There are 184 users in the forums

I see the post but not the poll. Pay him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I see the post but not the poll. Pay him?

We all know the story. We've all heard the details. What's your opinion? Do we pay Crabs? I say Hell No.
Pay Him! Give him 6 years 45 million 29 million guaranteed.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Don't overpay him. I think we can get by with Bruce/Morgan/Jones so he isn't an immediate need.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Genius1310:
We all know the story. We've all heard the details. What's your opinion? Do we pay Crabs? I say Hell No.
i agree he aint worth the money. we shouldve drafted orakpo.
orakpo = a pass rush
crabtree = b. jones
MAKE HIM SIT.... then send him voided checks with how much money he would be making to mess with his head
Originally posted by rob28:
orakpo = a pass rush
crabtree = b. jones

Oh please. Lets not go overboard here. Everyone and their momma knows Crabtree is 3 times the receiver Jones is.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
i agree he aint worth the money. we shouldve drafted orakpo. orakpo = a pass rush crabtree = b. jones
Oh please. Lets not go overboard here. Everyone and their momma knows Crabtree is 3 times the receiver Jones is.
he hasnt played a down yet so we dont know. rashaun woods was better than b.jones coming out of college. you saw how that worked out.
i agree he aint worth the money. we shouldve drafted orakpo. orakpo = a pass rush crabtree = b. jones
he hasnt played a down yet so we dont know. rashaun woods was better than b.jones coming out of college. you saw how that worked out.

So Crabtree isn't better than Zeigler?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
He's going to get it anyway. Just get the damn thing over with!

One thing to note on this is DHB got a 20% raise compared to last year's 7th selection. Part of me just wants to pay him get this over with, but you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. This year's 11th pick Brian Orakpo got a 5 year deal 20 million dollar deal with 12.1 guaranteed. Last year's pick 10th pick Jerod Mayo got a 5 year deal worth 18.9 million dollars and 13.8 guaranteed. I don't how you can justify giving Crabtree 24 million dollars guaranteed? I'm all for paying Crabs and getting him in camp, but at some point value has to be in the discussion.

Let him sit for now and hopefully we meet somewhere in the middle. Obviously he's going to get a significant raise compared to last year's 10 selection.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 2, 2009 at 12:43:27 ]

I say Hell Yeah! Pay Crabtree and get him to camp ASAP! I would give him a nice signing bonus (enough to keep him happy), then base his salary primarily on performance incentives. He'll have the ability to make Top 5 Pick money based on his performance throughout the extent of his 4-5 year contract.

In my opinion, Crabtree is a phenom and can be a Larry Fitzgerald-type football player. Just imagine when we get into the Red Zone and we have the options to either throw to Crabtree or run Frank Gore. That's what Crabtree can do for our offense.

This guy will make an immediate impact just in Red Zone presence alone.
orakpo = a pass rush
crabtree = b. jones

Who in the hell knows that??????????????????????????????????
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

i really really hate rookie contracts....
Share 49ersWebzone