LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

Niner moments from last year that gave face palm reactions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I distinctively remember in one game, a female reporter ask Coach Sing about his mentor. While, she was speaking I slap my hand into my face and said Really!? So I figured I ask and see if there were any others that felt that way or about anything from last season. That made you have to face palm after witnessing things of that nature. (Hey there is still a bit of time before training camp. So, why not.)

The defensive scheme that Nolan ran against the Seahawks made me face palm.

The team was scrambling for WR so what do we do? Go with some conservative pass coverage defense and get ran all over and not go hard after Hassleback than barely win in OT. Can't wait to see how that defense of yours shapes up in Denver Mike.........
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for ramanz16.
Never seem that clip, that's pretty funny.

My most frustrating moment last season (outside the 2nd AZ game) was the Eagles game on O'Sullivan's last interception to seal Philly's victory. Not only did the game confirm Martz wasn't our guy, it also confirmed we had put way too much faith in a flash in the pan QB.

To add to the frustration, the guy I was going against in my fantasy league had the Eagles defense, and that play was what allowed him to defeat me.

[ Edited by manzano16 on Jul 25, 2009 at 05:25:13 ]
Great thread. When JT O´Suckivan threw two interceptions in the endzone on consecutive drives against the Saints. That hurt. Rubbish!!!!
But this one hurts the most.......With more than 30 seconds remaining in the game, Mike Martz sent on the goal line team before Hill could spike the ball, thus wasting TONS of time. We would have had at the very least, one more play in that game against the Cardinals. And lets not forget, he gave the ball to Michael Robinson.....Thats a WTF moment. I sat in my seat at the stadium with my face in my hands for a very long time. Screw you Martz!!!!!
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
I never saw that clip, what an idiotic interview by the reporter.

I'd have to say that my biggest face-palm reaction occurred during Mike Singletary's debut as a head coach against Arizona. With the team catching fire early, we had an excellent chance to win the game.

Then the miscommunication led to the infamous QB sneak from a couple of yards away. I was so disappointed that I went cold and couldn't even yell like I usually do.

Wow. Now I'm depressed.

Great thread though! haha. Something different.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
But this one hurts the most.......With more than 30 seconds remaining in the game, Mike Martz sent on the goal line team before Hill could spike the ball, thus wasting TONS of time. We would have had at the very least, one more play in that game against the Cardinals. And lets not forget, he gave the ball to Michael Robinson.....Thats a WTF moment. I sat in my seat at the stadium with my face in my hands for a very long time. Screw you Martz!!!!!

Damn it, you made me face palm again! That WAS painful. Thanks for making me re-live it.
Being up by 9 in the 4th quarter at home and losing by 14 f**k&#g points. This is the first time I moved my hands away from my face since the game.
Gore being short of the endzone on the supposed 'tackle' @ Arizona on MNF

Martz standing way off to the side and down field from the action as usual, while calling the wrong play in the closing minutes of the Cards game because he thought we were closer to the goal line. A complete screw up completely on Martz.
Originally posted by NFSB86:
I distinctively remember in one game, a female reporter ask Coach Sing about his mentor. While, she was speaking I slap my hand into my face and said Really!? So I figured I ask and see if there were any others that felt that way or about anything from last season. That made you have to face palm after witnessing things of that nature. (Hey there is still a bit of time before training camp. So, why not.)

Never seen that before, holy crap that would have been awkward. What a moron, and the worst part is she was probably told to say ask that by some even bigger moron behind the scenes.
Nowin's use of the Whiteboard on the sidelines to the Defense
Nolan weaing his suit and tie while trying to understand his wrist watch while we should be calling a time out or challenging a play.
The big nickle package ran all day long for the first half of the season! The fact nolan showed no faith in the players we had on the team. That bend don't break mentality, along with a strong aggressive offensive attack don't co exist! Ya have to force the opposition into making mistakes. Cause our high risk hi reward offense gives the opposition plenty of chances as well! Poor poor denver! Nolan will have influence on defensive players im sure they draft. But in reality that's all he was good for. Was aquiring free agents. I don't see that very hard when ya throw on a suit and toss boat loads of loot at a player. Makes the meeting much better id say! But hey better the broncs then us huh
Share 49ersWebzone