, Shaun Hill said: “Dominique is having a great camp. When we were running the scout team, he was a guy who was always making great plays. It’s nice to see some of that happening now.”
borderline retarded behavior
Originally posted by RonMexico:
borderline retarded behavior

What ??????

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Aug 12, 2009 at 03:14:15 ]
IMO i think he is a better receiver than both hill and battle.
Go Zeigler!
Share 49ersWebzone