There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

After careful review, Crabtree will be the next Jerry Rice

After reviewing all of Crabtree's college footage, we got the steal of a lifetime. He wiil DOMINATE the NFL in a very short time. Get your popcorn ready for real this time.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_2008-TEXAS-TECH-RED-RAIDER-PASSING-GAME-PT-1/video/697826/32256.html
I just lost 30 seconds of my life...
Yikes.
HOMER ALERT!
I know it's early but can we declare this noob post of the day
  • NinerLunatic
  • Info N/A
I'm a long time reader recent user of the webzone. Some of these posters are smoking that sticky icky way too much. I don't know if this post is a joke or this guy is really serious.

~NinerLunatic
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Jul 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM ]
congratulations

you got attention
Originally posted by RonMexico:
congratulations

you got attention
JJ Stokes was once named Rice's successor as well.

Here is an article I found on why Crabtree is more T.O. than Rice:

"One thing that has bothered me about the Draft analysis of Michael Crabtree has been the comparisons to Jerry Rice. People do so because of Crabtree's perceived lack of speed.

I know one thing for certain though—Michael Crabtree is not the next Jerry Rice. He's the next Terrell Owens. Or at worst, the next Mike Williams.

In other words, I think Crabtree will be productive player, but in listening to his interviews, I can tell that he's not excited about where he's going. Maybe he's upset because he lost money. Maybe it's because he wanted to play for a different team.

He sounded like he needed Zoloft.

One thing I know for sure is, moody players are usually more trouble than they are worth.

I think that's why teams passed on Crabtree. Keep in mind that Seattle, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Jacksonville all passed on Crabtree too. I think they saw the same things in Crabtree that the Raiders did—a moody and uncooperative player. Rumor has it to that some within the 49ers organization did not want Crabtree either."

The article goes on to talk about the Raiders so he very well could be a jealous Raider homer but I thought it was interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/162663-michael-crabtree-is-the-next-terrell-owens-not-jerry-rice
This is silly.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
JJ Stokes was once named Rice's successor as well.

Here is an article I found on why Crabtree is more T.O. than Rice:

"One thing that has bothered me about the Draft analysis of Michael Crabtree has been the comparisons to Jerry Rice. People do so because of Crabtree's perceived lack of speed.

I know one thing for certain though—Michael Crabtree is not the next Jerry Rice. He's the next Terrell Owens. Or at worst, the next Mike Williams.

In other words, I think Crabtree will be productive player, but in listening to his interviews, I can tell that he's not excited about where he's going. Maybe he's upset because he lost money. Maybe it's because he wanted to play for a different team.

He sounded like he needed Zoloft.

One thing I know for sure is, moody players are usually more trouble than they are worth.

I think that's why teams passed on Crabtree. Keep in mind that Seattle, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Jacksonville all passed on Crabtree too. I think they saw the same things in Crabtree that the Raiders did—a moody and uncooperative player. Rumor has it to that some within the 49ers organization did not want Crabtree either."

The article goes on to talk about the Raiders so he very well could be a jealous Raider homer but I thought it was interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/162663-michael-crabtree-is-the-next-terrell-owens-not-jerry-rice

How you could take anything away from that article and see as credible is beyond me. Out of a 5 page article, supposedly about Crabtree being the next TO, the only mention of Crabtree or football for that matter was in the few short paragraphs you posted. The rest of the article was about how the media hates Al Davis and has no right to criticize him because he's Jewish. The dude actually went so far as to compare the main stream media with the Nazi’s because some have called Davis crazy for some of his recent moves. I guess the fact that Davis has totally run the Raiders in to the ground has gone over the guys head. When wasn’t heralding the greatness that is Al Davis, he was going on about how he and all the other sports bloggers have saved sorts reporting, because they’re so much smarter than those in the main stream media. How a web site supposedly dedicated to sports news allowed such drivel to be published blows my mind.