Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This Crabtree guy...he's such a bad guy. I mean, he robbed three old ladies last night while they were on their electric scooters. He then ran over a group of Mormons riding bicycles and laughed about it. On his way home, he threw a pipe bomb into the post office, and then drunkenly jumped up and down on his neighbor's car (OOPS! Wrong 49er. My bad.).
This is one bad, bad guy, that Michael Crabtree. He's evil.
Have 99.99% of the board lost their mind. THIS IS A CONTRACT NEGOTIATION!!!!!! What is so hard to understand? He's not out there shooting baby seals, dumping toxic waste into riverbeds (at least we hope not). His agent is negotiating a contract. And Crabtree has not stated one word. People are starting to compare him to T.O., who runs to every camera with his sad story. Where are all the Crabtree interviews, where he is angry, crying, complaining? There are none.
Has Crabtree come forward to state anything? No. Has his agent come forward to state that they are threatening to have him return to the draft? No. Have the Niners come forward to say that he is threatening to re-enter the draft? No. In fact, the only person is a cousin. We don't know if Crabtree gave authorization for the cousin to speak out. Maybe he and Crabtree were having a conversation about the matter, and Crabtree had no idea that his cousin would speak out.
In other words, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!! So, it would probably be wise to withhold judgment. Unless we hear word that Crabtree authorized his cousin to say something, or Crabtree or his agent talk with the media, then we don't know.
Jumping to conclusions usually gets one in trouble. Along with millions of Americans today, I automatically bought the incorrect ProFootballTalk.com story that PARKER had threatened to have Crabtree re-enter the draft. It has since been debunked by Parker, the Niners, and veteran reporters who have covered Parker for years. He doesn't operate that way is what Len Pastabelli, John Clayton and others have stated.
As for the sanctity of the slotting system....This is the biggest piece of sloppy journalism that I've heard all day, some from people who should know better. Where are the angry voices over the "incorrect/out of the slot" compensation for Sanchez, Freeman, Darrelle Revis, Larry Fitzgerald (he received more money under Parker than the number two and number one pick, Eli Manning in his contract). HOW DARE THE AGENT DEMAND MORE THAN HIS SLOTTED AMOUNT!!!! There are numerous examples in this draft of "incorrect slotting", and if you look at the 2007 draft, then you have pure heresy. I can't believe the NFL still exists after those "slotted" contracts.
The bottom line is that there are circumstances which cause the slotting to not be so pefectly systematic. Does the sun still rise, the world still rotate? Yes.
Quick, show some outrage over the Sanchez contract!! ARGH!!! IT IS GOING TO RUIN FOOTBALL!!!
The bottom line is that both sides are in a contract negotiation. This is not the Palestinian Arabs versus the Israeli Jews. This is not the Shia versus the Sunni. It is a contract negotiation.
I encourage members on this board to reject the easy to come by snap judgment, based on emotion, and to read the CBA, research the history of draft slotting, research the history of Eugene Parker, and then come to some rational conclusion. To simply become emotional...is mindless. And the board deserves more than mindless, emotional drivel.
I have copied and pasted this to every beat writer in America, and you may now feel free to report me to the Obama Administration, care of the Misinformation Ministry.
P.S. Have I mentioned that this is a contract negotiation?
demanding to get more money than you were picked at isn't a negotiation. Threatening to hold out and re-enter the draft isn't a negotiation. What he is doing is having a full blown temper tantrum like a 3 year old kid who didn't get to buy the spiderman toy at walmart that he wanted. He wants #1 money because HE feels that he is worth that money. Well hell I think I am worth #1 money as well and there is no way in hell I would even make it on a college team let alone an NFL team. He just needs to stop being such a damn whiner and sign seems how he says his NFL career is the most important thing to him at this moment and that he promised MS that he wouldn't miss a day of training camp. So lets see so far he has proved to be a "diva", a liar and a potential locker room distraction.
PS did I mention that this is not a contract negotiation
Think about what you are saying:
1. "Demanding to get more money"- Who is demanding? Crabtree? It is his agent. Agents always angle for more money. Do you fault Sanchez's agent, Josh Freeman's agent, Larry Fitzgerald's agent for asking for more money? It is their job.
2. "He's having a full blown temper tantrum"- Uh, do you have a camera on him?
3. "He wants #1 money"- How in the bleep did you come up with that? It is so bad, it is actually funny.
Oh, there is so much more.
Once again, have a beer with some friends, go to the computer, read my previous threads on the research I have done, do some research yourself, and then make a rational statement. This is not impressive. Rally!
1. Who has the ultimate say if he accepts the contract offer? Is it his agent or is it Crabtree? I believe that seems how it is Crabtree's career it would be his decision. So yes he is Demanding more money by not accepting any offers. One of the Matt's stated that there is approx a $10 mill+ difference between the 2 sides. So lets see that would again make Crabtree be the one DEMANDING more money. I understand that it is the agents job to try and get more money but is it for the best interest of the player? HELL NO it is because they more money the player gets the more money the agent gets. Don't let the "agents job" fool you. While it is the agents "job" to get more money it is the players "JOB" to get his ass in practice. So AGAIN!!! Crabtree is the one demanding the money.
2. Did I ever say he was Fysically (sorry had to do it) having a tantrum? No I didn't. What I meant by the tantrum was that he is not getting his way and because of that he is now threatening to just hold out and re-enter the draft again next year. It is just a threat to try and get or should I say DEMAND more money. Kind of how a child throws a tempter tantrum in a store when they don't get what they want in an attempt to get what they want.
3. Sorry for the over exaggeration of the #1 overall money. But with all of your "research" I am pretty sure that you already know that Crabtree wants top 3 money. Was he selected in the top 3? Nope he was selected at the #10 spot. But he feels that he should have top 3 money. Hell I think I deserve top 3 money as well and I couldn't even make it on the field in college let alone in the NFL but yet I still think that I deserve millions of dollars. The problem is I wasn't selected in the draft at the #10 over spot. There for he should get #10 money not top 3 money.
With all your research I am REALLY not impressed with your post. As a matter of fact you have never impressed me with a post. So keep trying because that seems to be your goal.