There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sports Science- Vernon Davis

I just watched Vernon Davis on sports science dragging two guys (360lbs) down the field. Did anybody ells see this?

Man we need to get the ball into this guys hands and just let him run!!!

I tried a search but couldn't find this posted anywhere, but sorry if I missed it.
we need to get the VD the ball for so many reasons not only is he a freak but we need to decide if he is our guy at TE long term. If not trade him for a mid round pick and let Walker have the position. I would be shoked if the team doesn't make a big effort to see what VD has this season a decision on his contract has to come soon and you have got to believe a guy like Davis is going to want his $.
yes he can pull all that weight. but being tackled and getting your legs taken out are factors they don't use.
if he can drag all that. what good is it if you cant catch the ball.
face plant
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
yes he can pull all that weight. but being tackled and getting your legs taken out are factors they don't use.
face plant

He can catch just fine, in fact. I will eat crow if you get the numbers and he is in the bottom percentage of the NFL in drops\ thrown to ratio.
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Chief:
face plant

He can catch just fine, in fact. I will eat crow if you get the numbers and he is in the bottom percentage of the NFL in drops\ thrown to ratio.

Well, I will eat poo if VD has top ten receiving yards for a TE in the '09 sesason. I don't think VD will get much better after another season. I hope to be proven wrong.
face plant

Someone already did he research about his drops,he wasn't anywhere near as bad as the wr's we have had in the past few years.I think it was 07 stats and Battle led the team in drops followed by D-Drop,then VD if I remember correctly.Either way,with a TE friendly OC Vernon needs to show that he can be more than an overpaid blocker.I think that he should be given more crossing routes so he can get some YAC going.
Originally posted by BurgerBoyRides:
face plant

Well, I will eat poo if VD has top ten receiving yards for a TE in the '09 sesason. I don't think VD will get much better after another season. I hope to be proven wrong.

My poo

I just wanna see a nice rise in his production and some good numbers for YAC.

Signed still patiently waiting.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Jul 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM ]
face plant

Wait - so, basically, you hope to eat poo?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
face plant

He can catch just fine, in fact. I will eat crow if you get the numbers and he is in the bottom percentage of the NFL in drops thrown to ratio.

So do you want your poo spiced or au natural?
Originally posted by Bille:
face plant

He can catch just fine, in fact. I will eat crow if you get the numbers and he is in the bottom percentage of the NFL in drops thrown to ratio.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
face plant

[ Edited by redrathman on Dec 4, 2009 at 18:54:30 ]
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
face plant

LOL! Oh the beauty of looking at things in retrospect.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I just wanna see a nice rise in his production and some good numbers for YAC.

Signed still patiently waiting.

he's gotta stop trying to juke people and just go full speed after the catch. I hate it when he thinks he's five feet with quick feet after the catch.