Originally posted by volniner:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Uh. Probably not going to say.

Uh, probably because there is no one.

Ok man. But just so you know I'm not one of those die hard message board fans or just looking for someone to kiss my ass because I know someone. I have been a niner fan my entire life and got lucky and one of my best friends became a niner and that's great for me. I also just want to bring some accurate info to this board for people to discuss. Take my info however you want but if you can only criticize my posts then don't read the damn things.

Well, if you're gonna post stuff like that, saying that someone TOLD YOU that Alex is gonna be given the starting job, you're just asking for someone to call bulls**t. I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time.

PA9er is absolutely correct! If you are going to make a statement that you KNOW that Alex is going to be named the starter, then you should identify the source of your information, because by your statement you are saying that Mike Singletary is lying to everyone when he says no decision has yet been made.

Sing's entire character is based on telling it like it is, that is, telling the truth. If Sing had decided on Alex then he would say so. He is not another Mike Nolan, who lied through his teeth.

I trust Sing's character more than your unsubstantiated statement.

Question: since you seem to think you have insider's knowledge about this, would you be willing to bet against those of us who believe Hill will be named the starter?

I am a journalist. I look for independent corroboration of otherwise unsubstantiated claims. Your claim has not been echoed by anyone, anywhere. No leaks, no intimations, no suggestions from anyone that Alex has been anointed as the starter.

If Sing is who he appears to be (and I for one believe he is), then no decision has yet been made as to who will start, but Hill has the edge.

Like I said before, I am going to trust Sing over you.

Classic post my man. Journalist are the number one source of posting whatever bulls**t that gets them noticed. Nice.

...So you are a journalist too then??
Maiocco posted this on facebook: "Just to clarify, Mike Singletary wants to name 49ers starting QB after second exhibition game. It makes no sense to make decision any later."
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alburns:
Maiocco posted this on facebook: "Just to clarify, Mike Singletary wants to name 49ers starting QB after second exhibition game. It makes no sense to make decision any later."

The sooner the better.....
"Singletary to pick QB by third preseason game"

Unsure if it's a time to rejoice or feel sad. Really, we don't know who will start until late August? I think if we had 6 pre-season games, we wouldn't know until after the 5th.
This is a huge decision for McC and Sing. Much more important to choose the right QB over which gets more 1st team snaps. Besides, if Hill is everything some think he is, he will do just fine with limited snaps and less 1st team chemistry.
I just hope Smith starts against the Broncos haha.
Oh man, sounds like Hill is going to get screwed yet again.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:

How?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:

How?

I just mean he'll probably end up starting Smith instead of Hill.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Good news for Alex Smith. the more time he has to impress the better. He must really have to burn those second stringers when he gets in there.

Fixed and agreed.

-9fA

Im pretty sure he will get to play 1 game with and against the starters, but then again what the hell do I know.
But I do agree, it sounds good for Alex.
I hope they both can light it up.
I don't care who starts, as long as we win some goddamn football games
Originally posted by King49er:

Very well said, thank you....
Originally posted by PTulini:
Before or after the third game?

by the third game means before the third game
Originally posted by King49er:

X3

I just hope this is an honest competition. Equal reps for both. None of the BS we had last season. Where JTO got something like 75% of the time with the ones and everyone else got the left overs.

I'll be happy with whoever Coach picks as long as both get an equal shot. No stacking the deck in favor of one over the other.

Also gotta remember Nolan didn't re-run failed plays until they got em right. Not having that mentality may play into Hill's hands when it comes to the "poor practice" stigma.

But no matter who is selected to start I will support until they start throwing the game away. Until then slates are clean. May the best man win.
Share 49ersWebzone