There are 191 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Oh great, Alex Smith is starting.

Oh great another blind Smith hating post

Oh great another Alex Smith homer.

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

Hey, hey, hey. None of that in here!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

tell me about it. My bad I will check my logic at the door.

Derr!!! me no likey Smith. he be bad football player he need to die!

Is that better?

No...that is not possible, either you love Hill or Smith, you cannot possibly want for both of them to succeed...it just makes no sense to root for both the QB's on your team, you MUST hate one of them.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

No...that is not possible, either you love Hill or Smith, you cannot possibly want for both of them to succeed...it just makes no sense to root for both the QB's on your team, you MUST hate one of them.

the only one I hate is JTO for ruining our playoff chances last year. but he is no longer on the team. So I am allowed to hate him
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

tell me about it. My bad I will check my logic at the door.

Derr!!! me no likey Smith. he be bad football player he need to die!

Is that better?

Yes, but I think you misspelled "Derr." (One "r" like the one "m" in "Simms".)
So Mr. Smith is going to take the reigns tomorrow --i wish him well, hope he leads an opening drive TD and makes the their d-fense look stupid. That's what's going to have happen for him to win this race.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
So Mr. Smith is going to take the reigns tomorrow --i wish him well, hope he leads an opening drive TD and makes the their d-fense look stupid. That's what's going to have happen for him to win this race.

Sadly I think he will need more than that to win the starting job from Hill. I think that MS has already made his decision but is giving Smith a "fair" chance to help his confidence. Now if Smith comes out and throws a 70 yard TD pass right off the bat then comes back and leads a 99 yard drive for a TD he might get back in the game. But for now I am comfortable with him backing up Hill and really getting into the groove of the offense.

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM ]

Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Sadly I think he will need more than that to win the starting job from Hill. I think that MS has already made his decision but is giving Smith a "fair" chance to help his confidence. Now if Smith comes out and throws a 70 yard TD pass right off the bat then comes back and leads a 99 yard drive for a TD he might get back in the game. But for now I am comfortable with him backing up Hill and really getting into the groove of the offense.

Oh -no doubt... you can't say MS hasn't been diplomatic about it -that's for sure. Hill is IMO the most logical choice for us right now. Everything just clicks better w/ him in there.
damn he was hella skinny

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?

Bad decision making???? I thought he held onto the ball because he was to careful? Which one is it cause you can't really be both
less than 24 hrs away
Share 49ersWebzone