LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

What type of gameday fan are you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I eat chicken wings, with the secret Anchor Bar Wing Recipe.

you have the anchor bar wing recipe? how did you land that?

This thread would better fit in the parking lot forum but since eating wings is an important part of watching 49er games for me, I'll post this in Niner Talk so everyone can enjoy them. If the mods try them they will give me a pass and spare me the warning.

I went to college in way upstate NY, Plattsburgh to be specific. One of my fraternity brothers had a brother that worked at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. He used to make the Wing sauce everyday. He gave us the recipe.

Basic Wing Sauce Standard Ingredients.. I have been making these for years and have long since stopped measuring anything. It's a feel thing, but here are some rough measurements. Enjoy

Makes enough sauce for about 48 wings or so.

1/2 stick Butter
6oz Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 - 2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 tspn Black Pepper
2 - 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 - 3 Tbsp Worstershire Sauce
1 Tbsp (more or less to taste) Cayenne Pepper

Marie's Blue Cheese dressing for dipping

I usually add Honey (1/2 cup) because my wife and kids like them more sweet and tangy than firey hot.

The most important thing when making wings is to use clean and HOT (370 degree) vegetable oil and don't crowd the deep fryer or pot. I usually fry the wings about 15 at a time for about 12 minutes or until they are crispy. Crisp is very important

Thank you. I will definitely try this.
At the stick about 9am up in my consession stand cooling off the 10.00 a cup of beer and cooking hot dogs
I'm a loud fan but not too obnoxious....plus i'm all deck out in my 9ers colors./gears
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Apples:
I'm loud, but I like to watch the games by myself.

I'm the same way brother. I can't stand other peoples commentary and stupid remarks. It's especially annoying when they say incorrect stuff like, "dude good thing you guys got Hill in the 6th round last year (2008)." Uhhh gtfo of the room and let me watch in peace.

The only people I'll "watch" with is you guys on webzone chat lol.

couldn't agree more. IF you don't know, ask... I hate it when people make some stupid suggestion where they don't know what the hell they are talking about...
(if i'm going to the game and tailgating)

i wake up usually at 7am. get the grill, the food outa the fridge, all the liquor all set and ready to go into the truck. i like to lace the car up with the 49ers blanket put my WILSONS cherry red 42 jerzey on the dashboard and put my #52 on me! we usually leave the house no later then 830 to get to the stick at around 9:15 (because we live in milpitas about 45 minutes away... the whole ride down 101 is full of honking at fellow 49er fans with their 49er flags hanging out their windows!) get to the park unload spark the grill, drink some alcohol and GET LOUD! i like to give opposing fans HELL!

(if it's an away game or if i decide to stay home and watch it in 1080)

i like to wake up in the morning throw my jersey on and yell at the tv screen as if i'm there. the niner game is usually on at 1 till 4 so between that time i usually have peeps over for pizza and beer, or bbq and beer! we're all niner fans to the fullest!

football is a religion! i put my sundays finest to make the football gods happy! go niners!
I get blunted before and during the game
I am constantly yelling at the TV, whether we are doing good or bad.

When we score TD's you can hear me right through the house, when something bad happens you can hear me swearing at the TV like there was no tomorrow.

And don't dare try to talk to me when the game is going on, if you wanna ask something, do it during the commercial.

I swear I'm gonna die of a heart attack someday during a 49ers game. lol
  • NinersPC
  • Info N/A
I let out a firm "yes!" if we do something spectacular...but I'm definitely a yeller (accompanied with the expletive rain) when something goes wrong.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I get blunted before and during the game

lifted!
Originally posted by King49er:
I am constantly yelling at the TV, whether we are doing good or bad.

When we score TD's you can hear me right through the house, when something bad happens you can hear me swearing at the TV like there was no tomorrow.

And don't dare try to talk to me when the game is going on, if you wanna ask something, do it during the commercial.

I swear I'm gonna die of a heart attack someday during a 49ers game. lol

My wife said I'm the same way. LOL

i sacrifice a few cows to the gods for us to win
I am very loud even if i am blunted. Plus i broke a TV when JT O'Suckone threw that last pick during the Philly game
  • niners2007
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Actually gameday is quite the day for me. I wait all week for it. I get a menu prepped and when Im watching the game I am way to serious. Calling the players names Like I really know them.

It really a good way to relieve stress. Only thing is you know how our team usually end the game.

I agree with you. I talk to them as if they were my kids at times! But i'm also the type not to scream and yell every play. I can't stand that. It's a long game...gots to chill. So I guess I can be a quiet and loud guy but mostly quiet. Those who yell at every play don't understand sports. IMO. (bring the pain.... LOL!)
  • niners2007
  • Info N/A

Again, I agree with you too. I love watching games at bars don't get me wrong BUT I tend to not watch the entire game and I instead focus on talking smack, messing around with your boys or drinking to the point where the fat chick looks like Megan Fox. So I enjoy watching the game at home alone or with the fam bam.
  • niners2007
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49er4life:

I am kind of the same way, mostly because here in LA its hard ti find any other die hard fans.

Oh yea my girlfriend makes a point of leaving the house when the 49ers are on...

I'm in Diamond Bar!!! Let's meet up one of these days for a game!!!! And yes, My wife has her Sunday Allowance where she gets the cash and does the girlie thing. Only way I could get her to leave without making her feel like I just didn't want her there...although that's how I feel. LOL!
Share 49ersWebzone