LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Every Year there is a suprise cut. Who will it be this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Every Year there is a suprise cut. Who will it be this year?

• Hopper
  • Veteran
We need all the CB depth we can use, Spencer won't be cut.

[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 29, 2009 at 10:10:03 ]
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
QUESTION: If 45% of the zone thinks Battle will be cut, and he does get cut, DOESN"T THAT MEAN ITS NO LONGER A SURPRISE????

That is deep.

no that's common sense.
Originally posted by Fhysical:
It wouldn't be much of a surprise if we discuss the surprise cut.

Good observation, and Great Name!
Marvel Smith....

he might get hurt (dont know if u can cut a guy hurt)
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The only one that would be somewhat surprising is Battle, and that's only to the people on this forum. When the news hits the league, most people will not even know who the hell Battle is so it's not going to surprise anyone else.

I'd be surprised if Spencer got cut.

Very surprised.

Yeah I just skimmed thru the list and I must have missed his name.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
All of them have a good chance of being cut.

-9fA

very true. any suprised cut would be anyone not on that list.
Mike Nolan?
Ray McDonald - can someone PLEASE tell me why he opted for surgery THIS year. He was drafted with a bum knee and opted not to do surgery to which he got all of, what, 8 snaps the whole year anyways. 3 years later he has the surgery? Was that HIS choice or the organizations? What a waste of time and development. I remember posting back then that he should have his surgery and get it over with, put him on IR, learn the defense and then come back which also would free up a roster spot for depth on the d-line. Anyone?
Battle has been good in the past but due to age, payroll and injuries I don't see him making the team this year.

If Ziegler and Battle are even Ziegler wins because he is younger and more cap friendly
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Battle has been good in the past but due to age, payroll and injuries I don't see him making the team this year.

If Ziegler and Battle are even Ziegler wins because he is younger and more cap friendly

and runs better routes, has better hands and less injury prone.

Battle would not be a surprise cut. He should have been gone a few years ago.
Take it all the way to the bank, because barring injury, there is no was Ziegler beats him out.

Arnaz is solid in all aspects, good route runner, elite blocker for the WR position, good hands , and can be a valuable special team player.

IMO Arnaz Battle will be a key contributor for the 2009 49ers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Actually both Battle and Zeigler could be gone. I'm thinking we only keep 5 receivers.
Don't go Battle don't go
I love the way this guy plays....nothing brings him down, nd he gives it 100% every down
Share 49ersWebzone