LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

What type of gameday fan are you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
when i was younger:

if the niners lost, i was so mad, there was that lump in my throat. I would get so mad, i would punch the wall out of frustration.

As I get older, the anger & frustration was still there. But, no more punching walls and no more lumps in my throat. However, Nolan tested me! All those times he never threw the challenge flag and just to watch him throw it at the worst time. So glad he's gone!

I'm a loud, passionate excited fan at home and the games... hate sitting in front of the tea sipping quiet whiners that tell me to sit down. Stay home if you're not going to stand up and cheer for the 49ers! It's a different era!
If I'm at the stadium, im' loud. In my house, or at a sports bar, Im' silent. I just always believed in being silent while the other guy is loud and eats his words, although my best friends is loud, and he's hilarious so it's fun.

Normally, like when frank makes a big run, or if davis or someone scores, or anything. I'll stand up and pump my fist like tiger woods, or michael jordan with a satisfied and confident grin on face.

I try to stay silent, because it's awesome when you're quiet the whole game, then the niners come back and angry and loud rams fans are going crazy, but then end up eating their words at the end. hehe.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The quiet fist pumping type. Even the John Taylor TD catch in SB XXIII only got a quiet fist pump.

The only time I even remember leaving my seat was on a few Brandon Lloyd catches.
Home or at a game fairly loud! Lol scared a little one last yr and made em cry! Lol poor little guy. At work I had to be quiet but have yelled and had out bursts. People would laugh, cause half of em rooted against the niners just cause id root for em. Had a badass dude who was a niner fan wit me rootin and sportin niners as well! I work sundays now so glad to have a dvr ha ha
And the internet for updates for at work ha ha
  • Illusion
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:
The quiet fist pumping type. Even the John Taylor TD catch in SB XXIII only got a quiet fist pump.

The only time I even remember leaving my seat was on a few Brandon Lloyd catches.

so you just sit there quietly? hands folded? even when say frank breaks of a 40 yard run? thats weird
Gotta get loud when the 9ers are playing. scream yell jump cry... u kno its great
Originally posted by Apples:
I'm loud, but I like to watch the games by myself.

Why?
I am the loud, emotional, and sometimes violent. Sometimes when I am at the sports bars I have everyone looking at me when I am watching my Niners. They look at me as if they should call the cops on me so they can get me to leave. I have a presence as if I am really at the game. I am gonna be in trouble this year though bc my son will be learning how to talk and I dont know if its gonna be the appropriate vocabulary. I dont know how well he will sleep in the Monday Night game vs AZ. When I watch a game though I never count us out bc I will still figure out ways we can win. There have been games that we have been in and everyone is like this game is over the 49ers lost and I was like no way. Those games were Bengals (96) down 21-0, Colts (98) 21-0, and Giants (02) 38-14. I am and have remained very faithful. My friends think I am possessed when I watch a game. The most I ever been excited was when:

Jerry Rice 1st TD in 95 @ Dallas from Grbac
TO TD vs Packers in 98 WC Playoffs
Patrick Willis INT from last year I was screaming "Go Pat GO, DONT YOU GIVE UP ON ME".
I punch holes in my walls when something goes wrong.
In my youth, I was much more outwardly emotional fan than I am today. I would scream expletives at the TV... jump up and down, or occasionally throw or punch something. Now, I just sit there shaking my head and muttering "unbelievable" or I'm sitting there and seething. The losses still pretty much soil my entire week... yes, that's how much my football and 9ers mean to me.

I am a lonely fan. Always wishing I could watch the game with others so I could be loud and caught up in the emotions. Yet I hate watching with others who have foul mouths. So no bars for me. Just watching the games in silence.
Same, i'm a lonely guy as well. I do find that i can concentrate more on the game, the players, playcalling, schemes etc when i'm by myself and there are no other distractions.

As for celebrations, i clap whenever we make a huge play. Sometimes i'll yell 'touchdown' on the occasion that we score. Other than that, i'm normally silent throughout the whole thing.

When things go back, i'm in facepalm or shaking my head.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jul 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Same, i'm a lonely guy as well. I do find that i can concentrate more on the game, the players, playcalling, schemes etc when i'm by myself and there are no other distractions.

As for celebrations, i clap whenever we make a huge play. Sometimes i'll yell 'touchdown' on the occasion that we score. Other than that, i'm normally silent throughout the whole thing.

When things go back, i'm in facepalm or shaking my head.

-9fA

Haha, I'm the same way.

Depending on how we're playing, you'll either hear me say "We suck so bad, we're the worst" or "We're incredible, we can't be stopped".
Originally posted by Apples:
I'm loud, but I like to watch the games by myself.

same here.. i'll be moving around from tv to tv around the house nervous as hell, waiting to scream my lungs out for the game winner or incredible TD
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Illusion:
Originally posted by krizay:

so you just sit there quietly? hands folded? even when say frank breaks of a 40 yard run? thats weird

Well to be fair. I live in Ohio with no direct TV. So I don't exactly get to sit comfortably and watch the game. Had to do the internet thing for the most part. And let me tell ya my set up isn't all that great.

So I'm use to just sitting here and watching. Which carries over to national broadcasts.

I don't even get overly excited during Duke and Carolina. And Duke is my favorte sports team.
Share 49ersWebzone