LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 187 users in the forums

Every Year there is a suprise cut. Who will it be this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Every Year there is a suprise cut. Who will it be this year?

Crabtree. Oh wait we haven't signed him yet.

Seriously I think Battle is on his way out. Love him but its time.
Originally posted by Fhysical:
It wouldn't be much of a surprise if we discuss the surprise cut.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by Hopper:
nice knowing you battle.

Every yr and I mean every yr this man is the under dog! He has constantly fought the hard fight to make the team! This yr he has a grip of talent to beat for a spot! Ya might be right ya might be wrong. Time will tell. He has beat the odds before. But the odds are more against em now then ever

What are you talking about man? Battle has never been the underdog of our WRs. He has been the best out of a bunch of nobodies for years! Now that we actually have some talent at WR he is clearly the underdog, but don't act like that's been going on for years. He was considered our #2 receiver all the way up until last season! So I have no idea where you got this underdog stuff from

I know this what ya say is 100% true! But every yr the webzone makes em the underdog. Every yr he get defended and he proves the haters wrong. Yes this is the first yr he has actually been threatened for his spot on the roster! Last yr we had bruce, johnson, hill, morgan. People saying he was gettin cut cause the signing of johnson n co. This year is no different except we are more deep in the talent level of wideout!

As I said I agree wit ya 100% he has been a plus for us when healthy. He is one of the best blocking wr's in the game. And shown some clutch times for us when it counted!

Actually, the Webzone used to have a huge man-crush on Battle up until last season. He was highly overrated on this forum. So he was never made the underdog, not even on this forum, up until last season. And let's not forget that we didn't know what we had in Morgan and Hill at the start of last season. Now that we have a better understanding of their capabilities, it's clear they are better than Arnaz Battle and he deserves to have to fight for his roster spot.

Also, Battle is NOT one of the best blocking receivers in the league, sorry. Just because he was better than anyone we had doesn't make him one of the best in the league. Have you ever seen Terrell Owens block downfield? How about Hines Ward? THOSE guys are some of the best blocking WRs and Battle is not even close to being on their level.

Ok maybe not a huge under dog the past few! Last yr yes! Yrs before a few was saying we need to dump battle yada yada yada! Wrong choice of words! Yes mr terrel owens and hines ward are argueably the 2 best imo, battle is far behind but his blocking skills are not only best on our team but I can't think of many that are better then battles imo at least! I happen to like battle a lot, he does have his flaws of course. Aint the fastest, ijured to often. But it just always seems that ok maybe not the whole board and I admit that aint much true, but a few count em out and write paragraph after paragraph preaching why the next new guy will dethrone him! And well battle proves em wrong!
Battle it is. Were finally deep at the WR position. Thanks Arnez its been real
Can't be Moore because he's never played a down in the NFL
The only one that would be somewhat surprising is Battle, and that's only to the people on this forum. When the news hits the league, most people will not even know who the hell Battle is so it's not going to surprise anyone else.

I'd be surprised if Spencer got cut.
Originally posted by BHulman:
The only one that would be somewhat surprising is Battle, and that's only to the people on this forum. When the news hits the league, most people will not even know who the hell Battle is so it's not going to surprise anyone else.

Originally posted by BHulman:

Very surprised.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The only surprise up there would be Shawntae Spencer. Would also be a dumb move if hes healthy, with the little depth we have at that position. Besides, Spencer would be a solid 3rd or 4th CB.

Arnaz Battle (although I love the guy), he would actually be a surprise to make the roster. Hes almost certain to be cut, due to the depth and money invested at the top of this position. We can almost count on the depth at WR looking like this:

Bruce
Morgan
Jones
Crabtree
Hill

I doubt keeping 6 receivers would be necessary for this offense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Don't see how we can cut Spencer or Hudson with Walt gone. We need 5 CBs considering Spencer is injury-prone.

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Crabtree. Oh wait we haven't signed him yet.

Seriously I think Battle is on his way out. Love him but its time.

I second that.
Battle and Spencer. Losing Battle is gonna suck. Battle was constantly making plays whenever he had the opportunity and I am gonna miss him.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If Ray Mac is injured, cutting him would be. . . problematic.

are you allowed to be reasonable in Niner Talk?
QUESTION: If 45% of the zone thinks Battle will be cut, and he does get cut, DOESN"T THAT MEAN ITS NO LONGER A SURPRISE????
Originally posted by global_nomad:
QUESTION: If 45% of the zone thinks Battle will be cut, and he does get cut, DOESN"T THAT MEAN ITS NO LONGER A SURPRISE????

That is deep.
Share 49ersWebzone