There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Falls Behind = Brandon Jones as Starter?

Originally posted by King49er:
"Multiple league sources" tell Profootballtalk.com that the agent for Michael Crabtree hasn't even made a contract proposal to the 49ers yet.
This, with Niners rookies scheduled to report Tuesday. PFT passes along a "theory" making the rounds that Crabtree's foot isn't healed, so agent Eugene Parker is stalling on his client's behalf. Either way, the likely holdout and injury are enough to make Crabtree an undesirable fantasy pick at this point.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
he shouldn't be in any fantasy football discussion whatsoever at this point lol
Originally posted by billybonka:
"Multiple league sources" tell Profootballtalk.com that the agent for Michael Crabtree hasn't even made a contract proposal to the 49ers yet.
This, with Niners rookies scheduled to report Tuesday. PFT passes along a "theory" making the rounds that Crabtree's foot isn't healed, so agent Eugene Parker is stalling on his client's behalf. Either way, the likely holdout and injury are enough to make Crabtree an undesirable fantasy pick at this point.
he shouldn't be in any fantasy football discussion whatsoever at this point lol

exactly lol
Nah jones wont start. itll be morgan and bruce whether crab holds out or not. jones has a better shot at the 3rd wr spot though.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by frankie:

Wow this is def news, im curious if he hasn't healed on time? Is it due to him practicing and running when he is suppose to be rehabbing? Sing did have to tell the man to chill a bit during practice drills! I hope he aint a premadonna, he hasn't shown anything yet. But he will be a gamer tho. Better yet he will be a niner. He needs to sign that damn line lol

Best idea was one I saw someone else post in another thread. He should sign a contract worth less than Darrius Heyward Bay, like pick 8-10 type of money. Then load his contract with all kinds of incentives to make it a pick 3-5 contract if he gets, say, 10 touchdowns and over 800 yards and 60 receptions. Not likely, but at least this will give him some motivation to get his ass into training camp.

Brilliant! I like this idea a lot! Just as long as the incentives don't make em the fitz contract of the decade! That s**ts just ludacris lol!
Love the motivation side of it as well. Good motivation aint never hurt anybody!

except rahaun woods! It virtually killed em and sent em to his boat! It did get us sammy davis tho lol

On that note I 100% agree with ya. But if it his injury, nah either way the incentives work! I like it
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Nah jones wont start. itll be morgan and bruce whether crab holds out or not. jones has a better shot at the 3rd wr spot though.

Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball!

See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk
Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball! See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk

yea i kinda had that opinion of jones anyway, that hes a good slot guy. good to know though bro.
Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball! See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk

yea i kinda had that opinion of jones anyway, that hes a good slot guy. good to know though bro.

Yeah I was kinda wondering as well also. The contract we gave em! Bruce, morgan, hill, and the drafting of crabs, well to be honest made me wonder how it would all play out! On that note we have a lot of depth at the position. Which I can honestly say isn't a bad thing bro. How ya been man
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Crabtree was ALREADY behind Brandon Jones dude. This isn't even a question. Jones is an NFL vet who was in mini-camp. Crabtree is a talented rook who has yet to practice with the team at any position.

-9fA
Yea i agree frankie, the one thing having that much depth at the position ensures is we should be able to get quality play from that position whether we face injuries, fa departure, and retirement. its also nice that most of them are young athletes with surehands.

i been pretty good btw, you?
Not a big deal to me yet. Crabtree needs all the rest he can get to heal his foot. Its not uncommon for players to hold-out in training camp. Its a business.

Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball!

See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk

I can't wait for this to get started already
Bruce and Morgan

cosigned. I remember reading something an article on the zone about how Crabtree would fill the slot in a 3 or more WR set. The receiver most impacted by his selection was Jason Hill. Im pretty sure, even if the deal gets done, Crabtree isnt a starter early on.
I have been watching Jones play on NFLN's instant replay and from what I have seen he looks a promising WR. Although his opportunities were few, he made the best of each and every one of them.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by hklar17:
as its been stated many times before here, dont look for crabtree to make a huge difference especially with this hold out, he is already behind and this only makes matters worse. so how does the depth chart look w/o crabs?

maybe something like this??

morgan
bruce
jones
hill
battle
zeigler
my projection w/ crabtree after the final 53 man roster cut:

bruce
morgan
hill
jones
crabtree
ziegler
spurlock (ps)
battle (cut)

You should probably avoid making predictions after what you said about JTO last year....BTW we await your presence in the JTO thread in NFL talk as we have your plate of crow ready