LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

I didn't see a poll out there to see what the general opinion on the idea of the Niners relocating to Santa Clara. Now that the move has picked up some steam, we're seeing more and more opposition from the City of San Francisco and others to somehow stop the move.

It brings me back to when the SF Giants were seriously considering a move to Tampa Bay in the mid nineties. I could have sworn Tampa Bay was all but a done deal until Magowan came to the rescue.

Santa Clara almost seems to be a done deal at this point as well. It makes me wonder where this pouring support to keep the team in SF was a couple of years ago.

My preference would be to keep them in SF. I'm a hard core SF fan in general. I wouldn't dislike the team anymore or less if they moved to Santa Clara, as long as they keep SF as their namesake. Where do you stand on this likely move?
in for overwhelming landslide option #3 results
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
In a perfect world they should be kept in SF. However due to the incompetence of the city and the team THEY JUST NEED TO BUILD THE GOD DAMN STADIUM ALREADY.
also, Gavin "Raider Fan" Newsom has given me good reason to bring them to a new stadium in Santa Clara

f*cking chump
Originally posted by susweel:
In a perfect world they should be kept in SF. However due to the incompetence of the city and the team THEY JUST NEED TO BUILD THE GOD DAMN STADIUM ALREADY.

Amen!
It kinda sucks it takes so long to build the stadium. I'm stoked about them playing on a new field in a new stadium.

seriously. i mean have you looked at their rank in forbes list of richest NFL teams?

Couldn't have put any better!!

If we wait for the City and the Hunter's Point plan it would take another 10 years.
I say Santa Clara. From everything I've read, the Santa Clara site has better access and availibility to public transit. Although I'm sure that means more to me than most of you! Plus, I understand the 49ers side of it. This site is convenient for them because its right across the street from 49ers HQs, and who knows how long it would take for the 49ers to get a new stadium built in the City of San Francisco? Lets face it, the city hasn't exactly bent of backwacks to help the team! They sure don't seem to care very much. (only when its in their best interest.) They only seem to care about the name, but not the team!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Couldn't have put any better!!

If we wait for the City and the Hunter's Point plan it would take another 10 years.

I say Santa Clara just because it can actually happen. There is no way the city of SF could make it happen in less than a decade, and even that is wishful thinking.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anywhere in Bay Area is good for me (except Oakland, obviously) as long as they can get the stadium ready in next 5 years.
They both have an upside for me.

Santa Clara would be a much easier visit for me because I can take the VTA straight to the game. Also, I think it's become obvious that the Niners organization doesn't like dealing with the City of San Francisco, so if they can't work it out with The City, I'd rather have them relocate to Santa Clara than leave the Bay Area entirely. On the negative side, the Santa Clara site doesn't seem like much "fun" outside of the actual game. I'm not sure how tailgating will work out and after the game there won't be much to do.

San Francisco is where the team belongs, in my opinion. There's nothing like the attraction of "The City." The site would be much nicer, sitting on the water or at least somewhat near the water. Look how nice the damn Giants stadium is! Also, attending a Niner game in San Francisco is an all-day event for me. After the game, we head into the city and there are many, many things to do and see. On the downside, I'm thinking the Hunters Point location might be a traffic nightmare similar to Candlestick. It doesn't have freeway access (though I'm sure that can be worked out somhow).

In terms of which one the Niners would rather choose, it's obvious Santa Clara is their choice and they're not giving SF much thought. There's no guarantee Hunter's Point will even be ready by the time the Niners need to start building and on top of that, The City has no money to help fund the stadium and that's what the Niners are looking for.

All in all, I want them to stay in San Francisco, but since that doesn't look like a very good possibility, I don't mind Santa Clara. I still chose the option for them to remain in SF though.
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.
Share 49ersWebzone