There are 179 users in the forums

What makes a "TRUE" 49ers fan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NASTYNATE22:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I often see the charge of "your not a real fan" aimed at posters who make negative or derogatory comments about certain players or the quality of team play, etc. I think that is way off base and that anybody who takes the time to go a web page devoted to the Niners and read up and comment on them MUST be a 49er fan.

If you disagree, tell me how YOU determine who is or who is not a "true 49ers fan."

A.) A "true" fan is someone who...

B.) Someone who is "not a true fan" is someone who...

A true 49er fan doesn't start threads like this one. A true 49er fan is comfortable in thier fanhood and doesn't bother trying to measure up nor do they care where others stand.

could not agree with you more. Bro

What a coincidence, I don't give a crap what either of you think.
Your a true fan if all your boxes are colored red here on the webzone JK

Simple ...a true 49er fan will support the team through rough patches and refrain from kicking our players when their down
being a "true" fan isnt hard, nor is it impressive. its fan basics. come on guys.

all you have to do is not stop following the team during the bad times. dont go buy a Steelers hat until the 49ers turn it around.

be loyal to one team (in this case SF), and dont be a fairweather fan. watch when were bad. thats all you have to do. oh, and learn about the team...theres nothing that bothers me more than someone going "yeah im a 49ers fan", but when you start talking with them, they only know like 3 players names and try to change the subject.
If you post in Niner Talk...
Although this is my first post here, I've been reading the site for a couple of years. I'll let you other fans decide if I'm a "true fan".

I've been an Usher at the games for 31 years and looking forward to this next season. I've been through the worst (Joe Thomas era) to the best with Joe, Jerry and BW. My "9er room" has nothing but 49er stuff. From calenders back to day 1, flags, posters, Super Bowl mugs and anything else related to the niners. My car is trimmed in 49er red with personal licence frames with my trademark name "giant9er".

Over my many years working the games, I've missed 3 games. I wear a 49er had almost everyday (unless I've got a Giants hat on).

So what do you all think. Am I a "true fan" ??
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Although this is my first post here, I've been reading the site for a couple of years. I'll let you other fans decide if I'm a "true fan".

I've been an Usher at the games for 31 years and looking forward to this next season. I've been through the worst (Joe Thomas era) to the best with Joe, Jerry and BW. My "9er room" has nothing but 49er stuff. From calenders back to day 1, flags, posters, Super Bowl mugs and anything else related to the niners. My car is trimmed in 49er red with personal licence frames with my trademark name "giant9er".

Over my many years working the games, I've missed 3 games. I wear a 49er had almost everyday (unless I've got a Giants hat on).

All Niners employees are void from the competition or category of true Niners fans.
A true 49'ers fan would have, " S F 49'ers, A Tradition of Champions, A Credo of Excellence" tatoo'd on his FLACID penis, all on one line! And with room left over!!!
If an employee is void from being a fan, what would that make me? Do I need to quit my job to gain your support ?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
A true 49'ers fan would have, " S F 49'ers, A Tradition of Champions, A Credo of Excellence" tatoo'd on his FLACID penis, all on one line! And with room left over!!!

What about my wife ?

when you bet a colleague that Frank Gore will have a better year than LT in 2009.

Originally posted by niners2007:
Originally posted by the_woad:
A "true" niner fan is someone who saw every play called by Hostler in 2007 and did not turn off the tv in disgust. I have post-traumatic stress disorder from that season.

To watch 20+ years of dynamite offense devolve into what happened in 2007... I very nearly jumped ship.

I caught perhaps 95% of all those Hostler calls but not every play. That makes you a better fan than me? Hmmmm......I don't think so. When I turned it off it was because I was disgusted and rather than spending time seeing that moron turn our offense into a playground offense I chose to spend time with my kids. That makes less of a fan than you? Really?

Another poster said a fan is someone who rides with the team regardless but still hopes for the best. I fall under that category I guess. I am a die hard Niners fan but their are times when life calls and you have to do what you have to do. With three kids, a wife and a demanding career it's hard to catch 100% of everything Niners. I also agree with another poster who said that if you take the time to log ito the zone you must be a fan. Especially if you do it from work as I often do whenver I get the time.

BUt I guess there really isn't a right or wrong answer. Although i'm interested in zones response because I have a generic "blog" from work (that is actually just a bunch of friends e-mailing each other regarding sports all day) and I often ask what is a sports fan. So I'll keep reading these post an like yet again another poster said listen to the banter....

wtf

1. he never said anything about being a better fan
2. he was joking
3. lol
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

What about my wife ?

Wives are fans by association. By the way, your name says it all, Giant9er member!
I would consider myself a true fan. ( not trying to say that if I do something regarding the team, and someone else doesn't, that it makes them any less of a fan).

I became interested to american football in 2004. I'd been living in San Francisco for about 4 years up till that point. My first ever Niner game I watched was the first victory they had that 2-14 season. It was the one at home, against the Cards, when we pulled off a 16 point deficit and came back to win in over time with Brandon lloyd's diving catch in the endzone. After I saw that game, I was amazed by the team, thinking they were total badass until I read into them a little bit more and found out that that game was there first win of the season. Anyways, I literally told myself that I was still, no matter what, going to be a "Niner for life", hence my username.
Anyways, everyone knows how that season turned out, and the 4 afterwards. I have seen every Niner game since that 1st victory in 2004, every play since that 2004 1st victory. I look forward to each and every Niner game the entire week, reading about them during the week, watching highlights of the last game, even if they lost. If the Niners lose a game, I sort of have this depressed sort of sad feeling in me for a couple of days. Not completely depressed, but just sad and angry. And if they win, that happy feeling erases every other bad thing that happens the next week, because my Niners won.
I'm still sitting here today writing about my beloved team. I don't care if they win or lose, (although i want them to win badly), but I will stay by this team forever, a true Niner4life. And this is what makes me a true 49ers fan.
Originally posted by Joecool:

All Niners employees are void from the competition or category of true Niners fans.

-9fA
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by Apples:
Anybody who cheers for them.

Brodiefan has warned us about you.

LOL, oh really? What did he say? I'm interested.

Apples, don't waste your time. You could spend the next 8 hours pouring over posts and you'll never find any mention of you personally by me. I think you're a knowledgeable poster. For all I know, some of these posters are checking in from the common area computer at their mental institution.

Hey Mods,

Following "Oscar's" explanation of warning one member who posts something that could get another member warned or banned, how is a comment like the one bolded, one that could clearly offend and/or irritate, not a warnable offense? It could lead to another fan responding inappropriately so what gives?

Please don't take offense Brodie, I'm merely using your potentially irritating comment as an example. I'm sure there are thousands of them in this forum that I could choose from, most of which I'm sure the poster was not warned about.
[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone