LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Jerry Rice..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Can't remember which guy said this but he basically made the statement, "Was it his hands or was it the fact the Rice had Young and Montana puting the ball into his hands?"

He went on to ask, "Wonder how good Rice would have been with different quartbacks?".

REALLY???? WOW!!!! and how much do these guys get paid to come up with this load of crap?
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
I think it was the TD record against the Raiders. The whole world knew that Young was going to throw it to Rice, there were like five defenders on Rice in the endzone, Rice went up and took it from all of them.

Man, JR was in a league all his own. There is no comparison to anybody and there never will be.
I dont care what they said about Rice they're wrong. What burns me up is the Larry Fitz ranking. Didn't they rank him 4th...? WTF. No Way, he is getting way too many props too early in his career, just like that one dude said on the program.

Besides, what about my boy BLoyd?....I kid, I kid!
blasphemy!
The simple fact is that Rice OWNS just about every single season and career record that matters. Only Owens has the most receptions in a game. A game that featured RICE no less.

And that he put those numbers up with solid as well as ho hum QBs' says alot about what he did on the field.

The argument of "let's see him put those numbers up with a Tim Couch or Cade McNown type" is a load of crap. He didn't choose who threw the ball to him so until some SoB can beat his numbers with inferior QB talent throwing them the fareakin ball, Rice is and ALWAYS will be the GOAT.

Truck those fools.

~Ceadder
The only real question mark concerning Jerry Rice is whether he was the greatest football player ever, because there simply isn't a worthy argument against him being easily the greatest wide receiver to have ever laced them up.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The simple fact is that Rice OWNS just about every single season and career record that matters. Only Owens has the most receptions in a game. A game that featured RICE no less.

And that he put those numbers up with solid as well as ho hum QBs' says alot about what he did on the field.

The argument of "let's see him put those numbers up with a Tim Couch or Cade McNown type" is a load of crap. He didn't choose who threw the ball to him so until some SoB can beat his numbers with inferior QB talent throwing them the fareakin ball, Rice is and ALWAYS will be the GOAT.

Truck those fools.

~Ceadder

Absolutely.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The only real question mark concerning Jerry Rice is whether he was the greatest football player ever, because there simply isn't a worthy argument against him being easily the greatest wide receiver to have ever laced them up.

I say yes. There was a time when the only football player close to him in the amount of records owned was Dan Marino, and Rice was up 22 to 33. Rice set several more before he was done.

Numbers and stats don't lie. He affected how team's defenses prepared, and everytime, I mean everytime the ball touched his hands, he was a threat to take it to the house.

He was durable, unstoppable and always dependable. If there is a greater player, name him.
Can't remember which guy said this but he basically made the statement, "Was it his hands or was it the fact the Rice had Young and Montana puting the ball into his hands?"

He went on to ask, "Wonder how good Rice would have been with different quartbacks?".

If I remember right rice played damn good wit steve bono and elvis grbac. Hell he even had jim druckenmiller for a qb for a game! Lol don't remember if rice caught a td in that game tho! Rice is the all time best. Carter was good and same wit the formentioned. But rice was just amazing, for almost 20 yrs at that!

• titan
  • Veteran
Jerry Rice! Enough said. NFL Network HATERS!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by zozell:
They probably woulda put Brandon Lloyd on the list before Jerry for these 2... but realized that he was a Niner too...

He had some crazy hands... but thats all he was good for.

Crazy hands and alligator arms.
Originally posted by frankie:

If I remember right rice played damn good wit steve bono and elvis grbac. Hell he even had jim druckenmiller for a qb for a game! Lol don't remember if rice caught a td in that game tho! Rice is the all time best. Carter was good and same wit the formentioned. But rice was just amazing, for almost 20 yrs at that!

Don't foget a good portion of a whole season with Jeff Kemp!
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by frankie:

Don't foget a good portion of a whole season with Jeff Kemp!

Yup garcia, and ty detmer as well. Don't remember detmer playing much tho
Had to put the white guys on the list ahead of him. Probably call them "smarter" players also. Call the "colored" players freaks of nature because they want you to think a black man is born with the gift and doesnt have to work at anything and a white player has to work and study the game. Jerry had top3 hands! Jerry was the best route runner ever! Jerry was one the hardest workers ever! Jerry was the smartest WR ever! Jerry was the best WR ever! But you cant just make a best WR poll because its automatic Jerry is #1
Share 49ersWebzone