LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Jerry Rice..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Can't remember which guy said this but he basically made the statement, "Was it his hands or was it the fact the Rice had Young and Montana puting the ball into his hands?"

He went on to ask, "Wonder how good Rice would have been with different quartbacks?".

There always has to be some lame excuse.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Can't remember which guy said this but he basically made the statement, "Was it his hands or was it the fact the Rice had Young and Montana puting the ball into his hands?"

He went on to ask, "Wonder how good Rice would have been with different quartbacks?".

This.

Most agreed that he should have been #1 best hands. I remember watching him for, it seem like years, without dropping passes.
JERRY RICE ...............GREATEST OF ALL TIME..........
..just named as the 7th best hands in history of NFL. Just saw this on Inside the NFL. I call Bullsh*t.

Now they did say was the best receiver ever (We know that) but 7th is just bull. I've watched Rice his whole career and I can't remember him dropping more than 2 or 3 passess (Except for rookie season).

They put Largent, Beletnikoff (Spelling, and he used "stick'm"), Fitzgerald ahead of Rice?.. come on man.

Of course he is 7th. He is a 9er. If he'd have been in the NFCEast or played for the Pats he would have been ranked #1. But he was a 9er.

How many Dynasty 9ers are in the HoF?

How many RIGHTFULLY should be? Even Eddie D has been excluded. Al Davis seems to think there is a conspiracy against the Faders? Well he has the conspiracy part right. Just the wrong geographical location.

East Coast bias at it's finest.

~Ceadder

Most agreed that he should have been #1 best hands. I remember watching him for, it seem like years, without dropping passes.

Did Cris Carter make the list? I think that he had the 2nd best hands of all time both these guys caught passes that the others would have dropped imho.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Did Cris Carter make the list? I think that he had the 2nd best hands of all time both these guys caught passes that the others would have dropped imho.

~Ceadder

They had him at #1. According to them, he caught more one-handed catches than anyone.

~Ceadder

They had him at #1. According to them, he caught more one-handed catches than anyone.

I bet Carter would've deferred to Rice were he asked how he felt about the "list".

Carter knows about idiot writers and "lists"

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

okay. i would be allright with a ew players, like carter, andre reed, etc being higher, but larry fitzgerald? are you serious?
GREATEST OF ALL TIME FOR A REASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

~Ceadder

okay. i would be allright with a ew players, like carter, andre reed, etc being higher, but larry fitzgerald? are you serious?

Yeah, I think it's a little early to be crowning him, too. If he keeps up the production for another couple seasons, though, it'd be hard to argue.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Gannon, Young, Rice, Garbac, Bono, Garcia, and Montana.

f**k the NFLN

[ Edited by GEEK on Jul 25, 2009 at 07:22:25 ]
  • NinersPC
  • Info N/A
Wow, considering the ability to catch the ball is so vital to a receiver's success, it almost seems contradictory to say Rice is the greatest WR of all time but has only the 7th best hands? I would say the leader in career receptions should be placed a little bit higher than 7th. The proof is in the pudding.

Its like saying the greatest QB of of all time (Montana) is marginally accurate on his throws.
They said Carter had more one-hand catches than anyone. If I remember correctly, Rice had a sh*t-load of one handers. Wow, just wow.

Well to be fair, Montana and Young through the ball accurately. I mean the ball hit him in the hand"S" but still the list is crap!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
there is such incredible niner biased it's unbelievable. f**k them. i don't understand how people are STILL bitter we were the s**t for like 15 - 20 years. get over it. and the thing that pisses me off the most is that in ANY highlight of a team on ESPN, there's almost ALWAYS a f**king niner lowlight as one of them. like the other night they showed Dallas and TWO of their 3 highlights were sacks of shaun hill. it's like, really? we played them ONCE and there are no other highlights of the teams they played?! f**king bulls**t. sorry for the rant but that s**t gets under my skin.

edit: and JR is and most likely will be the best receiver ever. no matter what. f**k that list.

No need to worry bro, we know and that's all that matters, we know Jerry was the absolute best and the records speak for themselves
Share 49ersWebzone