There are 274 users in the forums

Crabtree the Cure for Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I seem to remember a lot of receivers dropping balls that practically hit them right in the hands a couple years ago. We haven't had a sure-handed receiver since drafting Alex Smith until we signed Isaac Bruce.

If Alex gets a receiver that will fight for the ball, imagine how many yards he could rack up. And that's what Michael Crabtree brings to the table. I think Shaun Hill is a solid quarterback, but Alex Smith has the tools to be great like Peyton Manning. Is Crabtree his Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? Time will tell.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PRE-SEASON!!! We can finally see what we have in Crabtree. It's like waiting for your Lamborghini to get fixed. Or your girlfriend to come home with new implants.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Nope.

The only thing holding back Alex is himself. And thanks to a contract restructure, he's got a couple more years to figure out whatever it is that's holding him back.
Crabtrees' the cure for friggin Dorsey

yeeea
Originally posted by Psinex:
I seem to remember a lot of receivers dropping balls that practically hit them right in the hands a couple years ago. We haven't had a sure-handed receiver since drafting Alex Smith until we signed Isaac Bruce.

If Alex gets a receiver that will fight for the ball, imagine how many yards he could rack up. And that's what Michael Crabtree brings to the table. I think Shaun Hill is a solid quarterback, but Alex Smith has the tools to be great like Peyton Manning. Is Crabtree his Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? Time will tell.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PRE-SEASON!!! We can finally see what we have in Crabtree. It's like waiting for your Lamborghini to get fixed. Or your girlfriend to come home with new implants.

man i get so tired of the alex smith kool-aid drinkers..every season
Alright, another Alex thread! Good thing you posted it, there's absolutely NO way this could've been posted in any of the other existing Alex Smith threads.
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:

man i get so tired of the alex smith kool-aid drinkers..every season

Last season for it.

It's now or never.

THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
For myself, Alex needs to consistently get first downs. Crabtree can be huge with this.

Alex has been offbeat with the rhythm of the game. Shaun does this naturally.

If Offense 5.0 does what we hope it will, providing more options in the shorter game, giving the QB authority to call audibles, more consistency in the running game, I think Alex can set the rhythm and keep the beat.
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
For myself, Alex needs to consistently get first downs. Crabtree can be huge with this.

Alex has been offbeat with the rhythm of the game. Shaun does this naturally.

If Offense 5.0 does what we hope it will, providing more options in the shorter game, giving the QB authority to call audibles, more consistency in the running game, I think Alex can set the rhythm and keep the beat.

Finally, an intelligent response. I think you're right about Alex being out of sync. But I attribute that to a few different factors, likely out of his control. Reason number one would be his injury, which needs no explanation. The last time that we saw Alex play in a game was in 2007. And that whole season can be thrown out due to one man...Jim Hostler. Worst play-calling I've ever witnessed. With our porous offensive line, he kept calling 7 step drops. By the time the QB's got set, sometimes even in the middle of their dropbacks, there would get sacked. Draw plays on 3rd and long. 4 receiver sets on 3rd and short.

So 2006 is really the best gauge of his progress, because he played the entire season with a good offensive coordinator. And obviously, he's changed since 2006. Grown as a person and as a player. And Nolan is gone, which seems to have given him a new life.

Alex never had a dependable receiver like Isaac Bruce who could catch the ball without flipping out on him like Antonio Bryant. And I don't think this has been stressed enough. Michael Crabtree was THE BEST receiver in college football the last two years. There's a lot of hype, but there's a lot of talent there too. He will definitely help move the chains, but more importantly, he can make big plays down the field.
There is now cure for that chump!!!!!!!
DAMN SMITH GROUPIES ALWAYS ON HIS JOCK
GET OVER IT!!!!!
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
GET OVER IT!!!!!

Oh, all caps, that means he's yelling and angry.

Originally posted by yoyo49:
GET OVER IT!!!!!

Oh, all caps, that means he's yelling and angry.

Jus yelling not angry ok

Why does it make a Niner fan angry if another Niner fan supports a given Niner player? Just wondering.

I think both QB's will be working with a much better and deeper receiving corps this year than they've had for quite a while. And, Crabtree seems to be the kind of player that makes any QB look better with his YAC. I hope they work him into the lineup with design plays.

exactly what tools ?
GET OVER IT!!!!!

• SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
With the nature of this forum, I'm surprised no one quipped something along the lines of:

Quote:
Cure for Alex? I didn't know he was a disease.

or

Quote:
Cure for Alex? No. Alex is not a disease.

or

Quote:
Cure for VD? Sorry, there is no cure for VD. Only treatments.
Share 49ersWebzone