I like WR Zeigler!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by wailers15:
easy. pass catching machine? only way he makes the team is if we trade crabtree

yeah....the dude had 5 catches last year....

look how low the standards for a " pass catching machine" have become for the 49er fans.

I really hate to break the news to you... but Zeigler has some of the best pass catching hands on the team, period.

Ummm....and what proof do you base that off of? His 5 catches and 1 drop against the Bills last year?

Wow, expectations and standards have really been lowered for the fans.....

Where have you been since last season?

Zeigler was the BEST pass catcher on our pratice squad last season. towards the end of last season the 9ers rewarded him by bringing him up from the practice squad to the real games. In the games it was clear Why the 9ers brought him up as anyone with good eye vision could see the dude has a great pair of hands.

Now in traing camp this season Zeigler is continuing to show the same thing and.... even the defensive players are on record saying they are impressed with Zeiglers pass catching skills..... Come on, wake up!

he caught 5 passes for God's sakes. 5. None of his catches look out of the ordinary. They were just regular catches. How can you say someone has the best hands on the team when all you can base your claim off of is 5 catches. Wow. And that too with a team that has Isaac Bruce...
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
I think Zeigler will be a better player than Hill if given the chance cuz Hill is temed , he does not go after balls , unlike Z man try to catch everything around him and go after it !

Look back on the buffalo game where Ziggy dropped a ball that would have been a first down in the red zone.

I like him also, he was in the PS for a while and worked his way up. But come on Hill is better than Ziggy.

Check out all the grabs Hill made! You tell me he doesn't go after the ball....look at his first catch in this vid...he went after the ball! Whatdoyaknow?

Hill is gonna be a sleeper this year.
Originally posted by backontop:
I don't see why Zeigler gets so much love. I am not a big fan of his and I am assuming that people like him because they can just call him Z

Yeah, that is the reason...because we get to call him Z

Well it can't be because of his steller perfomances in games last year. he had some drops to go with his steller what was it 5 receptions for the season. Yup must be his probowl like performances last year
I like him as our 5th WR, love him as our 6th WR, can live with him as our 4th WR but don't like him as our 3rd WR.
Originally posted by NickV:
I think Zeigler will be a better player than Hill if given the chance cuz Hill is temed , he does not go after balls , unlike Z man try to catch everything around him and go after it !

Look back on the buffalo game where Ziggy dropped a ball that would have been a first down in the red zone.

I like him also, he was in the PS for a while and worked his way up. But come on Hill is better than Ziggy.

Check out all the grabs Hill made! You tell me he doesn't go after the ball....look at his first catch in this vid...he went after the ball! Whatdoyaknow?

Exactly. Hill performed last year in 8 games. He had 30 catches in 8 games and IMO if he played the entire season with the PT he got under Sing, he woulda led the team in receptions.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by NINERMINER49:
Yeah I like him alot too, he just need to pack on 15-20 pounds of muscle cuz that dude is skinnyyy. He has a 14 year old Randy Moss type body

Yeah, he looks like a DB could break him in half if hit hard enough.

Dont judge a player by their looks, it is their mind, heart and skill that matter the most.

I hear ya. I always thought Jeff Garcia looked like a guy that couldn't take a hit, and that dude was tough as nails. But Zeig does look scrawny compared to other NFL WRs.

I agree with your observation on Garcia and I have thought the same about how thin and slight Zeigler is ------ but he hasn't missed any time behind being hit yet has he ??????
i like Zeigler too. he's got good hands, he's hella tall, he can jump, i think he has good speed. the only thing i dont like is that he's a toothpick. i think he's lookin at a roster spot right now with jones' injury but i dont know if he sticks after jones comes back because he looked really good
The guy cant handle the pounding, but the guy has the attitude you need to play WR. Interesting to see what happens now the Jones is down.
Originally posted by NickV:

Exactly. Hill performed last year in 8 games. He had 30 catches in 8 games and IMO if he played the entire season with the PT he got under Sing, he woulda led the team in receptions.

i know, i dont see why people think Hill is just a scrub, he played very well last year when sing and hill took over. before that nolan hardly used him. he and Morgan will be starters at some time this season. probably season opening starters now that Jones is messed up. Bruce will be a part time guy. morgan, hill and jones are the top 3 IMO.
i like zeigler, but Battle should make it over him, Battle may have a higher cap number, but we arent in cap trouble, so no need to be cheap.

Well in a week or so we will see more of Mr. Zeigler and see if DBs break him in half or can he run routes, get open, catch the ball consistently and get us some yards and TDs. If he can do that for us then I don't care what he looks like, get him on the field.
How many WR's are the 9ers planning on keeping this season?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i like zeigler, but Battle should make it over him, Battle may have a higher cap number, but we arent in cap trouble, so no need to be cheap.

Absolutely it's no time to be cheap and Battle also contributes on ST's.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 7, 2009 at 20:28:28 ]
All things considered, Zeigler is going to get his shot. Now let's hope he can turn his circus-like catches into more production than a former skinny wantabe-rapper with alligator arms that used to wear the 49ers uniform.

[ Edited by fzrdave on Aug 7, 2009 at 20:22:31 ]
I like Zeigler too, and all reports from this camp and last, incl preseason, have him catching virtually everything thrown his way, running good routes, incl not being afraid to go over the middle, even though he's a rail. He also supoosedly has good speed. Sometimes you can just tell someone's a player. I believe Ziggy is and if given the chnace, will show up. Better than Hill? Debateable, since he really hasn't had a chance to make a fair comparison yet. My only reservation is that he should have worked on adding some weight in the offseason. I realize for some, it's extremely hard to put on weight, but with today's trainers and nutritional advisors, he should have been able to add at least 10lbs to that skinny frame. And 15 or so would make him formidable with his height (6'3"?). JMO
Share 49ersWebzone