LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
I read somewhere the oline was switching to zone blocking on interior runs to maximize Gore's skills.

Anyone notice it yet?

well where did you read it? link?

Found it, miracle.

The 49ers plan to use more zone blocking this season, especially on inside runs.
Inside zone runs should benefit Frank Gore, as they spread out the defense and will allow him to attack through lanes. Gore's instincts and vision are elite, and he's already one of the NFL's hardest runners to bring down. Gore's current Average Draft Position (ADP) is the RB11. He's usually available in the middle of the second round in both PPR and non-PPR settings.

link

Which quotes Niner Insider as the source:

asked about the 49ers and zone blocking schemes and why I think the 49ers will use zone blocking this year. I think that because Joe Staley told me so. Also, the team has used zone runs for the last several years in combination with gap runs. The difference this year according to Staley is that they will probably eliminate the outside zone run and concentrate on inside zone runs, which better suits Frank Gore.

niner insider

That should dovetail nicely with Rathman's recent experience with Tom Cable. I Like it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If Parker is truly looking to get Crabtree top five money or even more money than DHB then he can hold his client out the entire pre-season.

He'll be lucky to get activated before mid-season.

Then it will be like we have three first round picks in 2010.

lets hope it doesnt get to that point
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
I read somewhere the oline was switching to zone blocking on interior runs to maximize Gore's skills.

Anyone notice it yet?

well where did you read it? link?

Found it, miracle.

The 49ers plan to use more zone blocking this season, especially on inside runs.
Inside zone runs should benefit Frank Gore, as they spread out the defense and will allow him to attack through lanes. Gore's instincts and vision are elite, and he's already one of the NFL's hardest runners to bring down. Gore's current Average Draft Position (ADP) is the RB11. He's usually available in the middle of the second round in both PPR and non-PPR settings.

link

Which quotes Niner Insider as the source:

asked about the 49ers and zone blocking schemes and why I think the 49ers will use zone blocking this year. I think that because Joe Staley told me so. Also, the team has used zone runs for the last several years in combination with gap runs. The difference this year according to Staley is that they will probably eliminate the outside zone run and concentrate on inside zone runs, which better suits Frank Gore.

niner insider

Hopefully Frank will have a great monster year!
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Hey, does anyone know how much Michael Robinson is weighing these days...I am guessing over 240 lbs. at this point.

really doubt that. At most i think 235 but likely 230, he entered the league at 220 if im not mistaken.

IMO, it would be great for the team to have Robinson starting at FB. He held his own with Willis yesterday during the Nutcracker. If his blocking is comparable to Norris, he'd give the team more weapons.
Is there anything going today? Any TC today?
yeah anyone have any updates or news on twitter of todays practice?
Any word on camp today?
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Sunday practice begins 4:20 PST

Two-a-days resume Monday
I'll be at todays training camp as a VIP guest. I believe today is only open to santa clara business owners and VIP guests! Ill post whatever I see n some s**tty blackberry pictures
Originally posted by indianajim:
Sunday practice begins 4:20 PST

Two-a-days resume Monday

thanx for the insight i was wondering why i hadnt hear anything today.

does anyone know if any of the matts wil be vipĀ“s
Originally posted by jwildz999:
I'll be at todays training camp as a VIP guest. I believe today is only open to santa clara business owners and VIP guests! Ill post whatever I see n some s**tty blackberry pictures

better than none thanks in advance
The 49ers won't be practicing on Sunday mornings? Why not? Well, Vernon Davis notes on Twitter that he and his teammates are off to church.

from barrows twitter
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Hahaha, very funny!
Any news yet on how theyre doing today? interesting that sing has them going to church.
Share 49ersWebzone