LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Brandon Jones Suffers Shoulder Fracture (Out 8 to 10 Weeks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wow, this really sucks. How did it happen?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Dove for a catch...landed on his shoulder i guess.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Dove for a catch...landed on his shoulder i guess.

-9fA

• NickV
  • Veteran
Our current WR's are gonna have to step up.

Get healthy B. Jones!
Bad, bad news. I was really looking forward to seeing him tear it up from the get go.
I think this loss would be more meaningful if Smith becomes the QB. Jones' speed will help with Smith's ability at long passes. Shaun Hill will not be hurt so much because Zeigler's hands are as good as anybody in camp.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Damn, we down again to the receivers we had last year. Come on, get Crabtree signed.

true but morgan will be healthy and Hill looked promising last year once he got a shot to play. i still think were in god shape, he'll only be out for 2 or 3 regular season games. not the end of the world. i hope the niners dont cave in to crabby's bulls**t. he should get what he's supposed to get, not what he wants to get.

agreed on Crabtree, he hasnt proven s**t yet, and should be paid 10th pick money.
Its a fracture in his shoulder they say he will be out for around 8 weeks which means he is going to be sidelined until somewhere around week 4. I think Crabtrees signing is more important than ever and we have players like VD saying that he is going to contact MC to get his a** into camp. Were pretty much back where we ended last season w/ our recievers, hopefully we can get a much improved Josh Morgan in the beginning of the season. Your thoughts.......

oh yeah, link
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/07/SPT7195H8O.DTL

[ Edited by Ricethefngoat on Aug 7, 2009 at 16:41:09 ]
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
Its a fracture in his shoulder they say he will be out for around 8 weeks which means he is going to be sidelined until somewhere around week 4. I think Crabtrees signing is more important than ever and we have players like VD saying that he is going to contact MC to get his a** into camp. Were pretty much back where we ended last season w/ our recievers, hopefully we can get a much improved Josh Morgan in the beginning of the season. Your thoughts.......

If Crabtree doesn't sign and Jones is out yes we still have the same WR corps as last year but the main difference is that the offense is set to allow the strengths of the players to be successful. I don't think that WR's is what will be determining the success of the offense, it will be the OLine and QB play. We have reliable receivers that can catch and make plays in Bruce, Battle, Morgan, Hill(if he steps up), Davis, Walker, Gore.. and so on. So signing Crabtree isn't any more important now with jones out than what it was when Jones was healthy

He's going to be a huge waste of money
At least it happened now and not the end of preseason.
With Brandon Jones out for eight weeks and Michael Crabtree not budging on his contract demands, the 49ers added a wideout today, Chris Francies, who played at UTEP. Francies (6-1, 193) was picked up by the Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2006 and he played in seven games that season. He was cut a year ago and spent time on the Saints practice squad. He's wearing No. 9. ... To make room, the 49ers cut DE Babatunde Oshinowo, who was brought in before training camp. Ricky Jean-Francois' return to practice made Oshinowo expendable.

barrows
Pretty big blow to our WR core. Looks like Morgan and Bruce are locked as the starters at the start of the season.

Good news for the Morgan bandwagon.
when it rains, it freakin pours.
Share 49ersWebzone