There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

i dont care if its preseason i wanna win this gm. well at least the time our starters are playing theres. i also dont wanna see homo getting all day to throw
We better win. I have endzone seats and don't want to see pukes fans gloat even if it's just preseason.
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
So how many time is Andy Lee gonna hit the big screen.

ZERO because we're gonna score TD's on EVERY DRIVE!!!!!!

Current injuries for the Cowboys

Quote:
Stephen McGee
Cowboys rookie QB Stephen McGee (sprained right knee) said he might not be available for the team's final two preseason games.
McGee was hurt while throwing a touchdown pass on Saturday. His preseason is likely done.

Brandon Williams
Cowboys fourth-round LB Brandon Williams tore the ACL in his left knee in Friday night's game.
He'll be placed on injured reserve and will be lost for the season. Williams' injury will test the team's depth as he was being counted on as Anthony Spencer's top backup on the strong side.

Deon Anderson
Cowboys FB Deon Anderson is out for four weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.
It's the same knee Anderson had scoped early last season. The one month recovery time will leave Anderson questionable for the season opener. Backup Julius Crosslin was expected to push Anderson and will have a shot to impress the coaching staff.

Robert Brewster
Cowboys signed rookie OT Robert Brewster to a multi-year contract.
The next transaction Brewster is a part of will likely involve injured reserve. The third-rounder tore his pectorals at minicamps and won't play this year.

Link
The offense will be fun to watch but I'm more interested in the defensive side of the ball. Our offense is pretty simple we live and die by Gore he wont get us 200 yards a game because teams will stack the line but we know what he have on O. The intriguing fact is our defense is forcing turnovers, and it's time to see if it's for real or if it was a fluke. Not that the preseason is the regular season but to play a Cowboys offense that shredded the Titans starting defense up and down the field will be the first REAL test for this D. Glad we have Willis back
Personally I think we match up really well with them. They like to pound the ball with Barber and our run defense has Willis back and we've been stuffing the run quite nicely so far. Their receiver don't scare me as far as speed goes so Nate and Bly should be able to keep up with any challenges thrown their way which will leave Goldson to fly around and smash Witten. I'd like to see Lawson cover witten with his speed or Goldson to just SMASH him. Not saying I don't like Witten he is one of the top TE's in the game easily but not against us!
Crap, i hope it's not too bad.

Hill has low back strain. Team thinks he'll be ok for the game saturday.

From M Barrows Twitter

He's talking about Shaun not Jason and with smith's thumb all f'd are we gonna see Nate Davis start?
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM ]
  • Mex49
Hill better be playing and Raye better have him dropping back at least 15 times in his short playing time. Hill needs practice throwing the ball too. I dont care if he scores points but we need to see how the O-Line holds up in pass protection and how Hill and his WRs work together.

I love that Gore & Co. is the center peice but 9 pass attempts in two games for Hill is a joke.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Off topic, anyone know when we break camp?
Originally posted by nflguy49:
We better win. I have endzone seats and don't want to see pukes fans gloat even if it's just preseason.

me too. i am in section 123, lower level, row 9. 49ers fan for life here
I'm ready for Willis!!! ....We need some cowboys on the ground like Brad Smith!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Crap, i hope it's not too bad.

Hill has low back strain. Team thinks he'll be ok for the game saturday.

From M Barrows Twitter

He's talking about Shaun not Jason and with smith's thumb all f'd are we gonna see Nate Davis start?
Quote:

As for Hill, he didn't dress for the afternoon practice but still hung out with the quarterbacks throughout. If his back injury were serious, he wouldn't have been on his feet for two hours. .... Barry Sims was the starter at right tackle in the afternoon. Remember, Marvel Smith practices only once a day, and he practiced in the morning. ... Bly continues to play ahead of Tarell Brown at right cornerback ... Justin Smith, Takeo Spikes and Isaac Bruce had the afternoon off ...

Of course it doesn't take Doogie Howser to figure that one out.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by susweel:
So how many time is Andy Lee gonna hit the big screen.

ZERO because we're gonna score TD's on EVERY DRIVE!!!!!!

Originally posted by nflguy49:

We shall, amigo.

I think we should roll for 2 c-notes on the ground, and about a bill and a half in the air.

Look for Coffee and Gore to grind it for the first 2 quarters before we even think about stretching the field.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Personally I think we match up really well with them. They like to pound the ball with Barber and our run defense has Willis back and we've been stuffing the run quite nicely so far. Their receiver don't scare me as far as speed goes so Nate and Bly should be able to keep up with any challenges thrown their way which will leave Goldson to fly around and smash Witten. I'd like to see Lawson cover witten with his speed or Goldson to just SMASH him. Not saying I don't like Witten he is one of the top TE's in the game easily but not against us!

That depends on the pass rush. If Romo has all day to throw, I see us getting torched.