LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Chief:
He is 100% correct, I am starting to regret my Crabtree jersey.

PWN3D!!!!!

PWN3D!!!!!

It is ok. I have a Smith and Davis jersey. Lets hope they step up and make me not regret those So far so good in camp though
we don't even KNOW what's being offered and demanded. it's just a bunch of rumors. "sources say..." well who gives a crap?

crabtree should get slightly less than DHB and that should be the end of it. i'm not saying that's what will happen, but that's what should happen.

eugene parker can eat a bag of dicks if he honestly thinks he's going to get top 5 money. crabtree and his agent hold little to no leverage in this negotiation.

i don't really give a crap about "upsetting the slotting system", but you cannot pay crabtree more than DHB. again, we don't know if that's being demanded or not. i have to believe this is all going to be worked out soon
by sunday now that its all over the news...

PWN3D!!!!!

It is ok. I have a Smith and Davis jersey. Lets hope they step up and make me not regret those So far so good in camp though

I'm still confident he will be signed, who knows when though. Sitting out the season would be the dumbest thing he could do, he would be costing himself millions of dollars.
"Crabtree believes he's worth at least that, and has turned down a five-year deal worth about $21 million. That proposed deal is close to what last year's 10th pick, Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo, received. Mayo agreed to a five-year, $18.9 million contract with $13.8 million in guarantees and bonuses."

-aol fanhouse

thats all i got for what we had offered him
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here is another evil guy in history: Barry Sanders.

In 1989, Barry Sanders signed his contract three days before the start of the regular season, in a prolonged salary dispute, and through his agent was able to get a 5 year, $6.1 million contract. The player drafted in front of him, Tony Manderich, signed a 4 year deal for $4.4 million. Quick math. Who got more?

"But, MadDog, I am so confused. I thought my entire life that Barry Sanders was a good guy. Maybe I was wrong all along. He didn't sign until just before the draft, so he must be evil and greedy. He's just a bad guy."

Sanders donates more than $200,000 dollars directly after signing to help build Paradise Baptist Church in his home town. I guess that doesn't count.

"We must obey the slot system. Otherwise, it will be the fall of western civilization."

Sanders, the number three pick, signs for substantially more than Tony Manderich, the number two.

Just example #45867 in my crushing of the two moronic throughts of the day from people all around the country that have no idea what they are talking about: 1) that players who do not sign and report to camp on time are evil, greedy, divas, heartless, baby-killers; and 2) that the slotting system is followed religiously, without exception, without excuses.

Someone else's turn to make an excuse. Ready, set, go.

Comparing the two is just idiotic. I don't think people think he is bad just because he is holding out, it is because he is a diva who has always cared more about himself than his team. And look at what you wrote Sanders signed for one year longer and instead of 1.1 million a year he got 1.2 million a year. Diva doesn't want 10% more than the pick ahead of him, he wants top 5 money which is 250% percent per year more than his slot. Lets see 10% and 250% yeah thats a great comparison.

Oh and back to my original point Sanders was a good guy, so him holding out wasn't something people got down on him for, but Crabtree is and always has been an as#hole, this is just another incident of him caring about himself more than the team.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
we don't even KNOW what's being offered and demanded. it's just a bunch of rumors. "sources say..." well who gives a crap?

crabtree should get slightly less than DHB and that should be the end of it. i'm not saying that's what will happen, but that's what should happen.

eugene parker can eat a bag of dicks if he honestly thinks he's going to get top 5 money. crabtree and his agent hold little to no leverage in this negotiation.

i don't really give a crap about "upsetting the slotting system", but you cannot pay crabtree more than DHB. again, we don't know if that's being demanded or not. i have to believe this is all going to be worked out soon

it is not top 5 money that he wants. He wants top 3 money.
I'm just glad that the rumor of Parker threatening to have him hold out the whole year has been denied. That would have been beyond silly...

I think MadDog49er is correct when he says, Crabs is not evil because his agent is trying to get him the most money possible. It's business. Crabtree plays football and hired a business man to take care of the business side.

I still do believe however, that the 49ers need to be tough in this negotiation. They are going to have to give a little, but they don't have to bend over and take it dry either...
Originally posted by 49erFan:
I'm just glad that the rumor of Parker threatening to have him hold out the whole year has been denied. That would have been beyond silly...

I think MadDog49er is correct when he says, Crabs is not evil because his agent is trying to get him the most money possible. It's business. Crabtree plays football and hired a business man to take care of the business side.

I still do believe however, that the 49ers need to be tough in this negotiation. They are going to have to give a little, but they don't have to bend over and take it dry either...

The agent is saying that he is not pushing his client to hold out and re-enter the draft. Again it is Crabtree's cousin saying this based on what Crabtree has told his cousin.

In 1989, Barry Sanders signed his contract three days before the start of the regular season, in a prolonged salary dispute, and through his agent was able to get a 5 year, $6.1 million contract. The player drafted in front of him, Tony Manderich, signed a 4 year deal for $4.4 million. Quick math. Who got more?

"But, MadDog, I am so confused. I thought my entire life that Barry Sanders was a good guy. Maybe I was wrong all along. He didn't sign until just before the draft, so he must be evil and greedy. He's just a bad guy."

Sanders donates more than $200,000 dollars directly after signing to help build Paradise Baptist Church in his home town. I guess that doesn't count.

"We must obey the slot system. Otherwise, it will be the fall of western civilization."

Sanders, the number three pick, signs for substantially more than Tony Manderich, the number two.

Just example #45867 in my crushing of the two moronic throughts of the day from people all around the country that have no idea what they are talking about: 1) that players who do not sign and report to camp on time are evil, greedy, divas, heartless, baby-killers; and 2) that the slotting system is followed religiously, without exception, without excuses.

LOL I remember when I was a kid I got a Sports Illustrated with Tony Manderich on the cover. What a 'roided joke that guy turned out to be.

One has to admit that this kind of thing just makes the NFL and pro-athletes in general look bad. Whether or not this is how it's been, or this is how it's going to be, it just doesn't look good. I don't care if Sanders did it, or if Singletary did it, or even if Ghandi did it. No matter how one spins it, it's a sad state of affairs. We the fans of the NFL have no one to blame for this but ourselves. We create these ridiculous salaries everytime we buy jerseys, beer at the stadium or whatever.

Fact remains, no rookie should make more than a veteran who has put in his time and proven himself. The whole thing is just a little irritating, that's all.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 6, 2009 at 18:43:10 ]
Originally posted by philmo:

Comparing the two is just idiotic. I don't think people think he is bad just because he is holding out, it is because he is a diva who has always cared more about himself than his team. And look at what you wrote Sanders signed for one year longer and instead of 1.1 million a year he got 1.2 million a year. Diva doesn't want 10% more than the pick ahead of him, he wants top 5 money which is 250% percent per year more than his slot. Lets see 10% and 250% yeah thats a great comparison.

Oh and back to my original point Sanders was a good guy, so him holding out wasn't something people got down on him for, but Crabtree is and always has been an as#hole, this is just another incident of him caring about himself more than the team.

couldn't have said it better myself. If crabtree was just wanting a small amount more than DHB then I could see that. But even then that would be pushing it seems how it is 3 slots ahead of Crabtree. But Crabtree wants top 3 money when he is not a top 3 pick. Like you said bad comparison. Try again maddog still not impressed

The agent is saying that he is not pushing his client to hold out and re-enter the draft. Again it is Crabtree's cousin saying this based on what Crabtree has told his cousin.

I understand. The last I had heard earlier today, was that it was Parker himself...

I'm not nearly as concerned with a he said/she said report of the cousin saying what Crabs "supposedly" said.

Perhaps he did indeed say that. I don't really know. If he does hold out and re-enter the draft, that would be an extremely poor decision, and I really don't think his agent would be acting for his clients best interests, if he were to allow that to happen.

At this point I'm not willing to throw the kid under the bus.

I understand. The last I had heard earlier today, was that it was Parker himself...

I'm not nearly as concerned with a he said/she said report of the cousin saying what Crabs "supposedly" said.

Perhaps he did indeed say that. I don't really know. If he does hold out and re-enter the draft, that would be an extremely poor decision, and I really don't think his agent would be acting for his clients best interests, if he were to allow that to happen.

no agent works for the best interest of their client. They work for the best interest of their wallet. The more money the player gets the more kickback the agent gets.

no agent works for the best interest of their client. They work for the best interest of their wallet. The more money the player gets the more kickback the agent gets.

I agree that agents are certainly looking to line their own pockets with as much green as possible. That's part of the game...

The difference of course, is if he signs Crabs to a bigger deal than the 10 "slot" should get, they both get more money. If Crabs were to holdout for the year and re-enter the draft, they would both lose alot of money.
Share 49ersWebzone