There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill's Passer Rating by Quarter

Here is where Shaun Hill ranks (among all NFL quarterbacks) in passer rating by quarter:

1st quarter - 5th
2nd quarter - 6th
3rd quarter - 32nd
4th quarter - 4th

His 3rd quarter ranking has got me completely confused. I can understand him falling into the mid teens, maybe early 20's, but very last in the league...I don't get it?
Originally posted by RedRazor:
Here is where Shaun Hill ranks (among all NFL quarterbacks) in passer rating by quarter:

1st quarter - 5th
2nd quarter - 6th
3rd quarter - 32nd
4th quarter - 4th

His 3rd quarter ranking has got me completely confused. I can understand him falling into the mid teens, maybe early 20's, but very last in the league...I don't get it?

It raises concerns but just like his overall statistics, it shouldn't define who Hill is as a Quarterback. His limited starts is too small of a sample size to draw concrete conclusions. If he's 32nd in the 3rd Quarter after a full season, it's time to be worried.
Originally posted by redrathman:

1st quarter - 5th
2nd quarter - 6th
3rd quarter - 32nd
4th quarter - 4th

It raises concerns but just like his overall statistics, it shouldn't define who Hill is as a Quarterback. His limited starts is too small of a sample size to draw concrete conclusions. If he's 32nd in the 3rd Quarter after a full season, it's time to be worried.

I agree. But in terms of probability, if someone ranks 5th, 6th, and 4th in 3 out of 4 categories, how does someone drop off so much? There has to be something going on at halftime that isn't clicking with Hill's style of play.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Hill is so underrated, it is completely bizarre.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:

i disagree... i think hill has not played enough to be overrated or underated. and reguardless he is not top 5 qb. any quarter, he will never fit in with mannings, bradys, mcnabbs. not startin an argument... its all my opinion
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:

i disagree... i think hill has not played enough to be overrated or underated. and reguardless he is not top 5 qb. any quarter, he will never fit in with mannings, bradys, mcnabbs. not startin an argument... its all my opinion

thats fine, and I agree he will never be a manning or brady, but there is not a QB on our roster that will ever reach that level.

Well i wouldn't put mcnab with brady. McNabb is a big baby and a choke artist, Who always has a talented defense unit, and Westbrooke.
Originally posted by redrathman:

1st quarter - 5th
2nd quarter - 6th
3rd quarter - 32nd
4th quarter - 4th

its by chance really in the 3rd qt against the rams he struggled as well as dallas but against the rams at home we were up big no need
It makes perfect since... WTF are yall thinking? He plays good for the 1st two quarters and during the 3rd he just stinks it up while the D is sitting there thinking "ok this guy is choking and he is done". Then when the 3rd quarter goes to an end and then the broadcast network goes to commercial Shuan will go to the sideline and grab his "special" water bottle (like on the movie Space Jam) filled with Muscle Milk, Gatorade, Red Bull, and a splash of pickle juice he turns it up and chugs th whole thing. Now he comes on the field (Rams away game last year perfect example) and opens a can of whoop ass on the D which leaves them staggering and thinking "WTF is Shuan drinking in that water bottle or is he just screwing with us"?

Shaun Hill "A Master of Disguise" under the face mask.
  • carl
  • Veteran

He's very smart with the ball. That's why he's got the high QB rating.

Sadly, everyone is more in love with a QB that has a gun and can't hit the target (cough Alex cough Smith cough).
Shaun Hill has done well when he has played. He still has not proven himself fully to me. he is 30 years old.. can we really rely on him in the future?
Thanks for bringing that stat up. I remember last season they mentioned it here and there. I totally forgot about it though. It really boggles my mind, hopefully they can try to address that issue in training camp. I'm guessing it might have something to do with his conditioning.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Thanks for bringing that stat up. I remember last season they mentioned it here and there. I totally forgot about it though. It really boggles my mind, hopefully they can try to address that issue in training camp. I'm guessing it might have something to do with his conditioning.

I would think that if it had to do with his conditioning it would show up in the 4th quarter not the 3rd when he's just had rest.

I'd say it has more to do with the opposing teams making defensive adjustments. For all of his success, the fact still remains that Hill is a limited passer. The 3rd quarter is usually when you see teams make adjustments and try to take away what their opponents were doing in the first half.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Shaun Hill has done well when he has played. He still has not proven himself fully to me. he is 30 years old.. can we really rely on him in the future?

We can rely on him as an average to above-average quarterback for five or six more years which is nice to have. He will never be elite, but it gives us five or six years to build the talent on the team until we find that elite guy.
Ya we all know that Shaun Hill has a "Noodle Arm" but is there anything that a Pro QB can do to fix that? Is there a certain type of workout designed to improve arm strength for NFL Qb's? Or is it something that you can't teach like speed?