LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

49ERS new Turf???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
probably that half grass half turf stuff. As long as it's not old school, knee sprain turf, I don't care. But nothing beats real grass.
i remember when they were talking about the new stadium they had mentioned that they were not sure if they were goin to use real or artificial.
  • dj43
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by frankie:
I just hope we keep wit the natural turf! Astroturf hurts players more they get caught up in the fake turk n that blows! Positive for it though is the speed! But that goes the same for our opponites!

no team is ever going to switch to, or have a new stadium using Astroturf

eh, the new stuff like in Seattle is very good. It feels much like the real stuff although I hate to see all the little black bits of rubber flying around. Also, with the much lower cost of maintenance, it makes it possible to schedule other events there without damaging the surface for football.

That having been said, the game is about green grass and mud and big guys grunting and falling down...that is football.

BTW, the Santa Clara facility has both a grass and a synthetic field. Most teams also have both so players can practice on the field on which they will play their next game.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I would have no problem with that. I think it would be cool to have an open stadium with turf. They do make that stuff alot better now.
I thought they were still not sure of the type of field.

If you can grow grass, the game should be on grass.

Period.

If you can make astroturf, the game should be on turf.

Period.
Maybe its for the new stadium bc they are thinking about making it turf. I personally don't like the idea but it is less expensive in the long run and its "greener"!
They installed the turf a few years ago.

New Practice Field
The Niners have a grass practice field and a turf practice field in order to prepare for playing on both surfaces. It's a smart move. Nothing to worry about fellas!
Originally posted by 49erman:
The Niners have a grass practice field and a turf practice field in order to prepare for playing on both surfaces. It's a smart move. Nothing to worry about fellas!

I didnt kno that, thanks for the info!
Share 49ersWebzone