LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Any VD haters starting to turn?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Don't tell me, Show me" -Mike Singletary
Hey, last year we heard the same thing. He has been catching passes during PRACTICE. Thats supposed to change my mind? I know he one of the best blocking tight ends in the league, but as far as catching passes is concerned, I will change my mind once I see him start Catching passes and making plays in the games
Originally posted by Esco:
I heard krizay was starting to turn...

That would mean hell is freezing over
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I love Vernon, but we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE.

Not a game. Practice.

-Allen Iverson

yes, and remember J.T. was throwing him the ball 3/4 of the year
Everyone drops passes... only few receivers have immaculate hands that catch everything thrown their way...

I know Davis had his fair share of drops... but I remember 3 catches that were tough ones that impressed me. The one over the middle where he absolutley got laid out but still held on, and hopped right back up. The TD over the middle making the catch between 2 defenders and snagged it from over the defenders head... and the long pass in Dallas that I swore he was gonna drop... but held on and got both feet in bounds...

Those to me, for him, and for a tight end in general, were impressive. I think his hands will get better this season...
Originally posted by zozell:
Everyone drops passes... only few receivers have immaculate hands that catch everything thrown their way...

I know Davis had his fair share of drops... but I remember 3 catches that were tough ones that impressed me. The one over the middle where he absolutley got laid out but still held on, and hopped right back up. The TD over the middle making the catch between 2 defenders and snagged it from over the defenders head... and the long pass in Dallas that I swore he was gonna drop... but held on and got both feet in bounds...
Those to me, for him, and for a tight end in general, were impressive. I think his hands will get better this season...

The one that got called back?
Originally posted by backontop:

Yep... can't blame that one on Kwame though... even though I'm sure we all want to lol
I start out on Vernon's bandwagon every year. And so far, I've fallen off by about week 5 every year.

I would love to stay on the wagon for the entire season this time. But he's got to give me a reason to stay.
Originally posted by backontop:

Yep... can't blame that one on Kwame though... even though I'm sure we all want to lol

I was going to say called back because of kwame but then realized he wasn't on the team anymore. I think it was actually on Snyder maybe?
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
wait till the season starts...

• Antix
  • Veteran
Once he goes a whole regular season game without dropping a pass I'll believe in him. I'm not holding my breath.
Originally posted by Antix:
Once he goes a whole regular season game without dropping a pass I'll believe in him. I'm not holding my breath.

Some probowlers can't even do that. At least have REALISTIC high expectations.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I start out on Vernon's bandwagon every year. And so far, I've fallen off by about week 5 every year.

I would love to stay on the wagon for the entire season this time. But he's got to give me a reason to stay.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

-9fA
With the recent scuffle with Marques Harris, something tells me that opposing teams will game plan on getting VD hot - that will translate into penalty yards.

I hope he restrains himself from this during game time.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
I'm a davis supporter but don't crown him yet until he proves it on sundays.

Exactly, we heard the same thing last year in practice. He hasn't played one game yet, so how can you start loving him all of a sudden... I'm not a VD hater at all, like other fans, I was pumped when we drafted him and we have all been disappointed... he has to prove it this year. This system is great for TEs.
Share 49ersWebzone