There are 142 users in the forums

just curious

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I'm just curious to get some opinions about what some people think the role of a 49er fan is??? Is it to support and root for them,or to bash them?
The reason I ask this is I read all the posts and most of the comments everyday on the zone and respect everyone and their opinions.But I got to wonder why some completely bash or put down our HC,OC,DC and the players we have? Case in point,in one thread the OC is being fired and we haven't even played one game yet.
Of course there are players and coaches I haven't liked or didn't think they were a good fit for the 9ers but I never stopped pulling for them. But that's me,I'll do whatever I can to encourage,back up and support the red and gold.....regardless!!!
I do expect to get some heat over this post and that's cool. Again I'm just curious about your opinion on this subject. With respect Dugo
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Welcome to Niner talk. It's been like this since before you signed up on this forum.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Welcome to Niner talk. It's been like this since before you signed up on this forum.

Lol Thanks for the welcome....
Go to a 49er forum in heaven. That way everyone is positive.
Originally posted by dugo:
I'm just curious to get some opinions about what some people think the role of a 49er fan is??? Is it to support and root for them,or to bash them?
The reason I ask this is I read all the posts and most of the comments everyday on the zone and respect everyone and their opinions.But I got to wonder why some completely bash or put down our HC,OC,DC and the players we have? Case in point,in one thread the OC is being fired and we haven't even played one game yet.
Of course there are players and coaches I haven't liked or didn't think they were a good fit for the 9ers but I never stopped pulling for them. But that's me,I'll do whatever I can to encourage,back up and support the red and gold.....regardless!!!
I do expect to get some heat over this post and that's cool. Again I'm just curious about your opinion on this subject. With respect Dugo
trying going to parking lot when ever you keep seeing the same post about Alex Smith or We need a pass rusher.
I don't mind watching my favorite teams lose as long their coaches or players are not making dumb decision after dumb decision.
Parking Lot FTW!
I don't think that to be a true fan you need to shut up when you see something that stinks. BUT, you still can support your team while criticizing it's faults. Constant or repetitive negativity benefits no one and no matter how dark, there are always positives to recognize, and if there's one thing I've learned as a 9'er fan for 45 years, there's always hope.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Parking Lot FTW!

Originally posted by NickV:

haha, yea, it has. The anonymity allows people to gripe about everything, from crabtree not signing to 5th hand accounts of alex smith's surprise at seeing a cockroach leading to poor accuracy.

Come to thin think of it, it's just like the rest of the internet.
Welcome dugo........There is no loyalty test before posting. You gotta love those who are critical before any games have been played.......right. Personally I do think that you can still support the team and yet also be critical of obvious flaws. The internet does give anonymity to some with foolish statements or their own personal agenda.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Welcome dugo........There is no loyalty test before posting. You gotta love those who are critical before any games have been played.......right. Personally I do think that you can still support the team and yet also be critical of obvious flaws. The internet does give anonymity to some with foolish statements or their own personal agenda.

Good point.....and your absolutely right.
My role as a "fan" is to ride the emotional roller coaster ride the team provides...

That includes, jumping out of my chair and spilling beer(this is the only acceptable excuse for spilling beer) everywhere when the 49ers score a touchdown.

It includes throwing pens off the television screen and telling anyone who will listen that the coach and/or player is a retard when the 49ers allow a touchdown to be scored.

It includes getting completely trashed every gameday, and playing armchair Qb/Coach/Gm, and letting everyone know just what I would have done differently.

It includes walking around with a couple extra inches added to my chest each week the 49ers win.

It includes being a miserable intolerable SOB each week the 49ers lose.

It includes hoping beyond hope that our QB will turn into the "next great one".

It includes saying I knew that guy was a f**king bum when he goes out and lays an egg.

It includes watching the draft, drinking alot of beer, and celebrating how the 49ers ALWAYS got the best pick of the draft.

It includes berating the kid like the rookie he is when he doesn't do sh*t his first year.

It includes rubbing 5 Superbowl Championships in my friends faces.

It includes opening another beer and ignoring the mouthy Steeler fan who thinks he had a right to chime in on the subject.

It includes loving and hating the team depending on a) Their performance b) How many beers I have drank.

Most of all, being a fan of the 49ers means NEVER cheering for another team!!
Before the season starts is when Niner talk is suitable, just wait till the season starts then the real bashing will start.
Share 49ersWebzone