There are 180 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.

Word, it seems like you are just looking for the chance to tell people to not be excited over someone, like you feel better about yourself or something.

MadDog: you're wrong dude. theres nothing wrong with giving props to a player for doing well. you're thinking about this a little too much

WC...you do know this is NinerTalk haha

Heh, good point. Can't bash MD too much for that.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
raider's only have 54 yrds rushng
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
im confused, im in michigan and cant watch the game. did McKillop force and recover the fumble or what? was there a penalty?

Penalty

ok, so mckillop did force a fumber and recovered it but there was a penalty that overturned it? b*****ds
Bull$3it
didnt get the 2 points though
good pressure reggie smith
I like the way Smith has looked.
Small...fry....
reggie smith is showing himself quite nicely

Guess we are going to see a lot of Sheets from here on out.
lets see if sheets can close it
Originally posted by BHulman:
Doesn't look conclusive.

That was definately a touchdown
Consecutive pre-season wins on missed all-in, two-point conversions. I'll take 'em...
some jerk off at the game is wearing a dodgers cap with a Raiders jersey, hes looking for a a$$ kicking.
Share 49ersWebzone