There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If crabs has a josh morgan esq rookie season is that enough?

If crabs has a josh morgan esq rookie season is that enough?

hmmm J hill's # are almost as good as morgans
http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonhill/profile?id=HIL389650
he has more catches but a lower avg and only one less td catch... could be an interesting season guys
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
he has more catches but a lower avg and only one less td catch... could be an interesting season guys

The issue with Jason Hill is that I have no confidence that he can stay healthy for a full season.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:

The issue with Jason Hill is that I have no confidence that he can stay healthy for a full season.

-9fA

Jason Hill came on late last season too once he started getting more playing time. dont sleep on jason hill. he's gonna have a good year if he stays healthy
I think it was Maiocco who said that we should temper our expectations -- even Calvin Johnson, who is a beast by anyone's standards, needed a year to start to come on...
f**k no
If he doesn't start from day 1 and set rookie records in every category he will be a bust...

That is barely an exaggeration here on the zone,we have too many people here that think they know more than the experts.
I'm already prepared for people to be screaming bust after week two of the preseason...
  • carl
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is a bust!

Oh wait, has this thread not degraded there yet? Sorry, my bad... be back tomorrow.

So back on topic... Crabtree

I'm in no rush to see this guy be thrown into the lineup. We have enough talent on the team that we don't need to rush him.

I would like to see him get some playing time and get a feel for the NFL game. And I'd love to see him have Colston success. But I certainly wouldn't call him a bust if he doesn't.

I think if he had a year like Morgan did, that would be confirmation enough that he's going to be okay.

Even Jerry Rice wasn't that impressive as a rookie. I remember that guy dropping passes... and washing his hands (bonus points if you get this).
Originally posted by carl:
Alex Smith is a bust!

Oh wait, has this thread not degraded there yet? Sorry, my bad... be back tomorrow.

So back on topic... Crabtree

I'm in no rush to see this guy be thrown into the lineup. We have enough talent on the team that we don't need to rush him.

I would like to see him get some playing time and get a feel for the NFL game. And I'd love to see him have Colston success. But I certainly wouldn't call him a bust if he doesn't.

I think if he had a year like Morgan did, that would be confirmation enough that he's going to be okay.

Even Jerry Rice wasn't that impressive as a rookie. I remember that guy dropping passes... and washing his hands (bonus points if you get this).

You're right. There were smatterings of boos during the 85 season. But, the team wasn't nearly as deep at receiver as this one is and I agree that they should go slow with Crabtree. Sticking him in for specific plays to start is the way to go.
We have a lot of talent at WR this season. I see us using Issac Bruce, Morgan, Hill, and Brandon Jones as the first line and then Crabtree will be worked in as rapidly as possible. That leavs Battle, Zeigler, and Spurlock fighting over the 6th spot. We know that this is the last year for Bruce so we will be stockpiling a bit.

I would see Crabtree in the 35-60 passes caught range. Obviously everything will depend upon what happens in TC. Everyone will get their shot at making the team. Crabtree clearly has a lot of talent. So I foresee Morgan, Hill, Crabtree as being our starting WRs for next year, or even at the end of this year. I would see Crabtree getting at least what Morgan go last year. If that happened, and we are winning games I will be happy.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If he is kept from starting because of exceptional play from the other wr's that is okay by me,rookie receivers that make an immediate impact are very rare.

Exactly.

I do predict that Crabtree most likely won't be starting on opening day. It will take him a while to get things going especially since he hasn't been catching or running routes.

35 catches/350 yards/3 TD's.

-9fA

This. Rookie WRs struggle. Period.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
fyi. morgan was drafted in the 6th round, not 5th.

and colston was taken in the 7th. draft position means nothing. talent is everywhere, its just a matter of finding it

You would think you would find it with the 10th pick in the draft. Rookie WRs are notoriously slow starters, but by mid-year I would expect Crabtree to be playing and having an impact.
i think everyone is underestimating crabtree...
we will see how he does coming off this injury that been holding him back
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Damn I had a dyslexic moment. I read the title as "If Josh Morgan has crabs..." I thought we had reached the day that niner talk was getting too personal.

LMAO!