There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Biggest Concern for the 2009 Season

Biggest Concern for the 2009 Season

• nekst
  • Info N/A
I was hoping to get an idea of what you think is the biggest concern for our team heading into the 2009 season.

I would say our pass rush is my biggest concern at this point.
Hopefully, either Smith or Hill will step-up and make the position theirs so we don't have to debate on a first round QB next year. Then they could use their 2 first round picks on other areas of need.
Had to vote for pass rush. More specifically, getting enough interior pressure to help our less than stellar outside rush.
All but Crabtree's foot.
All are serious concerns but I had to vote pass rush. I'm not expecting great things from the offense. I believe our season rests on the shoulders of the defense and our pass rush (or lack there of) will either win or lose games for us this year.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
All but Crabtree's foot.

This^^^

But in this order..

Marvel Smith's Health
Pass-Rush Ability
Quarterback Position
Walt Harris' Replacement
Michael Crabtree's Foot
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Will Brett come back or will he remain retired
Originally posted by Esco:
Will Brett come back or will he remain retired

Don't you belong at ESPN???
will niner talk threads get repetitive?
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

Of course they will. They always do...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

Of course they will. They always do...

Is Crabtree a bust?

Crabtree's signability will be a bigger issue than his foot.
Originally posted by nekst:
I was hoping to get an idea of what you think is the biggest concern for our team heading into the 2009 season.

I would say our pass rush is my biggest concern at this point.

w/o a doubt our biggest concern is our qb sit. W/o a passing game gore will still see 8 or 9 man fronts and our d can win games but not the whole season. Even tho Sing is talkin bout our rushin game being great i know he knws how important it is that the 9ers establish a passing attack early in the ssn. thats y if either smith or hill dont show up against the now average d of the cards i wouldnt b suprisd to see him switch qs after the first game, if not during. I know hes not overlooking m.c. him and morgan will split time and hopefully morgan can make a good slot or backup this ssn m.c. Will take morgans spot by midssn, he has talent and given theopp. he can have a moss likeookie season our dline will b good at best but we can still have a top 15 d w/ a mediocre dline if our secondary and offense are reliable.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Crabtree's signability will be a bigger issue than his foot.

Yeah, I agree Mad. It's 2 weeks before camp and only 2 first round picks have been signed(Stafford and Sanchez).
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
All but Crabtree's foot.

This^^^

But in this order..

Marvel Smith's Health
Pass-Rush Ability
Quarterback Position
Walt Harris' Replacement
Michael Crabtree's Foot

I think my order would be:

1a) QB Position
1b) Pass Rush Ability
2) Walt Harris' Replacement
3) Marvel Smith's Health

I'm honestly not even worried about Crabtree's foot.