There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
if this game is blacked-out will i still be able to watch it online via....tvuplayer or channelsurfing.....? i would like to watch one more miserable 1st drive by our offense.

You should be able to, even with it blacked out, I am a faithful 49er fan living in Louisiana and I have watched the first 3. Just google 49ers chargers live stream and you should find something, just be careful what webites you go to with something like that.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
if this game is blacked-out will i still be able to watch it online via....tvuplayer or channelsurfing.....? i would like to watch one more miserable 1st drive by our offense.

You should be able to, even with it blacked out, I am a faithful 49er fan living in Louisiana and I have watched the first 3. Just google 49ers chargers live stream and you should find something, just be careful what webites you go to with something like that.

the 1st three games were not blacked out. they said that there are like 7000 plus tickets still not sold for the game friday and they were expecting a blackout.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go Niners, Go!
I would prefer not to see the starters
The Defense by its own admission, has been vanilla. I think this is a crock of fooey, the first team D needs to blitz, and try to generate some type of pass rush. The second team D also needs to figure out how to get to the qb. If you cannot do it in a pre season game, how can one expect it to happen in a real game??

I know the team has vowed to run more, why not try to pass 60% of the time in San Diego. Give Smith and Nate Davis a chance to see what the WR's on the bubble can do.

This game means something, the win or loss does not, but the team needs to find a pass rush, and find its back up WR's.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The Defense by its own admission, has been vanilla. I think this is a crock of fooey, the first team D needs to blitz, and try to generate some type of pass rush. The second team D also needs to figure out how to get to the qb. If you cannot do it in a pre season game, how can one expect it to happen in a real game??

I know the team has vowed to run more, why not try to pass 60% of the time in San Diego. Give Smith and Nate Davis a chance to see what the WR's on the bubble can do.

This game means something, the win or loss does not, but the team needs to find a pass rush, and find its back up WR's.

because we don't want to give out are secret weapons to our enemies oh noes! /sarcasm

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 3, 2009 at 12:17:15 ]
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Sometimes I want to pick up my monitor and shake it

you don't want to give Arizona game tape to study before you play them
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Yeah..that's it
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Yeah..that's it

thats exaclty it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

That and starters play very little if at all in the last preseason game, so you would be experimenting with players that aren't going to see the field much if at all during the regular season. The more a guy plays Friday the more likely he will not make the team.
While we're at it, let's give Gore at least 20 carries this game. His playing time has been pretty vanilla this pre-season... Hell let's not stop there, Willis should also play most of the game... What could possibly go wrong.

The time for practicing anything meaningful in the pre-season has past. This game is all about keeping the starters healthy, and letting the 3rd stringer fight for roster spots.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

Well, besides not wanting to give anything away, what good would game planning do when playing a team that won't be game planning? So SD would be "vanilla" and the 49ers would be game planning. That's not going to give you a good assessment of the players.

The roster is pretty much set except for a handful of spots and the practice squad. Odds are Singletary and the coaching staff pretty much knows who will make the team based as much if not more on the daily practices and games played to date. Yes, someone on the bubble could win or lose a spot in the SD game but the best way to determine that is to put them on an even playing field with the Chargers (i.e. staying vanilla) and see how they do.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan:
While we're at it, let's give Gore at least 20 carries this game. His playing time has been pretty vanilla this pre-season... Hell let's not stop there, Willis should also play most of the game... What could possibly go wrong.

The time for practicing anything meaningful in the pre-season has past. This game is all about keeping the starters healthy, and letting the 3rd stringer fight for roster spots.

Sarcasm and common sense all in one post I love it!

A+
I think Vanilla is the only flavor offered this year. They are renaming it
Vanilla 21.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Yeah..that's it

thats exaclty it.

It very well may be the case. It's still stupid. Preseason games is nothing more than practice versus other competition. The fact teams don't practice MOST of their plays during preseason just don't make much sense to me. I mean seriously, by being vanilla. You take away 4 "practices" from your team. Just so you can get an edge for the 1st game?

Cause after the 1st game everyone's going to have tape. All teams do is waste an opportunity to work on things. Then wonder why they struggle out of the gate.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home