LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by backontop:
Oh great, Alex Smith is starting.

Oh great another blind Smith hating post

Oh great another Alex Smith homer.

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?

Bad decision making???? I thought he held onto the ball because he was to careful? Which one is it cause you can't really be both

When did I ever say that he was toO careful?

oh dear god!! Please help us all. It is pretty well known that the reason that Smith holds on to the ball so long is because he doesn't trust his receivers(and for good reason. Just look at the 07 season with all the droppsies) and he doens't want to give the ball up. It is not like he just likes the feel of the ball in his hand. If you are going to bash the guy at least know what you are talking about

Oh dear! This man is coming up with more Alexcuses! I actually haven't heard that one before, but I'll add it to my list of Alexcuses.

How is that an excuse??? Even the coaches have said that he holds onto the ball to long for that reason. Again if you are going to bash the guy know what you're talking about.

Instead of barbecuing up a bunch of bs that the coaches supposedly said why don't you provide me with some evidence since you know what you're talking about.

You act like this is old news? Just answer this, Has Alex Smith been accused of holding onto the football to long?

Here is a snipet from ESPN.com

Singletary talked about how he wants to see Smith protect the ball, get rid of the ball quickly and avoid mistakes. That second item -- getting rid of the ball quickly -- comes with being confident and decisive. Smith needs to project those things to the offense and the team if he expects to win this job. I do not see evidence that he has done that convincingly.

But your right I am just making it up

He's not confident? I knew that! Sorry, but it doesn't say anything about him having confidence in his receivers.

who else is not going to be confident about? He has put the ball on the money in the receivers hands in the past just to have the ball bounce out. He knows he can make the throws. The receivers just couldn't catch the ball in the past. Now that he has a new WR corps that actually hang onto the ball he is showing confidence. Coincidence? Probably not.

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?

Bad decision making???? I thought he held onto the ball because he was to careful? Which one is it cause you can't really be both

oh dear god!! Please help us all. It is pretty well known that the reason that Smith holds on to the ball so long is because he doesn't trust his receivers(and for good reason. Just look at the 07 season with all the droppsies) and he doens't want to give the ball up. It is not like he just likes the feel of the ball in his hand. If you are going to bash the guy at least know what you are talking about

Oh dear! This man is coming up with more Alexcuses! I actually haven't heard that one before, but I'll add it to my list of Alexcuses.

How is that an excuse??? Even the coaches have said that he holds onto the ball to long for that reason. Again if you are going to bash the guy know what you're talking about.

Instead of barbecuing up a bunch of bs that the coaches supposedly said why don't you provide me with some evidence since you know what you're talking about.

You act like this is old news? Just answer this, Has Alex Smith been accused of holding onto the football to long?

Singletary talked about how he wants to see Smith protect the ball, get rid of the ball quickly and avoid mistakes. That second item -- getting rid of the ball quickly -- comes with being confident and decisive. Smith needs to project those things to the offense and the team if he expects to win this job. I do not see evidence that he has done that convincingly.

He's not confident? I knew that! Sorry, but it doesn't say anything about him having confidence in his receivers.

who else is not going to be confident about? He has put the ball on the money in the receivers hands in the past just to have the ball bounce out. He knows he can make the throws. The receivers just couldn't catch the ball in the past. Now that he has a new WR corps that actually hang onto the ball he is showing confidence. Coincidence? Probably not.

I agree that the receivers dropped a lot of balls, but you still have to make the throws and show that you have confidence. It's not his fault if the receivers don't hang onto the ball.

I agree that the receivers dropped a lot of balls, but you still have to make the throws and show that you have confidence. It's not his fault if the receivers don't hang onto the ball.

That is why he didn't have confidence in the RECEIVERS!!!!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by adrenaline:
If the 49ers don't get to the QB against the Raiders I'm going to be very disappointed.

i'm calling a justin smith sack

On Jamarcus Russell?Ooh, I'd love to see that.

You know, if Oakland ran the wildcat, they could line Russell up at LT, instead of WR.

What if Manny gets to him. I can see Manny at 6'5" 250ish, trying to tackle Russell at 6'6" 285 or more.
I'm looking forward to playing Dallas, now that is definitely a game I want to win.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I'm looking forward to playing Dallas, now that is definitely a game I want to win.

This is a game that we should ALWAYS win.
I'm gonna focus on the OL and DL this game, see who wins at the LOS. Last week, I tried to focus on individual players which makes it harder to see the overall play as well.

I'd be surprised if Oakland doesn't come out really fired up after we embarrassed them earlier in the week. Should be a good test, but I still expect us to outwork and outtough them in the end.

Oh yeah, and that Alex Smith guy's gotta step up and execute. Big time pressure on him, big time opportunity, too. We shall see it unfold.
I think we are playing at regular season intensity. I'm only hoping we can turn it up a little when regular season actually starts so that we will still be a step ahead in the hunger category. I hate preseason, it can fool you.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think we are playing at regular season intensity. I'm only hoping we can turn it up a little when regular season actually starts so that we will still be a step ahead in the hunger category. I hate preseason, it can fool you.

agreed. i hope in the regular season theyll still be able to out intensity teams.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Only if you take it too seriously. LOL

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
god i hate the raiders and there crack smoking fans...

fixed!

He looks like a Raider.....

You mean a Roider, don't you? (look at that mug) I swear his head looks like its grown since 2002....maybe not....

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 22, 2009 at 6:24 AM ]
I just wanna see Nate Davis play more tonight.
Going to the game tonight!

Damn its cold in SF compared to NYC. Had to buy a long sleeve undershirt
our cb's are going up against raider rookie receivers, we better pwn them
I predict, we will be down by 3 going into the 4th quarter, and Nate Davis will come in and bring us through, with a touchdown pass to brit miller.
Share 49ersWebzone