There are 224 users in the forums

Crabtree Falls Behind = Brandon Jones as Starter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have a feeling this will all be over sooner than we think. Crabtree wants to play football, not more video games.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I have a feeling this will all be over sooner than we think. Crabtree wants to play football, not more video games.

I think so too he's talked the talk but hasnt walked anything yet since college and I mean hes done NOTHING hes gunna be hungry
I think the initial tell tale sign of him being a 'diva' was when:
Quote:

Singletary said he was taken aback when he met with Crabtree recently. He asked Crabtree about any hobbies, and Crabtree responded that he has a passion for fashion.

“And I’m looking at him, so I said, ‘Wait a minute, hold on. Fashion? How can this . . . what do you mean fashion?’” Singletary said. “He kind of broke it down a little bit. But he’s really into clothes.”

F*CKING FASHION

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
I think the initial tell tale sign of him being a 'diva' was when:
Quote:

Singletary said he was taken aback when he met with Crabtree recently. He asked Crabtree about any hobbies, and Crabtree responded that he has a passion for fashion.

“And I’m looking at him, so I said, ‘Wait a minute, hold on. Fashion? How can this . . . what do you mean fashion?’” Singletary said. “He kind of broke it down a little bit. But he’s really into clothes.”

F*CKING FASHION

I did not know that being fashionable was a crime. Jerry Rice believed in looking good to play good so does that mean Jerry was a diva ?

Quote:
DP: Pregame ritual. The oddest thing you do before a game.
JR: Probably, right before the game, you know, my uniform has to fit a certain way. Very, very neat, and everything has to be tucked in.
DP: And if it's not?
JR: I'm not going to have a good day. You know, the funny thing is, the equipment guys, they have your pants already out. And if I'm having one of those days where, you know, things are just not really fitting the way they should, I might try on, maybe, four or five pair of pants before I decide on one.
DP: This isn't a fashion show, Jerry -- it's a football game.
JR: But, hey, if you look good, you play good.
DP: Do you honestly believe that?
JR: Yes, I do. And another thing I believe -- if you practice good, you play good on Sundays.
Rookie WR historically do not make much of an impact the first year. In all likelihood Crabtree this year would be no higher then 4th or 5th on the WR depth chart by mid season. It would be great to get him in camp and learning the system but he will not win or lose us games this year based on if he holds out or not.

Even the great Jerry Rice was a non-factor his first year. Jerry himself admitted that he sucked due to all the dropped balls, running wrong routes, etc.. I remember watching him his first season and many of us (including myself) wondered what Walsh saw in the guy. Lucky for us Walsh did not consult the 49er fan base when deciding to draft Jerry Rice. We would have all said let Dallas have him.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by hklar17:
as its been stated many times before here, dont look for crabtree to make a huge difference especially with this hold out, he is already behind and this only makes matters worse. so how does the depth chart look w/o crabs?

maybe something like this??

morgan
bruce
jones
hill
battle
zeigler
my projection w/ crabtree after the final 53 man roster cut:

bruce
morgan
hill
jones
crabtree
ziegler
spurlock (ps)
battle (cut)

I don't see Battle getting cut in lue of Ziegler
jones couldn't have come back at a better time. we could use all the help we can get against the viks this week !
Its nice to have a WR like Jones coming in. He is hungry and anxious to prove his worth.
Originally posted by fister30:
Its nice to have a WR like Jones coming in. He is hungry and anxious to prove his worth.

Yeah I agree ------ but all of our WR's need to step it up now.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

I think the key here is that they get given the chance to step up!

Originally posted by Stuuk:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

I think the key here is that they get given the chance to step up!

I have confidence in Jones, but Hill will have to start actually throwing to his receivers before any of them can be of benefit and Jones hasn't had the opportunity yet, to establish any rapport with Shaun. It'll take time.
oh man to look back at what we went through
LOL I forgot about this doot Brandon Jones, what a scrub he turned out to be lulz
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL I forgot about this doot Brandon Jones, what a scrub he turned out to be lulz

Lmao people freaked out over Crabs being into fashion
Share 49ersWebzone