There are 178 users in the forums

Niner Trivia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS TRIVIA

1) What year were the San Francisco 49ers founded?

Choose Your Answer: A: 1937, B: 1946, C: 1955, D: 1964

2) Who was the San Francisco 49ers very first draft choice after they joined the NFL?

Choose Your Answer: A: Joe Perry, B: Leo Nomellini, C: Y.A. Tittle, D: Frankie Albert

3) The San Francisco 49ers retired jersey #12 in honor of what player?

Choose Your Answer: A: Joe Montana, B: Steve Young, C: John Brodie, D: Joe Perry

4) What ohio businessman purchased the San Francisco 49ers in 1977?

Choose Your Answer: A: Eddie DeBartolo Jr., B: Tony Morabito, C: Albert J. Ruffo, D: Lawrence Purcell

5) How many Super Bowls did the San Francisco 49ers win during the 1980s?

Choose Your Answer: A: Two, B: Four, C: Six, D: None

6) The San Francisco 49ers drafted QB Joe Montana in what round of the 1979 NFL draft?

Choose Your Answer: A: 1st round, B: 2nd round, C: 3rd round, D: He wasn't drafted -- he was a free agent

7) Who was the first San Francisco 49er to finish his career with more than 50 interceptions?

Choose Your Answer: A: Jimmy Johnson, B: Merton Hanks, C: Dwight Hicks, D: Ronnie Lott

8) What new offensive scheme is former 49ers head coach Bill Walsh credited with creating?

Choose Your Answer: A: Run and Shoot, B: Fun and Gun, C: West Coast Offense, D: No Huddle Offense

9) Which of the following players finished his 49ers career with the most sacks?

Choose Your Answer: A: Bryant Young, B: Charles Haley, C: Cedrick Hardman, D: Tommy Hart

10) How many receiving yards did WR Jerry Rice compile during his career as a San Francisco 49er?

Choose Your Answer: A: 7,470, B: 14,195, C: 16,598, D: 18,442
1) What year were the San Francisco 49ers founded? B: 1946

2) Who was the San Francisco 49ers very first draft choice after they joined the NFL? B: Leo Nomellini

3) The San Francisco 49ers retired jersey #12 in honor of what player? C: John Brodie

4) What ohio businessman purchased the San Francisco 49ers in 1977? A: Eddie DeBartolo Jr.

5) How many Super Bowls did the San Francisco 49ers win during the 1980s? B: Four

6) The San Francisco 49ers drafted QB Joe Montana in what round of the 1979 NFL draft? C: 3rd round

7) Who was the first San Francisco 49er to finish his career with more than 50 interceptions? A: Jimmy Johnson

8) What new offensive scheme is former 49ers head coach Bill Walsh credited with creating? C: West Coast Offense

9) Which of the following players finished his 49ers career with the most sacks? A: Bryant Young

10) How many receiving yards did WR Jerry Rice compile during his career as a San Francisco 49er? D: 18,442

I might be off on some of the question....

Originally posted by kidash98:

2) Who was the San Francisco 49ers very first draft choice after they joined the NFL? B: Leo Nomellini

3) The San Francisco 49ers retired jersey #12 in honor of what player? C: John Brodie

4) What ohio businessman purchased the San Francisco 49ers in 1977? A: Eddie DeBartolo Jr.

5) How many Super Bowls did the San Francisco 49ers win during the 1980s? B: Four

6) The San Francisco 49ers drafted QB Joe Montana in what round of the 1979 NFL draft? C: 3rd round

7) Who was the first San Francisco 49er to finish his career with more than 50 interceptions? A: Jimmy Johnson

8) What new offensive scheme is former 49ers head coach Bill Walsh credited with creating? C: West Coast Offense

9) Which of the following players finished his 49ers career with the most sacks? A: Bryant Young

10) How many receiving yards did WR Jerry Rice compile during his career as a San Francisco 49er? D: 18,442

I would have to say Albert or Perry for #2. I think Leo came later in the 60's.

And, I think Eddie's father, Eddie senior actually bought the team and gave it to him.

One more hair-splitting. You could say that they only won three SB's in the 80's because the 89 season championship was played in early '90.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:

And, I think Eddie's father, Eddie senior actually bought the team and gave it to him.

One more hair-splitting. You could say that they only won three SB's in the 80's because the 89 season championship was played in early '90.

Amazing how many looks this thread has had and only you two posted.

Oliver, nice job btw, 9-10 correct

PM me for the answers. if you want.
Some of these question are way before my time. I felt bad.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BigRon:

I agree with you. However it was Senior who bought the team & gave it to his son Jr as a present. Also question 7, I think that Johnson never got 50 & I know Lott passed the 60 mark, so I'd have to go with that.

Great questions....
I still think it's 8 out of 10 because Senior bought the team, not Junior, but it's a minor distinction. Who was the first draft pick? Perry or Albert?
I still think it's 8 out of 10 because Senior bought the team, not Junior, but it's a minor distinction. Who was the first draft pick? Perry or Albert?

Check you PM
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A

To add some hair-splitting of my own, I would think a choice of 5 superbowls during the 80s might stump some people. A choice for Montana's draft round should also be 6th, as Tom Brady was drafted then and you know they are so comparable. Also, for the first question, a choice should have been 1949, as some of the youngins might see that and think, "well, duh." :P

4) What ohio businessman purchased the San Francisco 49ers in 1977? A: Eddie DeBartolo Jr. (via Eddie DeBartolo Sr.)
B: Four
7) Who was the first San Francisco 49er to finish his career with more than 50 interceptions? D: Ronnie Lott
9) Which of the following players finished his 49ers career with the most sacks? C: Cedrick Hardman --- ooh, toughie!
Originally posted by sarpp:

I agree with you. However it was Senior who bought the team & gave it to his son Jr as a present. Also question 7, I think that Johnson never got 50 & I know Lott passed the 60 mark, so I'd have to go with that.

Great questions....

oops I counted wrong. It is 8 of 10

Missed on 7 and 9

This was fun... hope i did ok.

1. b
2. c
3. c
4. a
5. b
6. c
7. d
8. c
9. b
10. b

Ron let me know i was 8 of 10, missed on 2 & 9.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sarpp:

Great questions....

oops I counted wrong. It is 8 of 10

Missed on 7 and 9

Hey I've checked and your wrong about Jimmy Johnson, HE NEVER reached 50 INT's, only had 47 INT, so that can't be correct which means ONLY Lott reached the 50 INT plateau...I only missed one then...

Jimmy Johnson Stats
before my time but fun post!
  • buck
  • Veteran
1) What year were the San Francisco 49ers founded?

2) Who was the San Francisco 49ers very first draft choice after they joined the NFL?

B: Leo Nomellini 1950 draft pick First round, 11th pick

3) The San Francisco 49ers retired jersey #12 in honor of what player?

C: John Brodie

4) What Ohio businessman purchased the San Francisco 49ers in 1977?

A: Eddie DeBartolo Sr.

B: Four

6) The San Francisco 49ers drafted QB Joe Montana in what round of the 1979 NFL draft?

C: 3rd round

7) Who was the first San Francisco 49er to finish his career with more than 50 interceptions?

D: Ronnie Lott 51 interceptions as a 49er.

8) What new offensive scheme is former 49ers head coach Bill Walsh credited with creating?

C: West Coast Offense

9) Which of the following players finished his 49ers career with the most sacks?

C: Hardman, Cedrick (1970-79) 112.5

10) How many receiving yards did WR Jerry Rice compile during his career as a San Francisco 49er?

D: 19,247 with the 49ers

http://www.49ers.com/history/career_stats.php?section=HI%20Career%20Stats%20Leaders

Rice, had 22,895 yards in receptions in his career.
This just popped into my head a few mins ago and it really made me think.
Which Niner QBs, including backups, have throw to T.O.?
Cue the Jeopardy theme!!
Share 49ersWebzone