LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Dear Jehovah witness
quit knocking on my door, and its none of your business why im naked covered in i cant believe its not butter with a goat and a midget tied up in the living room

thank you in advance
valrod33

Dear valrod33,

No thank you,
Rat
What is the largest thread ever on these boards? This thread almost has 2,000 posts... and we still have perhaps 3 more weeks until Crabtree signs!
And almost 63,000 views...........
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
What is the largest thread ever on these boards? This thread almost has 2,000 posts... and we still have perhaps 3 more weeks until Crabtree signs!

By far probably the Post Whore thread in the Parking Lot.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by highway49:
And almost 63,000 views...........

I hope that when Crabtree finally hits the field (if he hits the field), that he is showered with boos from our fanbase. This is ridiculous.

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I hope that when Crabtree finally hits the field (if he hits the field), that he is showered with boos from our fanbase. This is ridiculous.

Wouldnt be surprised if he got injured too on the first play.
Like Eugene Parker is visiting the board, frightened when members tell him to _____ himself. OOHH!! I'm sure he is impressed.
Some of you need to visit that special white room with the pads on the walls. This is a contract negotiation.

Cheers.

P.S. One rocket scientist said that Parker will "never deal with the 49ers team again". That will show him who's boss, right?

Well, it is not up to Parker. It is up to 49ers management. If they draft another player who has Parker as his agent, guess what?

Mensa Spelling Word of the Day: L-E-T

Example: If you spell this three letter word correctly, we let you into first grade.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Wouldnt be surprised if he got injured too on the first play.

At that point I believe a straight up jack would be in order.

Dirty

I don't know if it's arrogance, ignorance or both that has Crabtree and his agent not trying to defuse or abate the increasing fan negativity about his holdout. Business or not, fans are getting pi$$ed and rightfully so. If he and his agent cared anything about the people that ultimately support him (by buying tickets, jerseys, autographs, the products he endorses, etc), Crabtree would be doing some type of damage control to his image.
The current "strategy", if there is one, is backfiring and he's going to have to have a monster 1st year to overcome the backlash that ensues. Why couldn't he just make some kind of vanilla statement acknowledging the fans' impatience, his own desire to get on the field, etc., without necessarily acquiescing to management's proposals? Seems like a good PR move to me, and unless he's willing to sit out the season (Dumb!), you know he's going to ultimately have to take less than what he wants anyway. It just seems badly mismanaged to me. JMHO
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Like Eugene Parker is visiting the board, frightened when members tell him to _____ himself. OOHH!! I'm sure he is impressed.
Some of you need to visit that special white room with the pads on the walls. This is a contract negotiation.

Cheers.

P.S. One rocket scientist said that Parker will "never deal with the 49ers team again". That will show him who's boss, right?

Well, it is not up to Parker. It is up to 49ers management. If they draft another player who has Parker as his agent, guess what?

Mensa Spelling Word of the Day: L-E-T

Example: If you spell this three letter word correctly, we let you into first grade.

Your have 2 days left on your countdown clock
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I don't know if it's arrogance, ignorance or both that has Crabtree and his agent not trying to defuse or abate the increasing fan negativity about his holdout. Business or not, fans are getting pi$$ed and rightfully so. If he and his agent cared anything about the people that ultimately support him (by buying tickets, jerseys, autographs, the products he endorses, etc), Crabtree would be doing some type of damage control to his image.
The current "strategy", if there is one, is backfiring and he's going to have to have a monster 1st year to overcome the backlash that ensues. Why couldn't he just make some kind of vanilla statement acknowledging the fans' impatience, his own desire to get on the field, etc., without necessarily acquiescing to management's proposals? Seems like a good PR move to me, and unless he's willing to sit out the season (Dumb!), you know he's going to ultimately have to take less than what he wants anyway. It just seems badly mismanaged to me. JMHO

Good questions raised.

First, Parker has never been a person to discuss contract situations with the general public, since it is a losing battle. Nobody ever supports labor over management. So, this would only stoke outrage, and distract him from working with his client.

Second, Parker honestly doesn't care about public sentiment. He is not a politician who needs to gain public support. There are no elections, he cannot be booted off an island. He is a sports agent, who is focused on his client. Public support, or lack of support, is meaningless.

Third, once Crabtree signs, all will be well. All the negative emotions that fans insert into contract negotiations evaporate. The fans welcome the player back as a hero (from chanting F#*^ Crabtree to buying his jersey), and everybody moves on.

Parker has been through these protracted contract negotiations many times, most recently with Steven Jackson and Jason Peters. Jackson was able to gain a huge contract last season. Peters eventually reported to camp, but demanded a trade once the season was finished. He got what he wished for. With his trade to the Eagles, Parker persuaded the Eagles to tear up the old contract, and offer a gigantic new one. The guy is really good at what he does.

One of the classic delayed signings was Barry Sanders, who ended up gaining a larger contract than the player drafted above him, Tony Manderich. Sanders signed just three days before the season began, the fans welcomed him, and the rest is history. Nobody but astute NFL fans even remember Sanders' delayed contract signing.

P.S. The delay in signing shows that both sides are going to have to move toward the middle to get this done. Neither side is going to get all they want, and neither side is going to cave completely to the opposition's wishes. Once the two sides can create a unique contract that satisfies both parties, it will get done.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 18, 2009 at 9:47 AM ]

Good questions raised.

First, Parker has never been a person to discuss the contract situation with the general public, since it is a losing battle. Nobody ever supports labor over management. So, this would only stoke the outrage.

Second, Parker honestly doesn't care about public sentiment. He is not a politician who needs to gain public support. He is a sports agent, who is focused on his client. Public support, or lack of support is meaningless.

Third, once Crabtree signs, all will be well. All the negative emotions that fans insert into contract negotiations evaporate. The fans welcome the player back, and everybody moves on.

Parker has been through these protracted contract negotiations many times, most recently with Steven Jackson and Jason Peters. Jackson was able to gain a huge contract. Peters eventually reported to camp, but demanded a trade once the season was finished. With his new contract with the Eagles, Parker persuaded the Eagles to tear up the old contract, and offer a gigantic new one. The guy is really good at what he does.

One of the classic delayed signings was Barry Sanders, who ended up gaining a larger contract than the player drafted above him, Tony Manderich. Sanders signed just three days before the season began, the fans welcomed him, and the rest is history. Nobody but astute NFL fans even remember Sanders' delayed contract signing.

P.S. The delay in signing shows that both sides are going to have to move toward the middle to get this done. Neither side is going to get all they want, and neither side is going to cave completely to the opposition's wishes. Once the two sides can create a unique contract that satisfies both parties, it will get done.

So far, the examples you are using have little to do with this situation. Everyone Parker has represented have been established NFL players who have played just as good or better than their current contract and have proven that they mean a lot to their team.

Now the Barry Sanders example doesn't work. He was the first RB taken and he was selected at #3. He only upped his contract amount by one slot topping the #2 slot. Parker wants Crabtree to get a contract that's 3 slots better with Crabtree being the second man of his position selected. On top of that, DHB was signed for a higher contract than expected for that slot, which makes it even harder to give Crabtree even more money. It just isn't the same.

Good questions raised.

First, Parker has never been a person to discuss contract situations with the general public, since it is a losing battle. Nobody ever supports labor over management. So, this would only stoke outrage, and distract him from working with his client.

Second, Parker honestly doesn't care about public sentiment. He is not a politician who needs to gain public support. There are no elections, he cannot be booted off an island. He is a sports agent, who is focused on his client. Public support, or lack of support, is meaningless.

Third, once Crabtree signs, all will be well. All the negative emotions that fans insert into contract negotiations evaporate. The fans welcome the player back as a hero (from chanting F#*^ Crabtree to buying his jersey), and everybody moves on.

Parker has been through these protracted contract negotiations many times, most recently with Steven Jackson and Jason Peters. Jackson was able to gain a huge contract last season. Peters eventually reported to camp, but demanded a trade once the season was finished. He got what he wished for. With his trade to the Eagles, Parker persuaded the Eagles to tear up the old contract, and offer a gigantic new one. The guy is really good at what he does.

As always, very logical points. I'm just suggesting that a few non-committal words from Crabtree (not Parker) would go a long way, right now, to helping defuse negative fan emotions. Of course, once signed and he delivers on his promise, all will be forgiven, but RIGHT NOW, many of us are po'd and are starting to, if not already, believe that all the Diva, attitude problem talk was true. We could use a little reassurance, now, not later, that Crabs is a regular guy and actually cares about the fans enough to address the growing negativity he must, by now, bw aware of. Pollyannaish? Yeah, probably, but as you know, emotions run strong in sports, and especially Ninerland! Emotions have no business in negotiations, yes, but knowing that doesn't really help with each day that goes by with no word. Excuse me while I take a Valium.
Share 49ersWebzone