There are 223 users in the forums

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

• DJD
  • Veteran
Selfishly I'm all for Santa Clara, I being from the Santa Cruz area. Heck I may even get season tickets.

Beyond that the stick is joke. It takes literally ALL DAY to get in and out of there to watch a game for pretty much everybody. I don't see how hunters point will change the traffic problems without mountains of road in mass transit infrastructure investments. I just seems like a posturing pipe dream. The city is a major force around here they have the horsepower to have done something, they just don't have the will.

The Yorks may not be masters of football but they are pretty successful at development, you better believe they are going for the path of success on this one rather that futility. The whole concept of moving to the south bay tells us all that they are dead set on making the new stadium actually happen.
Imma traditional guy, so #1 is my preferred choice, but 3 would be the next best!!
I have said it many many times I don't want the niners leaving san fran! But in this case it looks to where we have no choice! On that note they should remain the san francisco 49ers! Hey dallas doesn't play in dallas! And no we should note be the cowboys, im against the name change
Originally posted by frankie:
I have said it many many times I don't want the niners leaving san fran! But in this case it looks to where we have no choice! On that note they should remain the san francisco 49ers! Hey dallas doesn't play in dallas! And no we should note be the cowboys, im against the name change

There has never been, nor was there ever going to be a name change. The SF was still going to be on the helmet.

The only people talking about a name change was the City of San Francisco when they mentioned suing the team.

I can guarentee you that ifwhen the stadium gets built in Santa Clara, they will remain the San Francisco 49ers.
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
San Francisco is in a central location, by moving the stadium to South Bay it is good for South Bay fans. If you live north of the GG Bridge, say San Rafael or Santa Rosa, you are screwed. If you live in the East Bay you are screwed, if you live in SF, SSF, Daly City you are screwed. Who cares if there is easy parking, there is easy parking in the Stockton, why not move there?

In addition to the comments above, I think tradition means something to the 49ers. I live near Kesar stadium and my family has been going to games for much longer than I've been alive. They are the San Francisco 49ers. Santa Clara may be the easy route to a stadium, but in my experience the easy way is usually not the best way. Working though the crap and getting it done correctly is the way a real person, or a real organization should function. The 49ers used to be that, hopefully the younger York will realize this and buckle down.

It kind of reminds of the Fillmore district here in San Francisco. It used to be beautiful with big trees, large old victorian buildings, jazz clubs, and all kinds of stuff. Well it was dangerous, and the buidings required work, and the decision was made to knock it all down and start over with something cleaner and modern. Now you walk down there and it is 70's buildings and borning strip-mall crap. It was easier to build new buildings, easier to clean up the place when you go in there with a wrecking ball. Looking back, I don't know anyone who would have repeated that. San Francisco lost a beautiful and traditional part of its city. The buildings would have been cleaned up and preserved, and their would have been a feeling of heritage. I feel the 49ers organization and the Bay Area would be making the same mistake by moving the team to Santa Clara, no matter how nice the stadium might be.
[ Edited by KasparHauser on Jul 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by frankie:

There has never been, nor was there ever going to be a name change. The SF was still going to be on the helmet.

The only people talking about a name change was the City of San Francisco when they mentioned suing the team.

I can guarentee you that ifwhen the stadium gets built in Santa Clara, they will remain the San Francisco 49ers.

Good! That's the way it needs to be!
Stay in SF! In fact move up to San Rafael or Santa Rosa!! WOohooo! The further south, the further drive + traffic + PAIN IN THE ASS!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.

how does this make sense..........

It dosent, but how many people on here do?
  • Happs
  • Veteran

I'm looking forward to Playing 18 across the street before the games!

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
This is a dumb question. A better question would have been SF or LA, or SF or Siberia.

Since the a**hol** who run San Francisco can do nothing better than watch them leave in favor of an at best .500 baseball team, what's wrong with having the stadium closer to the fan base.

f**k LA. And I live in Orange County. Moving the team to the LA area would cause me to ultimately renounce my fandom to this franchise.
That's my point. San Francisco to Santa Clara is not even an issue. SF to LA or somewhere else would be.

My point is that the Board of Stupidvisors in San Francisco and the Mayor haven't done much to entice the 49ers who have won 5 superbowls, but catered to a .500 baseball team.
I can honestly believe that the 49ers could be bluffing to get a better deal out of SF. But if they are, they're sure making a good showing of it.
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
if you live in SF, SSF, Daly City you are screwed

How would you be screwed? All those cities are 45 minutes from Santa Clara - tops. It takes more than 45 minutes to LEAVE Candlestick.

I do agree the Niners should stay in San Francisco.. Unfortunately, there is not a good argument in it's favor besides "tradition" and scenery.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I can honestly believe that the 49ers could be bluffing to get a better deal out of SF.

You know, I was hoping the same thing.
Share 49ersWebzone