Addai
Steven Jackson
Portis
Westbrook (always injured though)
Slaton
Ronnie Brown
Lynch
Kevin Smith

You can't just throw DeAngelo Williams in the top 5 after one good season. Just my opinion though...

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jun 25, 2009 at 16:27:42 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Give Gore a real OL and IMO he will lead the league in rushing.... No back hits the hole like gore!

That same argument can be said to alot of Backs in the league.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
Given Frank Gore's career so far...where do you think he'll end up this season?? I know a lot of webzoners think Gore is a top 5 back but im thinking more like top 15. Voice your opinion!

Not top 5 but somewhere around 8 I think
Is footballfreak49 on crack?
  • carl
  • Veteran
Q: Is Frank Gore overrated??

Well, is he healthy?

Because if he's healthy with Norris blocking for him between the tackles, he's pretty damn good.

And with Hill as QB with respectable receivers... I think Gore is going to be frightening... if he's healthy.
Well, let's use numbers. Since most of us play Madden anyways, do you think Gore's rating of 91 this year is overrated?

I think it's a little high. His production's dipped significantly, but a lot of people ignore that because I think they keep thinking of THAT GUY who rushed for 1695 yards a few seasons ago. Personally I dunno if he's the same back. Maiocco has talked about how even he (Maiocco) has seen some big cutback lanes that Gore has missed. Plus, Gore only had one run over 40 yards, and that was against 'Zona in the opener. Good backs can consistently get yardage, but that's it. Edgerrin James is a "good" back. Elite backs, though, break big plays AND get yardage.

I'd give Gore an 87, maybe 86 in Madden, not a 91. 90+ is reserved for the elite, the top 5 in the league
Originally posted by popalpo:
http://www.specialending.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/stfu_noob.jpg

A noob tried to rip on another noob and couldn't even figure out how to post a picture!!!

All runningbacks are underrated AND overrated meaning the success of their game hinges on so many factors that they're tough to gauge. The same can be said for any position in football which is why it's unfair to rank players out of fantasy.

Gore runs as hard as anyone...that's all you need to know. Rankings are bulls**t
Gore is far from overrated. Underrated, maybe.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jun 25, 2009 at 17:03:11 ]
The only place that Gore is overrated is this forum

Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
The only place that Gore is overrated is this forum

agreed. He is probably the 5th best RB in the league, probably between 4-6th best. If those pesky injuries go away he could be top 3 easily.
are you f**kin kidding me?!
Originally posted by Louiecomelately:
Well, let's use numbers. Since most of us play Madden anyways, do you think Gore's rating of 91 this year is overrated?

I think it's a little high. His production's dipped significantly, but a lot of people ignore that because I think they keep thinking of THAT GUY who rushed for 1695 yards a few seasons ago. Personally I dunno if he's the same back. Maiocco has talked about how even he (Maiocco) has seen some big cutback lanes that Gore has missed. Plus, Gore only had one run over 40 yards, and that was against 'Zona in the opener. Good backs can consistently get yardage, but that's it. Edgerrin James is a "good" back. Elite backs, though, break big plays AND get yardage.

I'd give Gore an 87, maybe 86 in Madden, not a 91. 90+ is reserved for the elite, the top 5 in the league

First off Maddens rating system is retarded. When you rate a back you should be looking equally at numbers as your are every other variable that goes into having a big season Like the fact that Frank Gore is in top 4 of the league in all purpose yards since 2006. Top ten in all purpose yards last year and the fact that he accounts for the most % of his teams offensive production than any other back in the league. I think alot of people have Frank Gore on the decline but I say this is his year.

[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jun 25, 2009 at 18:46:05 ]
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Louiecomelately:

First off Maddens rating system is retarded. When you rate a back you should be looking equally at numbers as your are every other variable that goes into having a big season Like the fact that Frank Gore is in top 4 of the league in all purpose yards since 2006. Top ten in all purpose yards last year and the fact that he accounts for the most % of his teams offensive production than any other back in the league. I think alot of people have Frank Gore on the decline but I say this is his year.

Without Frank Gore our team would be the Detroit Lions
Share 49ersWebzone