LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

49ERS new Turf???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was on the Offical site looking around, and on the stadium page i stumbled onto a link that said some company name(Sportexe) and it said the proud provider of artificial turf of the San Francisco 49ers........is this some sick joke?????
  • dj43
It could be the turf on the practice field. No way they put turf in the 'stick.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
I was on the Offical site looking around, and on the stadium page i stumbled onto a link that said some company name(Sportexe) and it said the proud provider of artificial turf of the San Francisco 49ers........is this some sick joke?????
the Niners having business partners & sponsors?!

OMG 2012

I would have no problem with that. I think it would be cool to have an open stadium with turf. They do make that stuff alot better now.
I thought they were still not sure of the type of field.
Originally posted by dj43:
It could be the turf on the practice field. No way they put turf in the 'stick.

hopefully they returffed their practice field. After Morgan got a staff infection last year you need to make sure your turf is clean. IF not than free agents around the league will look down on your organization. Plus Jed is remodeling most of the practice / headquarters.
I thought this was the stuff on the practice field
I wonder if Martz will call the Niners advertising his services again if they switch to turf...
They also use artificial turf in other areas...not just on the gameday field.....for some running areas, drill areas etc...
I just hope we keep wit the natural turf! Astroturf hurts players more they get caught up in the fake turk n that blows! Positive for it though is the speed! But that goes the same for our opponites!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
too funny

Originally posted by frankie:
I just hope we keep wit the natural turf! Astroturf hurts players more they get caught up in the fake turk n that blows! Positive for it though is the speed! But that goes the same for our opponites!

no team is ever going to switch to, or have a new stadium using Astroturf
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by frankie:

no team is ever going to switch to, or have a new stadium using Astroturf

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Wow it has been a long wk! Well artificial turf! The day they use astroturf is a sad sad day for the nfl!
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I wonder if Martz will call the Niners advertising his services again if they switch to turf...

Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I would have no problem with that. I think it would be cool to have an open stadium with turf. They do make that stuff alot better now.
I thought they were still not sure of the type of field.

If you can grow grass, the game should be on grass.

Period.
I much prefer natural grass, but the artificial turf today is much better than the old astro turf rugs - both to play on and to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone