LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Singletary to pick QB by third preseason game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anybody got an over under before this thread gets locked?
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by volniner:
Uh. Probably not going to say.

Uh, probably because there is no one.

Ok man. But just so you know I'm not one of those die hard message board fans or just looking for someone to kiss my ass because I know someone. I have been a niner fan my entire life and got lucky and one of my best friends became a niner and that's great for me. I also just want to bring some accurate info to this board for people to discuss. Take my info however you want but if you can only criticize my posts then don't read the damn things.

Well, if you're gonna post stuff like that, saying that someone TOLD YOU that Alex is gonna be given the starting job, you're just asking for someone to call bulls**t. I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time.

PA9er is absolutely correct! If you are going to make a statement that you KNOW that Alex is going to be named the starter, then you should identify the source of your information, because by your statement you are saying that Mike Singletary is lying to everyone when he says no decision has yet been made.

Sing's entire character is based on telling it like it is, that is, telling the truth. If Sing had decided on Alex then he would say so. He is not another Mike Nolan, who lied through his teeth.

I trust Sing's character more than your unsubstantiated statement.

Question: since you seem to think you have insider's knowledge about this, would you be willing to bet against those of us who believe Hill will be named the starter?

I am a journalist. I look for independent corroboration of otherwise unsubstantiated claims. Your claim has not been echoed by anyone, anywhere. No leaks, no intimations, no suggestions from anyone that Alex has been anointed as the starter.

If Sing is who he appears to be (and I for one believe he is), then no decision has yet been made as to who will start, but Hill has the edge.

Like I said before, I am going to trust Sing over you.

Classic post my man. Journalist are the number one source of posting whatever bulls**t that gets them noticed. Nice.

Ok man. But just so you know I'm not one of those die hard message board fans or just looking for someone to kiss my ass because I know someone. I have been a niner fan my entire life and got lucky and one of my best friends became a niner and that's great for me. I also just want to bring some accurate info to this board for people to discuss. Take my info however you want but if you can only criticize my posts then don't read the damn things.

Well, if you're gonna post stuff like that, saying that someone TOLD YOU that Alex is gonna be given the starting job, you're just asking for someone to call bulls**t. I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time.

PA9er is absolutely correct! If you are going to make a statement that you KNOW that Alex is going to be named the starter, then you should identify the source of your information, because by your statement you are saying that Mike Singletary is lying to everyone when he says no decision has yet been made.

Sing's entire character is based on telling it like it is, that is, telling the truth. If Sing had decided on Alex then he would say so. He is not another Mike Nolan, who lied through his teeth.

Question: since you seem to think you have insider's knowledge about this, would you be willing to bet against those of us who believe Hill will be named the starter?

I am a journalist. I look for independent corroboration of otherwise unsubstantiated claims. Your claim has not been echoed by anyone, anywhere. No leaks, no intimations, no suggestions from anyone that Alex has been anointed as the starter.

If Sing is who he appears to be (and I for one believe he is), then no decision has yet been made as to who will start, but Hill has the edge.

I think you guys are over reacting. Vol has a different perspective than the normal fan. Its his opinion that the organization would like Smith to start the season. But that shouldn't be news, its been well documented and printed that most of the higher ranking officials want Smith to start the question is when?

I makes perfect sense for them to put him in situations to be successful in the preseason so that when they pull the trigger on what they wanted all along (Smith) there is justification for them to do that.

Don't bag on him for his opinion, keep and open mind and see where his projection falls in the scheme of things.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM ]
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

Classic post my man. Journalist are the number one source of posting whatever bulls**t that gets them noticed. Nice.

Question for you Vol; grass or seats at Neyland??

I'm totally in agreement. What Vol is intimating is that Sing is like all the other bull$Hi! coaches who say one thing and mean another. I don't choose to believe that. Also, that the coaching staff would just hand the starting role to a guy who's coming back from injury and has only gone thru OTA's and minicamps and didn't look that good before? AND "regardless of his showing in TC and the preaseason? Wouldn't that make them complete morons? Sorry man, that "source" doesn't sound that reliable and may be just talking thru his a$$. Or, the coaches don't know their own a$$e$$ from a hole in the ground. I belive the job goes to the guy that shows the most by that 3rd game, just as Sing states. And if it' close, it should go to Hill 'cause he earned it with his performance last year, and it helped Mike get the job!
Originally posted by tn9er:

Seats for me my man. Section k. Season tix.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:

Seats for me my man. Section k. Season tix.

my wifes boss has seats and offers them to me at times..

Obviously you must be friends with a player!! Alot of people on here probably forgot that we have several players fron UT.
Yes we do have a couple from the big orange but my friend did not play college fball on rocky top.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Yes we do have a couple from the big orange but my friend did not play college fball on rocky top.

Enjoy your time out there, its nice in the bayarea. keep us up to date with whatever info you get. People on here can either take it or leave it.
I did find it interesting that Singletary kept downplaying the QB battle and mentioned the QB "evolving." Sounds like some preventive damage control, if you will, in case Smith is named the starter. I'd be really dissapointed if Smith was named the starter without doing extremely well in TC and pre season. This better not be a sham.

Always drama in the off season that's for sure.

Originally posted by Gore_Is_Beast:
If Shaun Hill is named the starter, he already has chemistry with every reciever we have except Crabtree.

If Alex is named the starter, than I might be somewhat worried.

But either way were still MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!

yes we are!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Ok. You are right. I'm just full of s**t. Feel better about yourself now.

vol you think you know? or you don't think Singletary will say much until the announcement?

I think it will be " played out " as a neck and neck battle and smith will be named starter.

Even if your best friend is named Smith or Hill I highly doubt the staff will tip their hand to ANY player.

Unless your friend's name is Jimmy Raye or coach Sing it's total speculation. Tell your friend thanks for his opinion.......
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM ]
If Singletary can't decide who our starting qb will be until after the 3rd preseason game then he shouldn't be the head coach. If we wanted a slow moving indecisive coach we could have kept Nolan.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
If Singletary can't decide who our starting qb will be until after the 3rd preseason game then he shouldn't be the head coach. If we wanted a slow moving indecisive coach we could have kept Nolan.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen
Originally posted by nflguy49:
this
Share 49ersWebzone