LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Frank Gore is 8th Best RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When I want to know how well my Niners are going to do this season, I always seek out one of the propeller heads writing code at Electronic Arts. They ought to know.
False Advertisement

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4206757

According to the folks at EA, Frank Gore is the 8th best back in the league.

Note: Vernon Davis is not ranked in the top 10 TEs and Patrick Willis is the 5th best defensive player (best LB).

Screw EA. They're haters. They know nothing about football. especially our 9ers. Vernon Davis was the 3rd alternate for the NFC pro bowl team. He ran a 4.38 fastest TE in the league. Best blocking TE to ever lace em up. How can he not be in the top 10.

Freakin' haters!

Oh dear God, I hope you're joking. Let's revisit that comment:

Best blocking TE to ever lace em up.

Vernon Davis is: Best blocking TE to ever lace em up. ... according to you of course.

He's a decent blocker who can run fast, and can't catch. That's why he's not top 10.

You must work for either EA or ESPN. Just hating on the 9ers just to be hatin' If you think he's just decent. You need to go back to Gayder land.

Quote:
decent blocker who can run fast, and can't catch
HATER!

OK good, you are just joking.
Originally posted by crzy:
^^ Vernon is the best blocking TE in the NFL.

He wasn't even the best blocking TE on our team. Bajema was better.

But I guess people will see what they wanna see.
Frank is perfect right where Id have them all ranked
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Wow. Just wow.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 30, 2009 at 11:15:40 ]

Wow. Just wow.

Oh man, I know! Crazy, right?
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
http://madden.easportsfans.com/?page_id=251

Alex Smith is rated 67
wow, why so high?

Note: Vernon Davis is not ranked in the top 10 TEs and Patrick Willis is the 5th best defensive player (best LB).

I agree with all of these stats. Willis could be a little higher, but Frank didnt do much cause of injury last year and VD straight-out-sucks.

Screw EA. They're haters. They know nothing about football. especially our 9ers. Vernon Davis was the 3rd alternate for the NFC pro bowl team. He ran a 4.38 fastest TE in the league. Best blocking TE to ever lace em up. How can he not be in the top 10.

Freakin' haters!

Uhh, they're based in Redwood City, they probably know more about our Niners than any other team. Not everyone sees our team in Homervision.

Yes, apparently YOU see what you wanna see.
I think Frank Gore is going to return to 2006 form this year. And as for Davis, he's just going to have to put up the numbers before he can ever silence the doubters.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
I think Frank Gore is going to return to 2006 form this year. And as for Davis, he's just going to have to put up the numbers before he can ever silence the doubters.

With gore I agree and believe the same thing for the upcoming yr. As for vd wit the 6th pick in the draft, I aint to sure the critics will silent 100%. Unless he was putting up wideout numbers. I could be wrong tho
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:

With gore I agree and believe the same thing for the upcoming yr. As for vd wit the 6th pick in the draft, I aint to sure the critics will silent 100%. Unless he was putting up wideout numbers. I could be wrong tho

For ME it's going to take more than yards. It's going to take him actually making plays. Any average TE can get yards if the oppurtunity is there. He was drafted to be a playmaker. I want him to make plays.

Which I'm not so confident he can do on a consistant enough basis to justify the #6 pick.
Originally posted by frankie:

For ME it's going to take more than yards. It's going to take him actually making plays. Any average TE can get yards if the oppurtunity is there. He was drafted to be a playmaker. I want him to make plays.

Which I'm not so confident he can do on a consistant enough basis to justify the #6 pick.

See this is what I had meant, the fact that he is not a go to go on a crucial 3rd down or even 4th down attempt knowing he will make the catch and move the chains if the ball gets remotely near him. I think for the most part there will still be people, saying we coulda had, and coulda gotten so n so, or we coulda traded down and got an extra pick, n so on. The 6th over all pick hasn't solely been justified as of yet. I want em to tear it up and show he was worth every penny. His blocking is amazing, but he hasn't really shown the ability of why we had drafted em. And I like vernon davis!
Share 49ersWebzone